Cheesy's Away.

He is a Buddie and tried hard every game and got a chance to live the dream and will always be in our history books. Best of luck Marc wherever you end up. Can you take some of our supporters with you? :)

Never going to make the pantheon of Saints legends but would have been fine if idiot managers hadn't tried to make him something he could never be.

He's a cup winner and some time captain in one of the most successful periods in our history and I wish him every success.

(Couldn't be arsed wading through the character assassinations after glancing at the first page of this thread so apologies if this is covered elsewhere - is the Scandanavian transfer window open? Might he have a club in Iceland or the like?)

There not much in the timing guys, he's been injured since Aberdeen away and wants to take time to recover properly.

He wouldn't have kicked a ball the rest of the season so why leave now not as he had made up his mind to leave.

He can't sign for another club until the Scottish transfer window opens in June, meanwhile it'll take time to recover from the injury and then to build his fitness back up - I'm with the conspiracy theory guys on this one.............

He can't sign for another club until the Scottish transfer window opens in June, meanwhile it'll take time to recover from the injury and then to build his fitness back up - I'm with the conspiracy theory guys on this one.............

Surely if his contract has ended (by mutual consent) he is a free agent able to negotiate with any club he wishes ?

Surely if his contract has ended (by mutual consent) he is a free agent able to negotiate with any club he wishes ?

Not as far as I'm aware, if you're in contact when the window ends that's you until the next one.

This is from wiki, admittedly not the most reliable source

Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window

June, that's a lifetime away... how will he cope?

June, that's a lifetime away... how will he cope?

Which adds the sum total of fuck all to the debate, besides which the Indian Super League doesn't appear to start till September so why the hurry?

Is September the best guess as to when McAusland will be fit?

It just seems a bit contrived to me.................

Edited by Bud the Baker

Only timing is strange. A liability in a good side, McGregor briefly made him look like a player after his dad getting him his old jbo back after failing at QoS reserves. Rumoured to be on an £80K basic ? Can't believe that.....the racecourse looks his likely destination now

Overpaid, whatever it was, and useless as a defender - but at least he was a Buddie, overpaid and useless shoe fits a lot of players right now..

Farewell Cheesy and Wedge that exit door open, be many more to follow

What a shite post.

Sometimes , better saying f*ck all.

Never going to make the pantheon of Saints legends but would have been fine if idiot managers hadn't tried to make him something he could never be.

He's a cup winner and some time captain in one of the most successful periods in our history and I wish him every success.

(Couldn't be arsed wading through the character assassinations after glancing at the first page of this thread so apologies if this is covered elsewhere - is the Scandanavian transfer window open? Might he have a club in Iceland or the like?)

He is a St Mirren Legend.

If your contract is up at the end of the season, I'm sure you're allowed to talk to other clubs, during the six months prior to your deal ending, if you inform your current club. i.e. negotiate a PCA if you like.

With McAusland now being out of contract, I'm sure he can negotiate a deal with whoever he likes.

Whether he's crap or not is beside the point. Why would he leave now when he cant be registered as a player elsewhere till July , think something serious is going down at the club . Time to hold on tight i think.

any chance he has been moved ahead of a big event of some sort,

Edited by beyond our ken

In my lifetime, every one of the 1987 Scottish Cup and 2013 League Cup winning teams are indeed legends. They are the ones who gave us open top buses, major trophy wins, lifetime memories, and shite stages in County Square where we could see the photographers but not the team.

Cheesy is therefore a legend and his place on our shitey stage is well deserved.

If your contract is up at the end of the season, I'm sure you're allowed to talk to other clubs, during the six months prior to your deal ending, if you inform your current club. i.e. negotiate a PCA if you like.

With McAusland now being out of contract, I'm sure he can negotiate a deal with whoever he likes.

Yeah, but he still can't play with anyone else till June and if he's off to the subcontinent then it all seems a bit premature.

Yeah, but he still can't play with anyone else till June and if he's off to the subcontinent then it all seems a bit premature.

Maybe he wants to go to see his prospective new club environs or maybe he's just had enough of a particularly shitty season.

Remember, our contract terminations usually involve us making payment to the players involved, if you believe the forum experts who seem to know everything about players/managers salaries and all other financial transactions, including ground sales.whistling.gif

Edited by FTOF

Maybe he wants to go to see his prospective new club environs or maybe he's just had enough of a particularly shitty season.

Remember, our contract terminations usually involve us making payment to the players involved, if you believe the forum experts who seem to know everything about players/managers salaries and all other financial transactions, including ground sales.whistling.gif

Yeh, he's walked away 4 weeks early with a £70k pay off. Not a bad deal. ...