Buddies On The Tranny

Five of us drove up with cheap bottles of fizzy wine ('champagne') to celebrate after the match. We drove out of Dundee spraying fizzy wine to passing cars as we leaned out the windows. Stopped at some pub in Perth for some Black and Tans then a singsong down the road. Was pretty tired at my work the next day :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Gardening leave means that you are still receiving payment from the source club.

It's not a matter of compensation, it's a consideration of how much Saints need to offer to recoup the deficit suffered by Billy Davies.

THAT's the worry...

It depends on when the gardening leave runs out and the length of the contract St Mirren are offering. If our new contract runs a year longer than his current gardening leave then that would be something for him to consider.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't worry Buddies Billy Davies is the next St Mirren manager betting suspended. Gordon Scott put a large sum on him which pays his wages for the next 20 years if need be.

Yeah cos the bookies allow you to put large sums on manager markets ....they just aren't that daft <_<

Gilmour only touting Gus as he knows GLS and Gus are good friends , he doesn't actually know any more than we do .

Gus would a divisive choice as it's clear there are some who want Gus back and others who don't want him anywhere near the place ..

If Davies is out with our budget then it's got to be Yogi Hughes , although I'm led to believe that it was Davies that approached us which would mean his "garden leave " isn't an issue ...

I agree, for once :whistle, with that EK dude , on Off The Ball earlier.

19th April 1977 was a fantastic Dens Park memory.

I was there and it was a never to be forgotten Saints moment in history.

And to finish it off , it was my birthday by the time I got home to Barrhead in the early hours of the 20th.

FERGIES FURIES :clapping

Your birthday is April 20th? Same as Hitler then.

30 minutes ago, gazmc83 said:

Gilmour only touting Gus as he knows GLS and Gus are good friends , he doesn't actually know any more than we do .

Gus would a divisive choice as it's clear there are some who want Gus back and others who don't want him anywhere near the place ..

If Davies is out with our budget then it's got to be Yogi Hughes , although I'm led to believe that it was Davies that approached us which would mean his "garden leave " isn't an issue ...

Well it is getting to that time of year that you can't do much in the garden. :rolleyes:

Alex Rae was back on Radio Clyde tonight gave him first few minutes to talk about Saints.

He said Saints were a great club with great staff behind the scenes doing 2 or 3 jobs.

He was disappointed he only got 6 games after last season's results.

He had looked on internet and statistically he had best win record of any Saints manager in 35 years.

He got on great with Stewart Gilmour so much so Stewart has been phoning him and arranging a golf game together.

He said straight away the relationship between him and Gordon Scott wasn't good but never elaborated any more info.