Buddies On The Tranny

17 minutes ago, shull said:

Pity the Saints sacked him. 

No the club did not sack him. Sacking means firing. His contract was up and it was not renewed as club felt it was time for change. Whether it was the right decision is for every Bud to decide but he was not sacked - as most fans understand the term.  Time to move on or Sir Alex will be brought up.

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

No the club did not sack him. Sacking means firing. His contract was up and it was not renewed as club felt it was time for change. Whether it was the right decision is for every Bud to decide but he was not sacked - as most fans understand the term.  Time to move on or Sir Alex will be brought up.

18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Poor fishing   

Not really, always one willing to bite. :lol:

3 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

He was sacked. Our maniac Board booted him tae  feck. 

And left us with... 

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

Don’t think I’ve met anyone who has said it was the right decision, also there was hardly any change after it behind scene, apart from the fact we nosedived to almost league 1. Still annoys me to this day. Fair enough if we done what we done after we let wee baldy go but to replace a cup winning manager with his assistant who was near retirement and his previous top job experience was a short spell in Belgium was laughable, could tell the board just gave up.

2 hours ago, mattman said:

Don’t think I’ve met anyone who has said it was the right decision, also there was hardly any change after it behind scene, apart from the fact we nosedived to almost league 1. Still annoys me to this day. Fair enough if we done what we done after we let wee baldy go but to replace a cup winning manager with his assistant who was near retirement and his previous top job experience was a short spell in Belgium was laughable, could tell the board just gave up.

We must move in different circles, I don’t know anyone that thought not renewing his contract was the wrong decision. 

However the wrong decision was who we replaced him with. Danny’s final season was unbelievably poor to watch. Everyone I know thought it was time for a change. 

1 hour ago, DumboBud said:

We must move in different circles, I don’t know anyone that thought not renewing his contract was the wrong decision. 

However the wrong decision was who we replaced him with. Danny’s final season was unbelievably poor to watch. Everyone I know thought it was time for a change. 

Clearly we also move in different circles. I would have renewed his contract and given him more support. 

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2020 at 5:19 PM, DumboBud said:

I was another whose circle you didn't move in on this forum. I said as soon as I heard, given the way we ended the season, the last five games, he deserved another go.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:18 PM, DumboBud said:

There is an awful lot of revisionism going on in many people’s minds here. 

I was always a DL fan- especially on here.

May I remind you of the “mythical next level” that we would be moving to, if Danny left?

shame that it involved relegation...  

edit: 

... as I said back in January.

(this short term memory thing isn’t getting any...  

what’s the word, again...? )

Edited by antrin