If We Were To Get New Managment

Hmm, yup, anybody frankly who can shape a team and motivate players would be a fine start.

How about a decent goalkeepr, a decent centre half and a forward, there's a spine for a basic team, someting we seem to have been missing for years.

Any chance of adding some pace on the flanks and a ball carrying midfielder please ?

Why the feck does football have to become so mind numbingly complicated ?

My work here is done.

Ian Murray has performed well on part time team in full time league and he's done it last 2 seasons

He' s been lucky Alloa and Cowdenbeath have been so gash! Jeez he's over fifty yes fifty points off the league leaders with two games left to play. His team have gone backwards since Jack Ross left, now theres a coincidence!

How does any of that come under the heading "Has Performed Well" ..?

Frankly I will be disappointed if Gary Teale gets the job.

I think he has had to work under very difficult circumstances since taking over and there was an iniial glimmer of hope that he could turn it around, however the team has actually ended up being even WORSE under him than it was under Tommy in my humble opinion.

I've no idea what's went on behind the scenes but the last two performances against Motherwell and County were absolutely unforgiveable.

I also struggle to remove Teale completely from blame for the state of the squad he inherited. He was part of the management team who recruited those players last summer and the players he brought in once he was the manager weren't much better.

I would rather see us break the chain and replace with someone who knows how to get out of that division. Terry Butcher ticks that box for me, Calderwood is another one who I'd be quite happy with.

Jimmy or Colin?

Both and why not ?

McCoist has the experience of coming through three lower divisions. Apart from that he knows players from each league which is vital for us given our budget for next season as we start a rebuilding programme.

As for Kenny McDowall Celtic did not want to let him go as their youth coach . Walter Smith is on record saying McDowall is one of the best coaches he has ever came across.

If we were interviewing for a new management team i personally think it would be silly not even to listen to what they have to say given their experience. I'm not judging them from what was their last club but what they can bring to the table from lower leagues experience.

Anyway have town other names into the mix , if I was to bet it would be Gary Teale who will be our manager

I would rather Teale stayed as manager rather than Ally McCoist or Kenny McDowall and I really want a new manager in!

Did you not see any of The Rangers games? Ally and Kenny are both clueless clowns and I for one would hate to see either of them as our manager. They couldn't win the championship between them with multi million pounds they would relegate us... NO THANKS!

It would certainly be positive progress if the club conducted an adequate, professional recruitment process. You know - applications, shortlisting, and interviews - that sort of thing.

Edited by Drew

I would rather Teale stayed as manager rather than Ally McCoist or Kenny McDowall and I really want a new manager in!

Did you not see any of The Rangers games? Ally and Kenny are both clueless clowns and I for one would hate to see either of them as our manager. They couldn't win the championship between them with multi million pounds they would relegate us... NO THANKS!

I doubt that.

The issue at Rangers with McCoist was that he believed in a "Rangers" way of playing football. He believed he had to play two up front and he had to go with a four man midfield. What happened was that their opposition would often pack the midfield to then counter that and as a result Rangers would resort to playing the long ball rather than passing through their outnumbered midfield. If McCoist was at another club I'm sure he would take a far more realistic viewpoint on tactics - perhaps far more akin to the way Walter Smith would have lined up a Scotland side rather than a Rangers one - and as a result he'd probably do far better than he did at Rangers.

As for McDowell I suspect that when he was put in charge of the Rangers first team he really didn't want the job and had already planned his exit in the same way McCoist had done. He's undoubtedly a decent coach, the jury is out on his ability to manage but then McDowell has said himself he's not interested in management.

As for the other names the problems with trying to appoint part time managers to the St Mirren job is that often it would involve them having to give up full time jobs. The way St Mirren are at the moment, and the way they've worked their way through managers, it's undoubtedly going to put off guys in reasonable secure positions since it's quite clear from Hendrie, McPherson and Lennons time at the club that winning promotion, and winning national cups still won't give you job security at Paisley.

Davies wouldn't inspire me as a choice either. His Motherwell side was made Billy Reids Hamilton Accies look enthralling and he woefully underachieved despite having a very large budget under John Boyle. Butcher would have to come with Malpas as Butcher on his own is just a f**king idiot - but the double act would probably make them one of the most expensive options out there.

Anyway just to throw another name in there - I see Stephen Kenny has got his Dundalk side off to yet another great start in the Irish Premier League. He's got a hell of a track record as well of getting sides in Ireland into Europe at the very least, and even at Dunfermline where he had an ill fated few years he took Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup Final where being runners up saw them qualify for the Euro Cup.

Peter Houston. We should've have gone for him a year ago. If we had I'm pretty sure we'd have dodged the drop.

It's the right option now on the basis of better late than never.

Do you think he'd leave Falkirk for us?

I totally agree we need a clear out from top to bottom. Reality is MONEY meaning the lack of it Kenny McLean proved that. Teale still has a year contract as a player. Is the board in a position to pay him off ? I very much doubt it that's why my money is on him as manager older Saints fans like myself who have been over the course more that a few times will know we are entering a phase of wilderness unless there is. Buyer for the club.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Gary Teale shouldn't even be considered for the job in my opinion.

Yes, he took over a pile of crap from TC, but he had a transfer window to try and do something about it and somehow has managed to get us performing even worse than Craig did.

There is no way anybody can say that TC served us up anything as bad as the Motherwell and County drubbings of recent weeks.

We were shite under TC, but Teale turned us into complete shite.

NO from me.

ETA... Butcher or Calderwood, as it should have been when TC went.

Actually! As it should have been when DL went.

Edited by Tony Fitzy