If We Were To Get New Managment

Who is jogger scotland? Would Jimmy live the job? You on the sweetheart stout again buddy?

S you want big Jimmy c? He is out of work for a reason bud..when you come back into the real world I will ask you again. Xx

Hopefully we get someone good in place pretty soon and get rid of all the shite, I would keep tess, Goodwin,Naismith. Build from that . Lots of good grounds to go to next season, however, if there is no massive clear out then f**k that.....

Calderwood probs has priced himself out of jobs

He has proved to be a decent manager and we need someone from the outside the club to sweep the place

He's also a wheeler dealer(Gilmour's own words) which we badly need given our shocking record the past 2 seasons

Who is jogger scotland? Would Jimmy live the job? You on the sweetheart stout again buddy?

S you want big Jimmy c? He is out of work for a reason bud..when you come back into the real world I will ask you again. Xx

Hopefully we get someone good in place pretty soon and get rid of all the shite, I would keep tess, Goodwin,Naismith. Build from that . Lots of good grounds to go to next season, however, if there is no massive clear out then f**k that.....

So you don't lke Billy Davies or Jimmy Calderwood? What sort of calibre of manager are you expecting?

Decided that I'm not going to moan about it all any more, there's no point, we're down. Time to plan for (and try to look forward to?) next season.

Get a proper manager in, get players in who give a sh*t, and get proper black and white stripes on the kit. smile.png If we fail to do any of these things, I shall resume moaning during the summer.

So you don't lke Billy Davies or Jimmy Calderwood? What sort of calibre of manager are you expecting?

Don't answer a question with a question, who would you like to be in charge???

I would love to know, give me a couple of names( realistic ones) the two you just mentioned are out of work for a reason buddy..

What sort of calibre manager am I looking for? Jimmy nicholl or a couple of others but you would probably just laugh if I told you. Xx

One thing not in any doubt is that we definitely need to rebuild. A strong experienced spine to the team would certainly help.

If Goodwin and Thommo can work together I would have them as the first two to keep. A centre half or midfielder of similar experience with the up and coming youngsters around them would be the way to go for me.

I think that GT has been on a hiding to nothing with the situation he inherited and whilst some may see him as culpable for part of the mess but Kenny McLean leaving in the fashion he did was the icing on the cake. Despite some initial progress McLean leaving was a disaster and severely hampered him. Does he deserve a crack at the Championship...depends on the day to day mood in the dressing room. Unless it is fantastic and we've just been unlucky I'd like to think the board would thank him for his efforts and quickly get the right man for the envisaged job (assuming there is a plan both business and playing) in place asap.

Being honest I failed to see the rationale for DL leaving but I know there were a fair few who wanted a change. Talk of pushing on for the top six seems very much like egg on plenty faces now. Time to look forward revamp the plans for the next few seasons...scraping survival will not be enough in the Championship. The manager for next season needs to have the full backing of everyone and I would like the board to come out and explain a three to five year plan to take us forward - even if GT still in charge. I know the BoD want away, but we are sorely lacking direction despite being in the most secure position we've been in for 20-30 years.

Edited by Bart Simpson

Don't answer a question with a question, who would you like to be in charge???

I would love to know, give me a couple of names( realistic ones) the two you just mentioned are out of work for a reason buddy..

What sort of calibre manager am I looking for? Jimmy nicholl or a couple of others but you would probably just laugh if I told you. Xx

Jimmy Nicholl the Cowdenbeath manager that gets beat 10-0? Stick to rough casting and laying bricks Loomo. :)

One thing not in any doubt is that we definitely need to rebuild. A strong experienced spine to the team would certainly help.

If Goodwin and Thommo can work together I would have them as the first two to keep. A centre half or midfielder of similar experience with the up and coming youngsters around them would be the way to go for me.

I think that GT has been on a hiding to nothing with the situation he inherited and whilst some may see him as culpable for part of the mess but Kenny McLean leaving in the fashion he did was the icing on the cake. Despite some initial progress McLean leaving was a disaster and severely hampered him. Does he deserve a crack at the Championship...depends on the day to day mood in the dressing room. Unless it is fantastic and we've just been unlucky I'd like to think the board would thank him for his efforts and quickly get the right man for the envisaged job (assuming there is a plan both business and playing) in place asap.

Being honest I failed to see the rationale for DL leaving but I know there were a fair few who wanted a change. Talk of pushing on for the top six seems very much like egg on plenty faces now. Time to look forward revamp the plans for the next few seasons...scraping survival will not be enough in the Championship. The manager for next season needs to have the full backing of everyone and I would like the board to come out and explain a three to five year plan to take us forward - even if GT still in charge. I know the BoD want away, but we are sorely lacking direction despite being in the most secure position we've been in for 20-30 years.

Goodwin can get tae. I'd almost put up with the liability factor if he didn't spend all game blaming everyone else, exposing them and effecting their game.

Calderwood might have been the answer in January as he'd have done some wheeling and dealing however I'm not sure he'd be the right man when you're approaching a season with a clean sheet of paper.

He seems to need money to operate well - he spent a fortune at Dunfermline and a fair bit at Aberdeen. He walked away from Killie because he wanted a bigger budget than they were offering - and it can't have been that bad as Mixu got them into the top six and laid the foundations for Shiels to repeat that and win the League Cup.

Also, he's hardly had a job since leaving County apart from some brief stints in Holland.

Calderwood might have been the answer in January as he'd have done some wheeling and dealing however I'm not sure he'd be the right man when you're approaching a season with a clean sheet of paper.

He seems to need money to operate well - he spent a fortune at Dunfermline and a fair bit at Aberdeen. He walked away from Killie because he wanted a bigger budget than they were offering - and it can't have been that bad as Mixu got them into the top six and laid the foundations for Shiels to repeat that and win the League Cup.

Also, he's hardly had a job since leaving County apart from some brief stints in Holland.

If you look around Scotland the guys doing anything with nothing are the likes of Aitken, Young, Murray, Weir and Fowler...oh and Gus...maybe Burchill. Not sure our fans would accept many, if any, of them. Looking around the recently sacked or merry go round names you have Johnston, Adams and John Robertson and again not sure they'd be accepted. You have the flights of fancy in Calderwood, Davies (f**k sake, seriously) and add the usual Billy Stark reference. Other names mentioned recently include Grant Murray, just sacked by Raith and if stories are true he has no plan B. There are no former Saints in the wings, there's also very few names from the 80's who you think "oh aye, he achieved...".

It's not an easy choice, needs time and to look at everything you can. I don't have the answer, but I know enough to know it's not Teale.

For what it's worth here's the odds on the next Raith manager - we'd probably be able to aim slightly higher but it's an indication of what's out there.

http://www.mcbookie.com/sports/en/football-specials/manager-specials/coupons/982100/126456098/598152300/0/0/PE/0/0/0/0/0

Just when we thought it was safe to stop worrying about Darren Young joining us........

Time for jimmy I think. Get a plan get him in early and let's have a right go don't waste time be like Anne budge and rebuild don't waste time like they did with tommy Craig don't do it on the cheap lets get him in and get the place lifted

Where are we going to find a Anne Budge with all her millions.

Where are we going to find a Anne Budge with all her millions.

We aren't. If they existed they'd have appeared at some point over the past five years. Even then, perhaps if they exist at all, they don't reckon on spending 1.5 - 2 million quid just to get a foot in the door.

As above, yes.

Change is needed though I am not too down in the dumps as the champoinship will bring much needed zest to the club next season.

Would agree with that 100% the club in stale from top to bottom. We desperately need a new manager in with new ideas who can motivate the players.

I'm quite looking forward to the championship next year. I've stopped enjoying going to the football this year hopefully a few wins next year will make it a bit more exciting

We could have a fight on our hands to make the top half of the Championship next season. There's a good chance that Hibs, Rangers, Queen of the South, Falkirk, Raith Rovers and even Morton and Dumbarton will all be well set up and we will need to be well organised and competitive to do well or even achieve mediocrity next season. A new manager, appointed from outside the club and willing to bring in 3 or 4 decent players aged 28-31 to replace Teale, Thompson and Goodwin as the senior pros is essential.

Hmm Billy Reid who was hounded out of Accies when they were in the bottom half of the second tier...? No thanks.

Every manager has a bad spell in his career. If you r ruling out managers who have had any tough spell then u can only appoint a complete novice.

Billy Reid's record at both Clyde and Hamilton over a number of years, in the league we will be in, is fairly decent.

Every manager has a bad spell in his career. If you r ruling out managers who have had any tough spell then u can only appoint a complete novice.

Billy Reid's record at both Clyde and Hamilton over a number of years, in the league we will be in, is fairly decent.

Well he only had one season at Clyde, then he took Accies up and then took them back down again.

It was clear he benefitted from Accies having two EPL standard youngster in McCarthy and McArthur at his disposal. When they left they went back down to where they were before his arrival. He left Hamilton in no better a state on the pitch when he took them over and virtually all the Accies fans wanted him out long before he went.

I think we could do far better than Reid.

I wasn't suggesting we would find an Anne budge but we must act decisively like she did when she binned Locke. We should be now planning and preparing to get back up. We don't have cash but we do have time now to clear the stinking place and rebuild a team. Or do we just slap a plaster on it and hope we don't go down again next year. Listen st.mirren will definitely need to act now if they are to have any chance

Well he only had one season at Clyde, then he took Accies up and then took them back down again.

It was clear he benefitted from Accies having two EPL standard youngster in McCarthy and McArthur at his disposal. When they left they went back down to where they were before his arrival. He left Hamilton in no better a state on the pitch when he took them over and virtually all the Accies fans wanted him out long before he went.

I think we could do far better than Reid.

Who then top cat? You say we have no cash so you tell me who will come and work for us? You need to get your belief back and start seeing saints as a club that can do good. Why shouldn't we compete with Hamilton, Inverness, county, Motherwell, Dundee, killie etc. saints need gutted and a new boss and new ideas. If we don't act now this month then god help us