If We Were To Get New Managment

Who then top cat? You say we have no cash so you tell me who will come and work for us? You need to get your belief back and start seeing saints as a club that can do good. Why shouldn't we compete with Hamilton, Inverness, county, Motherwell, Dundee, killie etc. saints need gutted and a new boss and new ideas. If we don't act now this month then god help us

No one will be coming to work for us, GT will be in the job next season & we all need to get behind him and the team from the off.

No one will be coming to work for us, GT will be in the job next season & we all need to get behind him and the team from the off.

I for one will be holding off on my season ticket renewal. If Teale gets the job I'll put my cash towards setting up as an agent.

Fans are eejits. I bet two years ago nobody would have suggest John Hughes, yet he's just been named the best gaffer in Scotland.

Everyone has a different opinion. My old man yesterday said it should Thommo. I say it should be Ian Murray or Jimmy Calderwood. CSX says it should be Bully Reid and Love Street wants it to be someone that you can stick 'zo' on the end.

As long as it's not Billy Reid.

The board have a very big decision over the coming weeks to announce who will be in charge for the next campaign. With early bird season tickets due to be announced they have to sell next seasons plans well to the fans as currently we are broken and needing fixed.

Imo the worst thing they could do is say that we are sticking with the status quo.

When you look at the potential opposition for next season, where do you think we will budget for on the scale of league finish? When you look at the potential of sevco, hibs etc, they would obviously have a bigger purse than us to spend.

The board have a very big decision over the coming weeks to announce who will be in charge for the next campaign. With early bird season tickets due to be announced they have to sell next seasons plans well to the fans as currently we are broken and needing fixed.

Imo the worst thing they could do is say that we are sticking with the status quo.

When you look at the potential opposition for next season, where do you think we will budget for on the scale of league finish? When you look at the potential of sevco, hibs etc, they would obviously have a bigger purse than us to spend.

Not disagreeing with you here but IMO both SEVCO and Hibs would both have banked on promotion this season. Failure of one or both to do so may have a major impact on their budget for next season.

Just my thoughts.

Not disagreeing with you here but IMO both SEVCO and Hibs would both have banked on promotion this season. Failure of one or both to do so may have a major impact on their budget for next season.

Just my thoughts.

I can see your point, though Hibs have already sold 5k season tickets for next season even though there is no certainty they will be in the premiership next season. Their average home crowds this season along with SEVCO's would suggest that they will have the backing to out punch other teams in the league for attracting the best available players at championship level.

I would hope that the board are currently weighing up options, speaking to agents, etc about the next manager.

I doubt it though.

Could they be holding out for who will be playing in the championship next season out of Motherwell, Hibs and/or SEVCO?

I will be buying a season ticket no matter what simply because I have an emotional tie to the club I love. Said some weeks ago I would not buy a season ticket but the dummy has been put back in my mouths St Mirren is bigger than anyone that's the bottom line for me.

Most fans are the same and will follow the club through thick and thin, no matter who's in charge next season.

Those who choose not to go because they don't agree with something or someone are very much a vocal minority.

I will always renew my season ticket but that doesn't mean the BOD can just take us for granted. If they don't get a new manager in then they obviously don't care and if they think that they got OTT criticism this season that will be nothing compared to next season.

Most fans are the same and will follow the club through thick and thin, no matter who's in charge next season.

Those who choose not to go because they don't agree with something or someone are very much a vocal minority.

You may be surprised TC. I have not witnessed such apathy in decades and think more than a few will vote with their feet/wallet if there is no change in club direction. Going to football is expensive and some fans may not have the same strong lifelong loyalty that old farts like me have. Season ticket sales will give a clearer picture of the level of apathy with fans.

I am now quite frankly shocked that the Board are farting about not appointing a new management team as everyone knows the present manager is virtually clueless and lacking in experience and motivational skills whilst most of the playing squad are useless.Time is of the essence to get a new manager in place in order to get rid of the deadwood and hopefully identify signing targets.

You may be surprised TC. I have not witnessed such apathy in decades and think more than a few will vote with their feet/wallet if there is no change in club direction. Going to football is expensive and some fans may not have the same strong lifelong loyalty that old farts like me have. Season ticket sales will give a clearer picture of the level of apathy with fans.

Well, I've already dropped two games recently because of the quality of the play and the lack of urgency generally at the club. I've not been a season ticket holder for donkey's years, but I try to get to as many games as I can. Now, I'll only go if there's something special to attract me.

I expect season ticket numbers to drop, but there's no way more than 50% of current season ticket holders won't renew.

Indeed if we do have a good season and end up in the playoffs or challenging for the title I'd expect we will have home gates of over 5000 for the run in again, and we haven't seen home crowds like that in Paisley for a long time. I guess we will get a crowd of over 5000 for the first ever competitive Renfrewshire derby at our new stadium too.

If we even have a half decent season I think our average gates will go up next year.

I expect season ticket numbers to drop, but there's no way more than 50% of current season ticket holders won't renew.

Indeed if we do have a good season and end up in the playoffs or challenging for the title I'd expect we will have home gates of over 5000 for the run in again, and we haven't seen home crowds like that in Paisley for a long time. I guess we will get a crowd of over 5000 for the first ever competitive Renfrewshire derby at our new stadium too.

If we even have a half decent season I think our average gates will go up next year.

Yeah too true! I also think Scottish Labour will hold on to all their seats.

Ray McKinnon at Brechin..?

Performing better on a smaller budget than that dud at Dudbarton... Just sayin like.

As previously mentioned James Fowler QOS would be a good shout if he's prepared to drop a division next season (ouch!... Shut Up!)

McKinnon was one I've missed off my posts. But, is play-off places in League One really doing better than keeping a team in the Championship? Dumbarton and Brechin are both around the same level of club.

f**k, this isn't worth a new thread, but I'd just love to know what our strategy is.

How does the board intend to handle our impending relegation?

What qualities will they be looking for (and ignoring) in our new manager? (see: 'we want a wheeler-dealer').

What is our general direction as a football club?

Would they care to put a target on how it will take for us to return?

There are some big ol' teams in the Championship next season: what's our strategy to stay competitive?

Does the club remain up for sale next season? Has the value therefore been readjusted?

I'm going to renew my season tickets for me and my son but I would guess that most fans will be concerned that we either name Teale as manager or get a new experienced man in as soon as possible. Others clubs including the likes of Morton are already identifying new targets to sign for next season. So why are we pissing about delaying making a decision while other teams start re-building, have we not learned from our mistakes of this disastrous season.

Get it done now and start preparing for next seasons championship to give us the best possible chance.