Iain Nicholson

Sorry to hear that.

The crosses from Nicolson & Ian Ross back in 99/00 contributed to so many goals in possibly my favourite ever season watching Saints.

His equaliser at Dunfermline also provided a moment of sheer magic.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

I echo this. Great goal at a crucial time in the season. Hope he makes a full recovery.

I echo this. Great goal at a crucial time in the season. Hope he makes a full recovery.

If I remember correctly, it was from an Ian Ross cross as well! Nipped in at the back post.

Complete and utter ecstasy.

My celebrations at that goal were on a par with McKnight's at home to Falkirk and away to Ayr and Junior's at Kirkcaldy.

What a season.

As shull says, Iain Nicolson was a legend of that season. I have always been surprised that he didn't end up spending more of his career in the top flight. Seems to be a case of potential not being fulfilled.

Always a quality player IMO.

If I remember correctly, it was from an Ian Ross cross as well! Nipped in at the back post.

Complete and utter ecstasy.

My celebrations at that goal were on a par with McKnight's at home to Falkirk and away to Ayr and Junior's at Kirkcaldy.

Always a quality player IMO.

Remember it well, too. Pretty sure we were reduced to 10 men quite early on (Turner?), and could have been 2 or 3 behind when that goal came against the run of play.

Hope he gets well soon. He was one of my favourites in that 1999 / 2000 squad and had an outstanding campaign.

If you watch the Bubble Didnae Burst video again you'll see that he was involved in a ridiculously high percentage of the goals we scored that season.

When did he leave us and what other clubs did he play for. Seen to recall he was on the books of some deid govan team before signing for us.

He joined us from Partick.

Was he not frozen out somewhat bizarrely at the end by Hendrie who was insistent on playing Baltacha at right back?

When did he leave us and what other clubs did he play for. Seen to recall he was on the books of some deid govan team before signing for us.

Started with Dead Club FC, then to Partick Thistle then to us. Think he left us in 2002 and joined Ayr and then Alloa (or was it the other way around?)

He joined us from Partick.

Was he not frozen out somewhat bizarrely at the end by Hendrie who was insistent on playing Baltacha at right back?

His days were numbered after he got sent off during the winter break trip to Spain in our season in the SPL. After that there were a serious of dubious "injuries" as Hendrie took the huff with him. Fenton and McKenzie also got goes ahead of him but the constant selection of Baltacha wrecked his confidence as everyone apart from Hendrie could see he wasn't able to play there.

Nicolson was great for us and his crossing during the title season was fantastic. As a silly teenager I once posted on the old guestbook he was out the team for turning up to training drunk and got an e-mail from him stating this was categorically not the case. Oops...