Iain Nicholson

We were great that year and I was convinced we'd rock straight into the top half of the top flight.

Instead we became the first team in ages to go straight back down :lol:

That's because Hendrie had been reading too much of his own press that summer. The first line up (at home to Killie, I think) set the tone for the season with Yardley and Paselack played as wide men in a front three. We never replaced Junior's pace until McPhee arrived but it was too late by then.

Incidentally that team won three and drew two of their split games and still went down (thanks Main, you absolute c**t). Similar heartbreak likely on the way.

That's because Hendrie had been reading too much of his own press that summer. The first line up (at home to Killie, I think) set the tone for the season with Yardley and Paselack played as wide men in a front three. We never replaced Junior's pace until McPhee arrived but it was too late by then.

Incidentally that team won three and drew two of their split games and still went down (thanks Main, you absolute c**t). Similar heartbreak likely on the way.

I dunno its harsh to blame Hendrie, look at the money teams were throwing about back then. United spent a fortune in the January window to stay up, they are still paying for it now.

He gave it his best shot, we went all out attack for the whole season, don't think he knew how to set the team up any other way .It was fantastic to watch but the outcome was indeed heartbreaking. This is a different heartbreak, this season has been self inflicted on so many levels.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

His comeback continues,started for Renfrew today.

A straight red brought his comeback to a sudden halt!!!

While leaving the pitch, a confused 'frew committee member asked what the red card was for as there was no apparent incident - with a slight smirk he said that he had told the ref what he thought of him!