A Great Day In Our History

I love that team. (I think my avatar was stolen from you FS, sorry!)

Even now when I see someone from that team out and about I get all nervous. I saw Ludovic Roy in B&Q last week and got all emotional.

And that season proves yet again that there is a direct correlation between the quality of strips and performance on the field.

Here we go again !

I can't watch that without getting a tear in my eye. Bets season following St Mirren. Home and away every week we were entertained. That scene when the ball hits the net at Ayr and the massive St Mirren crowd jumping up in joy gets me every time. What a day that was

My favourite season following Saints bar none. Loads of goals, last minute winners, getting revenge for previous gubbings and getting it up everyone who constantly wrote us off.

As a teenager who had only really seen us in first division mid table obscurity with the odd battle for promotion/avoiding the drop thrown in for good measure it was incredible and I can't believe it's now almost half my lifetime ago.

Basher - one of my favourite Saints players ever - coming back and thumping in the goals with Yardley. Rattling the goals past Raith Rovers and Airdrie early on to be top scorers in Europe (supposedly). The fantastic win over Dunfermline. Turning over Morton at Cappielow. Surviving our wobble around the turn of the year while Ludo was out. Following that day at Stark's Park on Soccer Saturday. The 8-0 win over Clydebank then the goalless draw two weeks later. The fantastic counter attack and McKnight's winner against Falkirk in a game we should probably have lost. Coming back from a holiday in the Highlands to go straight to Ayr and McKnight's winner that everyone thought had won us the league (my personal moment of the season and in my top five Saints memories). The second half against Raith and the celebrations that followed.

There won't be another season like it.

My favourite season following Saints bar none. Loads of goals, last minute winners, getting revenge for previous gubbings and getting it up everyone who constantly wrote us off.

As a teenager who had only really seen us in first division mid table obscurity with the odd battle for promotion/avoiding the drop thrown in for good measure it was incredible and I can't believe it's now almost half my lifetime ago.

Basher - one of my favourite Saints players ever - coming back and thumping in the goals with Yardley. Rattling the goals past Raith Rovers and Airdrie early on to be top scorers in Europe (supposedly). The fantastic win over Dunfermline. Turning over Morton at Cappielow. Surviving our wobble around the turn of the year while Ludo was out. Following that day at Stark's Park on Soccer Saturday. The 8-0 win over Clydebank then the goalless draw two weeks later. The fantastic counter attack and McKnight's winner against Falkirk in a game we should probably have lost. Coming back from a holiday in the Highlands to go straight to Ayr and McKnight's winner that everyone thought had won us the league (my personal moment of the season and in my top five Saints memories). The second half against Raith and the celebrations that followed.

There won't be another season like it.

Well apart from 2015-16 hopefully but agreed a hard act to follow

That was the best season ever. Away to Ayr and scoring so late in injury time was just superb and the celebrations were amazing. That whole summer was brilliant too, i remember being in Tenerife and singing St Mirren songs at 5 in the morning walking home from a night of clubbing biggrin.png, the party lasted that whole summer. I hope we see days like that again.

Brilliant entertainment that season. The team played superb football. Paisley Panda was actually worth watching. Phil the DJ dared to be edgy. And my season ticket seat was just to the left of Hendries dug out. He was superb entertainment between blasting the ball over the bar pre match to winding up opposition coaches to breaking point. I'm not sure I'd rate the team as better than Clunies side of the 80s but it was a good time to be a Buddie

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I love that team. (I think my avatar was stolen from you FS, sorry!)

Nae bother Bud, work away !

I snuck my camera, a zoom lens and a few rolls of 35mm film in with me that day. Up until January of that season I'd still been working for STV before shifting to the Beeb. Every Football First highlights package of our season had been filmed by me up until leaving, so I was determined to get some decent photos of the big day come April 29th. Was sat in the main stand with a mate, ready to pounce if the result went our way, which of course it did. So I legged it down to the main entrance, produced my now expired STV ID card and told the steward I had to urgently collect the tapes from the STV Cameraman to take to Cowcaddens for the six pm news ! He let me in unabated, just before the final whistle blew, so I whipped out the camera, an old press bib I had stashed in a pocket and assumd the role of 'fitba snapper' ! A lot of those photos are in the hastily chucked together video I made there ! What a day that was, running round the park with the team, taking photos and shaking hands with the players, Aaaaahhhhh !!!!

Wrecked last game in Inverness oooft!

Inverness was brilliant .

Only time I've ever seen us play there.

Lost 5-0.

Fantastic occasion.

On the pitch at the end to hear Hendrie's speech. thumbup2.gif

Inverness was brilliant .

Only time I've ever seen us play there.

Lost 5-0.

Fantastic occasion.

On the pitch at the end to hear Hendrie's speech. thumbup2.gif

Inverness was brilliant, a crowd of us stayed overnight and had a great night in Johnny Foxes boozer which was heaving wae buddies, singing saints songs all night.

Hopefully club can rebuild and we can do something similar again in the not too distant future.