St Mirren In The Petrofac Training Cup 2015/16

If we have to play the Bigots, I would rather it was the Semi Final.

Not wanting our showpiece Final ruined by moronic sectarianism.

Better if Livvy beat them and I would be delighted with a Semi Final against Wee Baldy's Team at Hampden.

If we have to play the Bigots, I would rather it was the Semi Final.

Not wanting our showpiece Final ruined by moronic sectarianism.

Better if Livvy beat them and I would be delighted with a Semi Final against Wee Baldy's Team at Hampden.

Petrofac Training Cup 'showpiece final'... I need a change of underwear, just accidentally soiled the ones I'm wearing.

Anyone know if the semi is played at a neutral venue

Yes I know.

It's not.

The draw will dictate who is home and away.

St Mirren

Peterhead

Queens Park

Newcunto or Livi

There's your semi finalists. We will be home or away to one of them in the next round.

I have never heard anything so ridiculous.

Winning the Cup and Open Top Bus for me.

Hope Livvy stuff them.

You're having a laugh? We've won this cup before and there was no open top bus and the financial gain will hopefully mean a couple of new players. I don't care about this cup but i'd like St Mirren to benefit financially from it.

Edited by dr rotund

You're having a laugh? We've won this cup before and there was no open top bus and the financial gain will hopefully mean a couple of new players. I don't care about this cup but i'd like St Mirren to benefit financially from it.

We had a joint open top Bus celebration.

League and Challenge Cup

It was marvellous.

Anyway, the Final is in April, so no time to spend the money.

Stuff the irrelevant dough.

Glory please.

You're having a laugh? We've won this cup before and there was no open top taxi and the financial gain will hopefully mean a couple of new players. I don't care about this cup but i'd like St Mirren to benefit financially from it.

Shull's taken care of that.

There's a simple reason there's no open top bus parade for the Petrofac Training Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup... It's an almost meaningless cup that the 12 best teams in Scotland don't even participate in. The league championship, the Scottish Cup, the League Cup - there's yer' treble. There's what's important.

I am not such a Billy Big Baws St Mirren fan that I think we should be challenging Celtic for the title, and should be in major cup finals all the time, but I absolutely believe that we should be an established Scottish top flight side, who are comfortable in the top flight without merely surviving by the skin of our pants each season (or indeed surviving by Gretna and a Hearts 15 point penalty).

We spunked away our top flight status by our own idiocy and inability to address the glaring deficiencies in our unbalanced squad, season after season. It breaks my heart to look up and see Hamilton, ICT, Dundee, Partick, Kilmarnock... We fcuking shot ourselves in the foot (and the baws). We shouldn't even be in the fcuking Petrofac Training Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup. I loathe the competition with a vengeance.

He hinted. With feeling.

There's a simple reason there's no open top bus parade for the Petrofac Training Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup... It's an almost meaningless cup that the 12 best teams in Scotland don't even participate in. The league championship, the Scottish Cup, the League Cup - there's yer' treble. There's what's important.

I am not such a Billy Big Baws St Mirren fan that I think we should be challenging Celtic for the title, and should be in major cup finals all the time, but I absolutely believe that we should be an established Scottish top flight side, who are comfortable in the top flight without merely surviving by the skin of our pants each season (or indeed surviving by Gretna and a Hearts 15 point penalty).

We spunked away our top flight status by our own idiocy and inability to address the glaring deficiencies in our unbalanced squad, season after season. It breaks my heart to look up and see Hamilton, ICT, Dundee, Partick, Kilmarnock... We fcuking shot ourselves in the foot (and the baws). We shouldn't even be in the fcuking Petrofac Training Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup. I loathe the competition with a vengeance.

He hinted. With feeling.

Yesterday was a break from the pressures of the league. The players played with a bit more freedom and it showed (regardless of the standard of the opposition). We secured a good result off the back of a very assured performance. This should enhance confidence levels, and the coaches and players will hopefully capitalise on that.

For the above reason alone, playing in this diddy cup could prove to be a more than worthwhile exercise. Add to that the fact that I've enjoyed my weekend more having taken in a good performance by my team, and I have no issue with this competition. Crumbs? Maybe so, but when times are tough, it can be important to savour the positive moments.

The good thing about this cup is that it's been a welcome distraction from our piss poor league form. If yesterday's win builds up the confidence of the players and leads to us going on a winning run then it will have been very useful. I can't get too excited about winning this cup but if it proves to be the catalyst for us moving up the table then it can't be a bad thing.