Vote To Help St Mirren’S Disabled Supporters

Totaly agree. That the club should be paying for this. They can pay off the likes of Mair , imrie , marwood. Djemba djemba to nane a few and they can't stump up 25k.

Of course they can't stump up 25k. They wouldn't stump up the printing costs for the Final Chapter book either. Allowed us to crack on - fair enough, but firmly told us they wanted hee-haw to do with incurring any cost. The fact it was pretty much guaranteed to show a profit and no costs would be incurred didn't register. As long as they didn't need to do anything or risk being a penny out of pocket. AWP took all the risk - straight on the chin, no wavering. Stumped up the printing costs single handedly.

There isn't a single thing about St Mirren right now that would make me feel good about supporting the club again.

That's a shame. We'd all just love to see you back too......

Well done to all involved in this. Businesses all over the UK regularly get help and funding to enhance the lives of disabled people. This is absolutely no different. My votes are in.

I see Ayr are after some funding as well. These dastardly clubs will do anything avoid their own responsibilities and take money that Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................................

Scottish Fans@ScottishFans12 mins12 minutes ago

Help support @AyrUnitedFC's Football Academy with their campaign to deliver more classes to local nursery schools https://community-fund.aviva.co.uk/voting/project/view/1358?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I think the club scored a massive own goal when signing off the blueprints of the stadium for the disabled area as it currently is.

There should have been, at the very least been an area erected at the top of the stand. I sit three rows from the front, and when the weather is horrendous, the front rows are an area you would ideally want to avoid, though at the moment this is unfortuantely the own area designated for wheelchair access.

I think its great that something may now be done.

There isn't a single thing about St Mirren right now that would make me feel good about supporting the club again.

Please, feel free to f**k off then. Not one single person will miss you.

Added my ten votes to the page, BTW. I just hope I manage to sleep tonight.

Edited by Magic Monkey

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about how you view me, but your attempt at justifying a £25000 cash grab for funding meant for community charities, to improve the business premises of a company with a £multi million annual turnover, certainly leaves me to think your morality is more than a bit skewed.

Your post also proves that you didn't comprehend the fact that I had said that wheelchair users should be legally entitled to similar facilities as able bodied people and that the company should pay for those improvements.

The idea that St Mirren look to charity funding for this whilst regularly paying off the contracts of players and managers is utterly ridiculous.

Firstly the money is being requested by the supporters for their own benefit. The club is not requesting the funds.

Secondly it is hardly a cash grab when they are competing with over 3200 organisations to get £25,000 of tax deductible money from an organisation that made £1billion profit last year.

The club meets its legal requirements with regards the accessibility for disabled supporters. Its just that they obviously never considered any worth to meet those requirements nor do they have a desire to rectify the deficiency. (that is a separate issue that the club should be requested to answer) It is obvious and rather unfortunate that if the wheelchair bound supporters want to improve their own experience at the club then they have to do it themselves.

Rather than have some morals and common decency and support their cause or write to the club on their behalf to register your disgust, you would rather come on her and tell everyone else that they are not a worthy cause and that you would rather donate the money to another charity.

Well done to the group of fans for taking the initiative. They have my vote and good luck to them.

Firstly the money is being requested by the supporters for their own benefit. The club is not requesting the funds.

Secondly it is hardly a cash grab when they are competing with over 3200 organisations to get £25,000 of tax deductible money from an organisation that made £1billion profit last year.

The club meets its legal requirements with regards the accessibility for disabled supporters. Its just that they obviously never considered any worth to meet those requirements nor do they have a desire to rectify the deficiency. (that is a separate issue that the club should be requested to answer) It is obvious and rather unfortunate that if the wheelchair bound supporters want to improve their own experience at the club then they have to do it themselves.

Rather than have some morals and common decency and support their cause or write to the club on their behalf to register your disgust, you would rather come on her and tell everyone else that they are not a worthy cause and that you would rather donate the money to another charity.

Well done to the group of fans for taking the initiative. They have my vote and good luck to them.

You are wrong - either that or you are lying. The application was submitted and the appeal launched by St Mirren Community Trust. Nothing to do with the disabled supporters at all, and absolutely everything to do with the club

post-306-0-77297600-1430938538_thumb.png

Edited by Stuart Dickson

We have been watching the comments from Stuart Dickson and hav'nt really got involved in the debate but when someone states something which is totally inaccurate we believe the correct information should be provided.

Therefore please be advised the catalyst for the funding appeal for disabled supporters came from the St.Mirren Disabled Supporters Association seeking assistance to provide a better match day experience from both the weather and the view.If you watch the supporting video it is Iain Lawrie the Secretary of the Disabled Supporters Association who with his wife Janice, a wheelchair user herself states the need for the improvements and funding.

The funding appeal is available for any charity and Alan Wardrop of The St.Mirren Charity , St.Mirren FC Community Trust prepared and submitted the application on behalf of the trust .Alan is also Chairman of The St.Mirren Fans Council.

The club are fully supportive and have helped promote the appeal.For the avoidance of doubt this is a supporters initiative supported by a community charity and not a club initiative.

The St.Mirren Fans Council and the 2,500 votes clearly demonstrate the support for this appeal to date.

We have been watching the comments from Stuart Dickson and hav'nt really got involved in the debate but when someone states something which is totally inaccurate we believe the correct information should be provided.

Therefore please be advised the catalyst for the funding appeal for disabled supporters came from the St.Mirren Disabled Supporters Association seeking assistance to provide a better match day experience from both the weather and the view.If you watch the supporting video it is Iain Lawrie the Secretary of the Disabled Supporters Association who with his wife Janice, a wheelchair user herself states the need for the improvements and funding.

The funding appeal is available for any charity and Alan Wardrop of The St.Mirren Charity , St.Mirren FC Community Trust prepared and submitted the application on behalf of the trust .Alan is also Chairman of The St.Mirren Fans Council.

The club are fully supportive and have helped promote the appeal.For the avoidance of doubt this is a supporters initiative supported by a community charity and not a club initiative.

The St.Mirren Fans Council and the 2,500 votes clearly demonstrate the support for this appeal to date.

I wonder if you can provide any feedback to this question... If the club are fully supportive of the appeal, and have helped promote the appeal, I assume it is therefore correct to say that the club realise the disabled viewing situation is in urgent need of improvement.

Given that the club sanctioned the current inadequate disabled viewing situation by signing off on the Barr stadium design a mere five or so years ago, do the club have plans to supplement any possible winning bid by providing additional funding of their own to help rectify a clear design fault in a modern 'state of the art' stadium?

Totally wrong? Really?

It's the clubs Community Trust that submitted the application with the full endorsement of he Ltd company who failed to provide adequate facilities in the first place and no wonder - because as a potential enhancement to the facility it also has the potential to increase the value of their shareholding allowing personal profit having abused funds that are supposed to be used for worthwhile funding for charitable projects. Any money that comes in from this will be used for what in effect is a home improvement at a private residence belonging to someone who gets paid in excess of £2,000,000 per annum. It's the equivalent of me appealing for a community grant so that I can buy a new dining room table for all my Mum's deaf friends to enjoy.

The clubs wheelchair using fans do deserve a choice of views in the stadium but instead of stealing out of the mouths of clearly more deserving charities, the Fans Council should have represented the Disabled group in demanding that the club pay for the facility.

The way this has been done is immoral and the attempt to justify it stinks IMO