Stevie Mallan Goal Of The Season

He's going to be an even better player than McGinn and McLean. He will be the player we get £500 k plus

Shouldn't that be the player we SHOULD get 500K for, only to move him on for a greatly reduced fee when the books and/or cashflow need balancing????

Can I just say thanks to everyone for there kind words abt Stephen,just wanted to say the weeman did the club proud last night when he received his reward,anyone who has had the opportunity to talk to him will know what the club means to him,he also has so much respect for everyone connected with the club,especially his assistant dad in David longwell who has been the major influence in his development over these eh 14yrs,God am old. Again thanks steve snr.

His breakthrough into the team, and that incredible goal, has probably been the bright spot in a season otherwise without merit.

The Championship will not be an easy league, but it's one in which a young player can learn an awful lot, and I hope we can put a squad around him that'll help him continue to develop properly.

Can I just say thanks to everyone for there kind words abt Stephen,just wanted to say the weeman did the club proud last night when he received his reward,anyone who has had the opportunity to talk to him will know what the club means to him,he also has so much respect for everyone connected with the club,especially his assistant dad in David longwell who has been the major influence in his development over these eh 14yrs,God am old. Again thanks steve snr.

God, be careful saying positive things about David Longwell on here. Some people will take the huff, big time.

God, be careful saying positive things about David Longwell on here. Some people will take the huff, big time.

Steve snr has made me feel proud of St Mirren for the first time in a while. Good news stories like this should be coming from St Mirren direct and often.

I feel sorry for him that he's been thrown in during such a piss poor season (and making his debut in the shambles at Hamilton must've been especially hard), but it's to his great credit that he's kept playing and has shown enough signs of real quality with his passing, crossing and shooting. The goal was something else, one of the few highlights and positive memories of this season. I felt he took a wee dip after his initial 10 games or so, and like a lot of young players would have benefitted from being taken out of the firing line for a while, but he's kept plugging away and will definitely be a very important player for us next season.

Geniune wonder goal and certainly not a fluke, I expect to see more goals of that calibre from him in the future (hopefully for saints). He's been unlucky not score more goals this season, his free kick that struck the bar in the win against killie would have been another belter if it went in.

• 5 years later...
On 5/3/2015 at 8:07 PM, billymehmet1 said:

The wee man has just won Pfa goal of the season. Deserved winner and I was very lucky to have witnessed the goal in the flesh. Amazing goal and def the best saints goal I've ever seen

And what a goal it was.