Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 9/5/15

shull

Radio reported that Dayton gave Wylde a mouthful for refusing to chase an overhit pass that was reachable.

Interestingly, Wylde was replaced by Brown shortly afterwards!

I have watched a lot of football over the years and Wylde must rank as one of the poorest footballers I have ever had the misfortune to have to watch - one trick very lazy pony, time for the glue factory!

Both Wylde and Gow should be nowhere near a St Mirren jersey ......... to be honest that's what worries me about Gary Teale, played both today and has also kept faith with Arquin huh.png

I strongly suspect that he played them today because of the way that the side is set up and was expecting a physical game where the ball would spend a long time up in the air and for the reason chose to leave the younger players on the bench and introduce them late on.

Next season will see a completely different squad, probably a lot younger, with the team set up very differently I suspect.

Edited by Ditto

Both Wylde and Gow should be nowhere near a St Mirren jersey ......... to be honest that's what worries me about Gary Teale, played both today and has also kept faith with Arquin huh.png

They will defintely not be at St Mirren next season, they are out of contract and no way will they get a new deal.

The commentator at the Queens park game said he had been talking to GM before the game who said that he would be interested in the St.Mirren job if it became available in the summer !! blink.png

He said it on air in a pre match interview.

He said it on air in a pre match interview.

Disgraceful that GM would pitch for the job when another prof colleague is in the job, disgusting no matter what the circumstances.

Edited by Ditto

Disgraceful that GM would pitch for the job when another prof colleague is in the job, disgusting no matter what the circumstances.

Wind in the hyperbole FFS.

Gary Teale was given the manager's job until the end of this season. Irrespective of the challenges he has undoubtedly faced into his team have been largely pish throughout his tenure and have ultimately been relegated so the position should be vacant shortly.

Gus didn't initiate that conversation and is well within his rights to answer that he'd be interested in the position if the opportunity arose.

What's all this professional colleague guff? There's a couple of guys in my work have jobs that I wouldn't mind if they came up. I wouldn't go after them whilst they were still in the role but if someone asked me..........

Just watched the highlights. Really woeful defending to allow County to many free headers. Great to get the win but there is no point ignoring the fact there was a huge slice of luck at play.

I hope the BOD don't use this and the Killie results as an excuse to take the easy option again, we still need an experienced manager to lead the team and serious surgery to be carried out on the squad. Again from the highlights a new goalkeeper and central defence is a must.

Some great blocks from Naismith there. Good to see Mallan on the scoresheet again, even though it was a lucky deflection if you don't shoot you don't score! Mallan seems more willing to have a go than most others.

Wind in the hyperbole FFS.

Gary Teale was given the manager's job until the end of this season. Irrespective of the challenges he has undoubtedly faced into his team have been largely pish throughout his tenure and have ultimately been relegated so the position should be vacant shortly.

Gus didn't initiate that conversation and is well within his rights to answer that he'd be interested in the position if the opportunity arose.

What's all this professional colleague guff? There's a couple of guys in my work have jobs that I wouldn't mind if they came up. I wouldn't go after them whilst they were still in the role but if someone asked me..........

"Gus didn't initiate that conversation and is well within his rights to answer that he'd be interested in the position if the opportunity arose".

I understand that now but at the time of writing my original post that was not clear so all sorted now, just thankful I work with more professional people in my line of work! :-)

Just watched the highlights. Really woeful defending to allow County to many free headers. Great to get the win but there is no point ignoring the fact there was a huge slice of luck at play.

I hope the BOD don't use this and the Killie results as an excuse to take the easy option again, we still need an experienced manager to lead the team and serious surgery to be carried out on the squad. Again from the highlights a new goalkeeper and central defence is a must.

Some great blocks from Naismith there. Good to see Mallan on the scoresheet again, even though it was a lucky deflection if you don't shoot you don't score! Mallan seems more willing to have a go than most others.

Thought the back four were terrific yesterday, have to question how they seemed to stroll through the middle of midfield at times though.

Agree re Mallan, but he has to realise he is not in the school playground playing football now, there are time also when he shoots from ridiculous distances and angles when laying the ball off or playing a team mate in is clearly the obvious and better option.

Its the same with McGinn when he plays, if he just won the ball and laid it off short he would be a terrific player, but he doesn't and instead will win the ball and then either go head down on a mazy run and gets tackled or tries to hit a 60 yard glory ball that gets picked off by the opposition - if I was coaching that team I would be working with them all on individual areas that they can each improve their game.

Naismith & Tesseller - makes themselves available early to Ridgers when play breaks down and receive the ball and then relax and hit the feet of the front runners and or play it inside to the feet of Mallan instead of hitting long hopeful balls that the oppo pick off so easily.

Edited by Ditto

Thought the back four were terrific yesterday, have to question how they seemed to stroll through the middle of midfield at times though.

Agree re Mallan, but he has to realise he is not in the school playground playing football now, there are time also when he shoots from ridiculous distances and angles when laying the ball off or playing a team mate in is clearly the obvious and better option.

Its the same with McGinn when he plays, if he just won the ball and laid it off short he would be a terrific player, but he doesn't and instead will win the ball and then either go head down on a mazy run and gets tackled or tries to hit a 60 yard glory ball that gets picked off by the opposition - if I was coaching that team I would be working with them all on individual areas that they can each improve their game.

Naismith & Tesseller - makes themselves available early to Ridgers when play breaks down and receive the ball and then relax and hit the feet of the front runners and or play it inside to the feet of Mallan instead of hitting long hopeful balls that the oppo pick off so easily.

Yeah , he should lay the ball off to his colleagues who have been so prolific this season ! 1eye.gif