Play Offs. Who Else Do We Want?

I don't want The New Club from Govan in our league so I hope they win the playoffs and Well go down.

At the other end... Brechin, Stranraer, Alloa or Forfar... All part time teams who won't bring much of a support to Paisley so not too bothered. Will plump for Forfar for the bridies.

Who do we want in the championship with us next year? I would like to see well join us with Queens going up with Alloa being the other team due to the Danny connection.

Agree with Queens and Alloa. Killy joining us as well

The Championship next season will comprise: St Mirren Motherwell Hibernian Falkirk Morton Livingston Raith Rovers Queen of the South Dumbarton and Alloa.Mr Gilmour can you now put a decent Management Team in place in order that we can now plan ahead.

if mr Gilmour plans the same as this season then I predict mid table finish in this league,which the board would probably claim is progress

I want Queens to go up - they deserve it, we struggle there, they will bring two fans and a dug' to our place, and Dumfries is a fair old distance from Paisley, never mind Cumbernauld. If Queens go up, it also means the Sevco haven't. Which brings me to....

The Sevco. I don't want them to go up. Going up aids their chances of survival, of selling 50,000 STs, with associated increases in their revenue across the board, and aids their 'return to their rightful place at the top of Scottish football'. Staying down fcuks them big time, and anything that fcuks that mob up is good news. Cuts will simply have to be made at that midden. From a footballing perspective, they are no more difficult opponents than Queens. From a financial perspective, they are better for us than Queens. I would also like a shot at humping them while they are pish, and making cutbacks.

Hibs. I don't want them to go up. Good travelling support again at our place, a good away venue and a day out in Embra'.

Ross County. Don't want them to come down. See Queens: two men and a dug visiting our place, and a bugger of an away trip.

Motherwell. I want them to come down. Again, decent visiting support, easy away day, existing rivalry rekindled.

In short, for all I ŵorry about dropping down, dropping down to face clubs like Sevco, Hibs, and Motherwell means the air of top flight fixtures around the place, with bigger crowds than we currently get in the real top flight. Throw in good looking fixtures and crowds in games with Morton and Falkirk, and it looks tasty. Sod going to Dingwall and Dumfries. The only big disappointment for me is that those multiple administration basturts Livingston survived.

Edited by pozbaird

Much as I agree with pretty much everything Poz says regarding the pros and cons of each team, there is a bit of me that thinks the Rangers will still spend next season and will be a stronger team than they are. The new board members, good or bad, will steady the ship and buy their way to the title.

Now my current thoughts are that I want them to go up now, never having won the first division or whatever it's called these days!

Next season I feel they would win it and gloat about being the first team ever to win every league in the country and potentially win the challenge cup, making it every senior competition in the country they would have their name on!!

I don't want to see that. So let them go up by the back door and always remember, they could only finish third in the second tier of the crappest Scottish football league in years!!

Now my current thoughts are that I want them to go up now, never having won the first division or whatever it's called these days!

Next season I feel they would win it and gloat about being the first team ever to win every league in the country and potentially win the challenge cup, making it every senior competition in the country they would have their name on!!

I don't want to see that. So let them go up by the back door and always remember, they could only finish third in the second tier of the crappest Scottish football league in years!!

They would need to go on and win the Premier League, the League Cup and the Scottish Cup to achieve this..... Edited by davidg

They would need to go on and win the Premier League, the League Cup and the Scottish Cup to achieve this.....

Not in their eyes or that of their media pals. And neither of them would let us forget it!

Much as I agree with pretty much everything Poz says regarding the pros and cons of each team, there is a bit of me that thinks the Rangers will still spend next season and will be a stronger team than they are. The new board members, good or bad, will steady the ship and buy their way to the title.

But they've never won the Premier League, the Scottish Cup, or the League Cup. So, at the moment, they've only ever won 2 trophies, the 4th and 3rd tier titles.

Not yet.

They've never won the top league no matter how many stars they stick on the funeral shirt.

I thought we were in that one.

Much as we all hate them, from a Saints perspective we should all (bar the board of course) hope Sevco win the play offs and are promoted. They will be stronger than us regardless of their financial situation and therefore would make promotion for us more difficult. Bar that I'm really not fussed as it has the look of a good competitive league regardless. Sevco is a freak show we can do without and the longer their knuckle dragging followers are absent from our stadium the better. A season without the 2 arse cheeks would be refreshing as far as Im concerned although I doubt the board will see it that way.

If the Sevco go up, that means Hibs, Queens, and probably Motherwell, will all be in the Championship with us. If you add Falkirk to that threesome, I see no way St Mirren will finish in first place above all four of those clubs, so we are looking at making the playoffs at best. If the Sevco do go up - they will stay up. They will spend money they don't have to surely avoid relegation straight back down. This scenario could see St Mirren, still in the Championship, with the likes of Ross County and/or Killie / Accies / Partick / Dundee.... and still Queens / Hibs / Falkirk?

In short - it ain't about to get any easier any time soon. I firmly believe the best time to get the Sevco would be next season. I also genuinely believe going to Dumfries or Easter Road will be more difficult than going to Sevco Park.

Edited by pozbaird