Officially Relegated

Aye, currently sitting 9th in the league, I'd hate to be in that position. lol.gif

It's all relative. You think West Hams have nothing to moan about, we think Spurs fans have nothing to moan about, Spurs fans think Arsenal fans have nothing to moan about.

In truth we all do.

I have thought long and hard before posting this, but feel it has to be said.

I think this season's strip is worse than the bib.

There, I have said it, and won't apologise for doing so, even if I have upset anyone.

Well I consider I have a good right to moan as a Shareholder and a purchaser of three season tickets.The Board have made a right old mess of things this season and we all know the reasons.What I cannot understand is that we have known for weeks perhaps months what the outcome would be when we could and should have put s proper management structure in place with some forward planning.Most of all some proper dialogue with the fans would at least have been encouraging.Instead we have stumbled on with certain players who basically couldn't give a toss.

As much as I'd love us to come straight back up I just can't see it, particularly with the same owners and manager that we currently have.

We'll go down and be somewhere about the level of Falkirk, maybe slightly better, maybe slightly worse.

I reckon it'll be 3 seasons at least before we'll be challenging.

The diehards will continue to follow the team regardless, the floating support will continue to pick their games, it's been a hard sell this season for obvious reasons and once the novelty factor of seeing a few different teams and visiting a few different grounds wears off it could potentially be a pretty grim few years for us.

It's certainly increasingly difficult for a lot of punters, myself included to justify the time and money to watch the poorly managed garbage we've been subjected to this season.

Fully deserved and the BOD are completely to blame for this. Two terrible managerial appointments and allowing Kenny Mclean to go, they should have insisted on keeping him till the end of the season. They must sack Teale ASAP and allow a new manager to settle in and decide who he wants to keep and bring in. Of course with their track record it wouldn't surprise me if they wait till late July and then decide that a new manager would be a good idea giving him 2 weeks to get a team ready...seems to be their style in recent times.

Guest TPAFKATS

Yip, because they always knew that was going to happen. 1eye.gif

TC was, in hindsight, a gamble that didn't pay off.

Mystic Meg says the 6 numbers for tomorrow nights lottery are 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 & 36.

Didn't the current board appoint McPherson & Lennon?

You don't need hindsight to see that Craig, in gambling terms, was a long shot.

You also don't need hindsight to see the utter folly of giving him a two year deal, esp when the same board had previously been stung by the deal they gave Gus and also had a one year rolling deal in place for both him and Lennon.

You don't need to be a happy clapper.

This fate was fully deserved. The board stood fiddling while we crashed and burned. Even as late as December we still had a chance to keep our heads above water. R.C. and Motherwell were in and around us. In fact Ross County were well off the pace. They gained hope just by seeing our stagnation. For me this wipes out all the good this Board did. If they manage to sell up they will now be remembered for setting us back 10 years. Not for being saviours. Sad really.

You don't need hindsight to see that Craig, in gambling terms, was a long shot.

You also don't need hindsight to see the utter folly of giving him a two year deal, esp when the same board had previously been stung by the deal they gave Gus and also had a one year rolling deal in place for both him and Lennon.

You don't need to be a happy clapper.

One year rolling deal for Lennon? Lennon signed a two and a half year deal in November 2011 with a self confessed aim of getting us in the top 6 within that contract.

He left when that expired in summer 2014.

Guest TPAFKATS

One year rolling deal for Lennon? Lennon signed a two and a half year deal in November 2011 with a self confessed aim of getting us in the top 6 within that contract.

He left when that expired in summer 2014.

Thanks.

I thought he extended it for the final season.

Gus had the one year rolling deal. Also had an increment every year, I assume his only target for the increase was keeping us up?

Doesn't disguise the folly of giving Craig a two year deal.

Didn't we also give Teale a two year playing deal? And we wonder why there's nae money?

Fully deserved and the BOD are completely to blame for this. Two terrible managerial appointments and allowing Kenny Mclean to go, they should have insisted on keeping him till the end of the season. They must sack Teale ASAP and allow a new manager to settle in and decide who he wants to keep and bring in. Of course with their track record it wouldn't surprise me if they wait till late July and then decide that a new manager would be a good idea giving him 2 weeks to get a team ready...seems to be their style in recent times.

In the main I agree with what you say however I do not think this hapless BOD,s led by a man that once saved the mighty and proud St.Mirren from oblvion and gladly accepted the adoration that went with it, will get rid of Gary Teale, this would be a step too far and in a way an admission he got it wrong in his choice of managers, especially TC and GT.

Remember Mr Gilmour at the AGM referred to those who voiced their concerns over relegation as "knickerwetters"? Now that our fears have been finally realised, I wonder if he'll reconsider his words? Do you think he'll "like" THIS post?

Maybe he will eat his hat, that little bonnet with .......

When have they ever did that? Fans were rightly criticising them for appointing TC too quickly last season and they appointed Danny Lennon on the 7th of June...? Now it's their recent style to leave it to late July... Bizarre.

By all accounts Kenny agreed to stay with us on the condition that if his release clause was met the club would let him leave. Would you have let him leave for nothing in the summer instead of agreeing to that? Or would you have agreed to it then went back on your word when his release clause was met?

That's not to mention that we were apparently struggling financially in January due to the TC situation and falling gate receipts.

When have they ever did that? Fans were rightly criticising them for appointing TC too quickly last season and they appointed Danny Lennon on the 7th of June...? Now it's their recent style to leave it to late July... Bizarre.

By all accounts Kenny agreed to stay with us on the condition that if his release clause was met the club would let him leave. Would you have let him leave for nothing in the summer instead of agreeing to that? Or would you have agreed to it then went back on your word when his release clause was met?

That's not to mention that we were apparently struggling financially in January due to the TC situation and falling gate receipts.

By saying late July i was obviously exaggerating. The correct thing to do is bring in a new manager now and my point is they more than likely won't do that judging by the mess they've made of this season. They retained the services of Tommy Craig for too long (he should never have been appointed) and then replace him with Gary Teale, a man with no managerial experience. If they want to correct their mistakes this season they MUST get a new manager in now.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

Well I consider I have a good right to moan as a Shareholder and a purchaser of three season tickets.The Board have made a right old mess of things this season and we all know the reasons.What I cannot understand is that we have known for weeks perhaps months what the outcome would be when we could and should have put s proper management structure in place with some forward planning.Most of all some proper dialogue with the fans would at least have been encouraging.Instead we have stumbled on with certain players who basically couldn't give a toss.

The BOD have known for the last five years, didn't they inform you.