Officially Relegated

By all accounts Kenny agreed to stay with us on the condition that if his release clause was met the club would let him leave. Would you have let him leave for nothing in the summer instead of agreeing to that? Or would you have agreed to it then went back on your word when his release clause was met?

He couldn't have left for nothing in the summer though, could he?

Would we not have been entitled to a few hundred grand as compo for a young player we'd developed? I understood this was the case and if it was then we should not have included any clause that didn't suit us. He couldn't have signed for anyone without that team paying us effectively what Aberdeen paid us in January.

I'll stand corrected if my understanding is complete pish, however.

He couldn't have left for nothing in the summer though, could he?

Would we not have been entitled to a few hundred grand as compo for a young player we'd developed? I understood this was the case and if it was then we should not have included any clause that didn't suit us. He couldn't have signed for anyone without that team paying us effectively what Aberdeen paid us in January.

I'll stand corrected if my understanding is complete pish, however.

He could have went abroad for nothing.

If a team is to get relegated at any time this is definitely the year to do so. From what I can determine we will get £300,000 this season and £125,000 next season if we are not promoted. This is the last year of the parachute payments so those relegated next season get zilch. We also have Morton (who will go straight back down again but useful to us this season) and of course a couple of top-tier teams who can bring a substantial support (TFKAR, Hibs, or Well).

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__articlesofthespfllimited_1375800575.pdf page 38