Officially Relegated

No chance he'll like this post, it doesn't provide the chance of having a go at someone - in a keyboard warrior way

Well instead of throwing more good money after bad I think this inbred will head to the stadium of light next weekend and catch a genuine relegation decider instead of watching the clusterf**k of our boards creation rollover and take it up the Gary Glitter yet again!

Just sayin like.

You can like this to SGG it will pass the time waiting to flog those highly sought after shares.

That's it confirmed. 3-1 Motherwell.

Nearly ten years as a top flight club ended by one of the worst, and most spineless, St Mirren teams I have had the misfortune to have seen since 1976. Shat it in two massive games where there was still a sniff of salvaging something - 5-0 and 3-0 defeats to Motherwell and Ross County. Signed known wasters like Arquin, Gow and Wylde. Sold Kenny McLean on the last day of the window. Bumped up the 'wheeler dealer we want' Gary Teale, after the unadulterated disaster that was Tommy Craig. Could hardly score a goal at one end of the park or keep them out at tbe other end.... all while wearing the worst kit since the bib, sanctioned by a BoD who will now, (after treating us like the knickerwetting keyboard warriors we obviously are), want to court us with a pleading request to renew STs for a Championship containing at least four clubs who will most likely kick our fcuking arses.

Two years and they cannot even update a couple of *** pan*ls. Three or four days after a young cancer hit St Mirren academy player wins a POTY award, and while the BBC and other news outlets run this feelgood factor story, they cannot even mention it on their own website.

Apart from that, look on the bright side. We'll have the best airdome in the division.

You forgot to add the board also LIKE to think of some of us as inbreds!

It's a great thing that we have been relegated because if we we'rent then we would struggle season after season

lets go down and have a huge clear out and start again

This is the BEST thing that could of happened to us

lets embrace it and look forward to a brighter future and maybe....just MAYBE we can get it right this time

Hours after Tranmere were relegated - the chairman was all over social media thanking the fans for their ongoing support - detailing what was being done behind the seasons to build the foundations to push for promotion and days late bagged the temp caretaker boss and appointed a manager who had experience of getting teams promoted out of the division - does that make me want a season that - yes

What will SG do .... Il wait and see

Motherwell when in danger made key quality signings in the window look how McDonald has made a difference ?....and what do we do ?....we sell our best player for sweeties at the last minute (sorry the so called contract terms re sell on seem very iffy to me?).....Aberdeen seemed to be shocked ! Looks like we called them and said he was up for grabs at the last minute all sad..

Sorry we seem to always be behind in drive/initiative with the teams around us and supposedly below us ,,.....a total embarrassment all round in every aspect of the club.....especially given that there 3 bigger clubs missing this season.

Maybe deep down we are a big second tier club with delusions?

Motherwell when in danger made key quality signings in the window look how McDonald has made a difference ?....and what do we do ?....we sell our best player for sweeties at the last minute (sorry the so called contract terms re sell on seem very iffy to me?).....Aberdeen seemed to be shocked ! Looks like we called them and said he was up for grabs at the last minute all sad..

Sorry we seem to always be behind in drive/initiative with the teams around us and supposedly below us ,,.....a total embarrassment all round in every aspect of the club.....especially given that there 3 bigger clubs missing this season.

Maybe deep down we are a big second tier club with delusions?

That's what happens when you have a rich guy putting his own money into the club.

Sadly, we don't have that.

Nearly ten years as a top flight club ended by one of the worst, and most spineless, St Mirren teams I have had the misfortune to have seen since 1976. Shat it in two massive games where there was still a sniff of salvaging something - 5-0 and 3-0 defeats to Motherwell and Ross County. Signed known wasters like Arquin, Gow and Wylde. Sold Kenny McLean on the last day of the window. Bumped up the 'wheeler dealer we want' Gary Teale, after the unadulterated disaster that was Tommy Craig. Could hardly score a goal at one end of the park or keep them out at tbe other end.... all while wearing the worst kit since the bib, sanctioned by a BoD who will now, (after treating us like the knickerwetting keyboard warriors we obviously are), want to court us with a pleading request to renew STs for a Championship containing at least four clubs who will most likely kick our fcuking arses.

Two years and they cannot even update a couple of *** pan*ls. Three or four days after a young cancer hit St Mirren academy player wins a POTY award, and while the BBC and other news outlets run this feelgood factor story, they cannot even mention it on their own website.

Apart from that, look on the bright side. We'll have the best airdome in the division.

Sadly very true buddie

Should hand this into the club, has everyone down there just chucked it completely.

A sad day that could of been so easily avoided, penny pinching cheap options finally caught up with the board, hell mend them.

Perhaps you could explain how a club running at a loss could have spent money that it didn't have and thus avoided these "penny pinching cheap options"?

Guest TPAFKATS

Perhaps you could explain how a club running at a loss could have spent money that it didn't have and thus avoided these "penny pinching cheap options"?

One option is not to pay off a managers 2 year contract, after 6 months.

It's a great thing that we have been relegated because if we we'rent then we would struggle season after season

lets embrace it and look forward to a brighter future and maybe....just MAYBE we can get it right this time

I'll embrace it but it's not the best thing. We won't be back playing SPL football for at least 3 years.

sums up the season for me

The inevitable slow demise finally reaches tipping point.

Not one fan , player or BoD is remotely surprised, the most galling aspect is that next season at this early stage offers no cause for optimism whatsoever.

Credit where it's due, this has been relegation in true St Mirren style, we did it our way , no help from officials, no sense of being cheated and institutionally disadvantaged, this was a classic own goal of a season , two years long in the making.

Fans deserve so much better.

Disgusted.

Goodnight.

Relegation is NEVER a good thing.

We could've cleared out and started again in the top division.

I would rather have embraced that brighter future.

Relegation in '92 was followed by almost 15 years of absolute shite, Hendrie's title year notwithstanding. If anyone is thinking that this team is the worst they've seen they must have been too young to remember the likes of Gavin Galloway, Ryan McCay, Ricky Robb, Steve Watson, Paul McIntyre and Brian McGinn as well as the regular hosing we took from Falkirk, Dundee, St Johnstone & the emerging ICT.

Relegation means people (and by that I mean those not responsible for this clusterf**k of a season) will lose jobs and our already modest budget will be slashed leaving us with a playing squad that will likely see us consolidate our position as a mid table Championship team who has the odd decent season.

Brighter future? Sorry, but it's this sort of baseless, blind faith that's allowed us to sink to the position we're currently in whilst other teams of our size have established themselves in the top flight.

I understand the positive attitude whilst there's hope but we're done now and it's time for the post mortem and it would be nice to get something from the BOD to give us a sense of why you are right to be optimistic about the future and I'm wrong to take the opposite view.

p.s. I truly hope you're right.

Edited by DLBud

One option is not to pay off a managers 2 year contract, after 6 months.

Yip, because they always knew that was going to happen. 1eye.gif

TC was, in hindsight, a gamble that didn't pay off.

Mystic Meg says the 6 numbers for tomorrow nights lottery are 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 & 36.

Didn't the current board appoint McPherson & Lennon?

Edited by faraway saint

I have never laughed so much in all my life...... Tommy Craig a Gamble!

ROFLMAO...... Ha, ha, haha ha, ha, haha, ha.

Come on SGG lets have your three year plan to restore the club's fortunes, tell as you LIKE to know us 'The Inbred' how you are going to overhaul the club and start from ground zero.

We've only been waiting five years.