Is Sgg's Position Still Tenable?

The decisions that have brought a series of unmitigated disasters to our club over managerial appointments, being almost sold, then not, selling key players at the last minute leaving the side bereft of hope, the decisions they refused to make, the decisions they dithered over.... Are our club chairman and board's positions still tenable?

What business leaders could survive the cost and reputation implications our chairman and board members have visited upon the the club?

The old line.... 'We saved the club' rings hollow when you think every fan who bought a share, season or match ticket since then has put far more into the club, and we can't put up that goodwill and investment for sale to get our money back!

Given the example every political leader of a losing party has set by taking responsibility and falling on their sword, shouldn't those who have presided over a longer more damaging scenario at St Mirren Park follow suit? They have told us for years they are tired and want out, so why not make it happen for the sake of the club. Please don't give me the line their is no one within the support or local community who has the skill set to takeover, as the current board hadn't run a football club before their current experience.

I don't doubt for one minute they love the club, or indeed that the make the decisions that they believe are the right ones. The problem is and has been since the club was put up for sale, they continue to make decisions based on the short term in the hope a buyer will sweep in and relieve them of their burden. To me and others it looks like running the club has become a burden on them, this is evidenced by a continued series of attacks/digs at the support... The only people who continue to and will going forward, finance the club!

I call on the Chairman and board to Work with the support, Smisa etc and facilitate an orderly handover to a new team full of drive, ideas and direction. Come to an agreement over sale of the shares, but please consider if you genuinely feel up to a fight next season like no other to get the club back to where we should be. If not make the change happen.

Nothing new brought to the table by my Lord that's the bottom line. Fans had a great. chance of owning the club and did not take it up. If there is to be a renewed bid then we the fans need a leader but there does not seem to be anyone leading at the moment. As for the board as long as they are prudent and try to rebuild the club with the help of.a new manager then that's all I can ask as a fan.

I would still like the Main Stand at Greenhill Road to be named after our Chairman.

Also, while on this subject , the South Stand to be named ...

The Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand.

The other Stands?

Dunno.

Nothing new brought to the table by my Lord that's the bottom line. Fans had a great. chance of owning the club and did not take it up. If there is to be a renewed bid then we the fans need a leader but there does not seem to be anyone leading at the moment. As for the board as long as they are prudent and try to rebuild the club with the help of.a new manager then that's all I can ask as a fan.

Come what way, change or no change. Do you think the current chairman and board should remain, or even if they haven't got a buyer, look to bring in a new board? How many ordinary fans would have voted TC to replace Danny? That's the kind of decision making that needs to change.

Come what way, change or no change. Do you think the current chairman and board should remain, or even if they haven't got a buyer, look to bring in a new board? How many ordinary fans would have voted TC to replace Danny? That's the kind of decision making that needs to change.

So you're suggesting the owners of the club should resign from the board and trust the running of something they have a lot of money invested in to someone else?

Who?

These guys literally in some cases have their pensions in the club.

Some managerial appointments work, some don't. Our board have got some right and they've got some wrong. Just like every other board in the country.

So you're suggesting the owners of the club should resign from the board and trust the running of something they have a lot of money invested in to someone else?

Who?

Some managerial appointments work, some don't. Our board have got some right and they've got some wrong. Just like every other board in the country.

I think you'll find the support and the other 48% of shareholders have put a lot more into the club, but they aren't or can't sell their investment and take the money back. We have trusted the running of something we have funded to someone else for years!

I think you'll find the support and the other 48% of shareholders have put a lot more into the club, but they aren't or can't sell their investment and take the money back. We have trusted the running of something we have funded to someone else for years!

The supporters collectively have put more money in?

Well, duh. Individually the people that have put in the most are the people in the board room.

Our board have cashed in their own pensions to put into the club and regularly dip into their own pockets to keep us going.

Who?

It's not that ridiculous a suggestion you know. There are plenty of football club owners out there who appoint others to the board positions to run the club on their behalf. Just look at Leeann Dempster or Craig Levein as classic examples.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

The board have done a great job, since the late nineties right up until the last year or so. They haven't done well this season and their apathy has spread through the club to the team and the fans. Fresh blood throughout the club is obviously needed and as soon as possible.

I'm just a fan but get the board have made mistakes this season however I still have the greatest respect for them as.they have done more good than bad.

It's not that ridiculous a suggestion you know. There are plenty of football club owners out there who appoint others to the board positions to run the club on their behalf. Just look at Leeann Dempster or Craig Levein as classic examples.

Well Leeann Dempster is in a Brian Caldwell role isn't she?

As far as I know Caldwell does the day to running of the football club and the board meet every week or so.

There's no way they will resign.

Lord pity us if you were on the board.

The supporters collectively have put more money in?

Well, duh. Individually the people that have put in the most are the people in the board room.

Our board have cashed in their own pensions to put into the club and regularly dip into their own pockets to keep us going.

If the support didn't dip into their own pockets every week the board wouldn't have shares to put up for sale. The support put £3million in to "keep us going" every year... Top That, Top Cat!

I would still like the Main Stand at Greenhill Road to be named after our Chairman.

Also, while on this subject , the South Stand to be named ...

The Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand.

The other Stands?

Dunno.

The away stand to be called the Cherry o tree stand

Well Leeann Dempster is in a Brian Caldwell role isn't she?

As far as I know Caldwell does the day to running of the football club and the board meet every week or so.

There's no way they will resign.

No. Leeann Dempster is the CEO, Brian Caldwell is a General Manager. Hardly the same thing. Leeann Dempster, of course, also managed John Boyles exit from Motherwell and is managing the exit of a number of Hibs directors by funding the purchase of their shares by the clubs own supporters.

No. Leeann Dempster is the CEO, Brian Caldwell is a General Manager. Hardly the same thing. Leeann Dempster, of course, also managed John Boyles exit from Motherwell and is managing the exit of a number of Hibs directors by funding the purchase of their shares by the clubs own supporters.

None of Partick Thistles major shareholders have a place on the board or role at the club.

Well I know Motherwell wanted Brian Caldwell to replace Leanne Dempster when she left but he turned it down.

How is she funding the purchase of the directors shares by the clubs own supporters... Surely it's the supporters funding that?:lol:

We are now relegated and a new challenge beckons in division 1.

Time to stop pointing fingers and move on.

SG has made mistakes granted.

But let us look to next season with a positive attitude.

I'm tired of the abuse aimed at SG and Teale...and even Sadlier.

Mistakes have been made but I've always been told to focus on the solution.

My hope is that next year we will regroup and shake off the dead wood.

If we have already identified targets then the work is being done to prepare for next year.

Whoever leads us out will do so with their best intentions.

Mon the Saints!

Think you need to get your facts right SD, from an email that Brian sent me during the week. And I think you can see he is not General Manager

Brian Caldwell

Chief Executive

St. Mirren Football Club

St. Mirren Park

Greenhill Rd

Paisley PA31RU

Tel. 0141 889 2558

Fax. 0141 840 6139 (Direct)

St. Mirren FC Official Website

Buy St. Mirren FC Tickets

Follow us on Twitter

We are now relegated and a new challenge beckons in division 1.

Time to stop pointing fingers and move on.

SG has made mistakes granted.

But let us look to next season with a positive attitude.

I'm tired of the abuse aimed at SG and Teale...and even Sadlier.

Mistakes have been made but I've always been told to focus on the solution.

My hope is that next year we will regroup and shake off the dead wood.

If we have already identified targets then the work is being done to prepare for next year.

Whoever leads us out will do so with their best intentions.

Mon the Saints!

Division 1 beckons...?

Not much of a positive attitude there about next seasons campaign in the Championship!

Well I know Motherwell wanted Brian Caldwell to replace Leanne Dempster when she left but he turned it down.

How is she funding the purchase of the directors shares by the clubs own supporters... Surely it's the supporters funding that?:lol:

Aye ok but you know what I mean. Farmer and Boyle wanted out. She put in place the plan to facilitate that.