Kieran Sadlier Leaves (Updated Title)

Not sure on rules of starting new threads but thought you'd appreciate me passing on what I've heard.

Despite the relegation Sadlier has enjoyed his time with the Saints and is set to sign a years extension.

He was under appreciated at West Ham so I'm not surprised he appreciates the support he has had from the club and the Buddies fans.

As painful as relegation is, he wants to be part of a promotion push and feels he can play a big part of next season.

The bad news is that this means I'll be coming up to watch a couple more games next season...

Surprised by that. He was poor again last week and was dropped again today.

He has shown in glimpses that there's something there but he certainly isn't ready for top flight football yet. Still a young fella though so if he can bulk up a bit over the summer he might cut it at a lower level next season.

Surprised by that. He was poor again last week and was dropped again today.

He has shown in glimpses that there's something there but he certainly isn't ready for top flight football yet. Still a young fella though so if he can bulk up a bit over the summer he might cut it at a lower level next season.

He was not poor last week, the team were poor at getting the ball out to a player that needs the ball at his feet, not coming out the air with ice on it to see it go straight back again...................

He was not poor last week, the team were poor at getting the ball out to a player that needs the ball at his feet, not coming out the air with ice on it to see it go straight back again...................

You related to him or something?

Let's just put it this way. I wasn't surprised when he was the first to be subbed last week and I wasn't surprised when I had seen he was dropped today.

You can try blame those facts on the rest of the team - who were also poor last week - if you like.

Let's just put it this way. I wasn't surprised when he was the first to be subbed last week and I wasn't surprised when I had seen he was dropped today.

You can try blame those facts on the rest of the team - who were also poor last week - if you like.

I too was not surprised he came off last week.

He is a footballer and is at his best when the ball is on the ground and he has it at his feet.

Teams are set up to play in certain ways and when the chips are down sides do tend to revert to a simple more direct approach & style and that will not help players like Sadlier, Dayton and others that are technical players. Lets see how they setup next season and if we manage to keep both Sadlier and Dayton and we play to a different system then I can see us taking the game to a number of teams down there in the Championship.

Edited by Ditto

Watch todays highlights and see Sadlier's part in the build up to our winning goal today.

Watch todays highlights and see Sadlier's part in the build up to our winning goal today.

I take it you are related to him - fair enough. I call it as I see it I have no agenda against or for Kieran.

My opinion of him based on what I've seen - which is every minute he's played for us before today - is that he's not ready for top flight football yet. However he's still young enough to improve and if he develops physically in pre season he could be an asset to us in the Championship.

I take it you are related to him - fair enough. I call it as I see it I have no agenda against or for Kieran.

My opinion of him based on what I've seen - which is every minute he's played for us before today - is that he's not ready for top flight football yet. However he's still young enough to improve and if he develops physically in pre season he could be an asset to us in the Championship.

Thats fine, that's the point of forums, we all have our opinion and see things differently. I am just a football fan also stating his opinion.

Great news, Sadlier, Mallan, Naismith, Baird, Reilly, and McGinn if he stays, that's

a quality list of young talent for any championship side.

An appointment of a good manager who'll get rid of the deadwood and maybe bring

in some "decent" experienced pro's and it could be a better season than most expect.

Great news, Sadlier, Mallan, Naismith, Baird, Reilly, and McGinn if he stays, that's

a quality list of young talent for any championship side.

An appointment of a good manager who'll get rid of the deadwood and maybe bring

in some "decent" experienced pro's and it could be a better season than most expect.

Reilly? Quality young talent? FFS!!!

Give the lad a break, he is still very young and still learning his trade and whilst he might not have had the best introduction to professional football in what has been an awful season, he has put in some good solid performances this last 2-3 weeks.

I always remember a very young Tony Adams of Arsenal playing for England and all I could hear was the whole stadium making donkey noises every time Adams got on the ball.

Adams went on to be one of the best centre halves in the UK and part of one of the most scrooge like defences in the EPL and captained Arsenal to a lot of silverware. He also went onto being England's centre half for many years to come and become an outstanding player.

Hard to say for someone that hates Arsenal as much as I do.

Edited by Ditto

Not done that great admittedly but he clearly has talent. Sometimes things don't work out a bit like Harkins for us last season or Imrie, or Granger, or Kello.

Having said that I think he can kick on. To be honest who for us has not been crap?

Even Kenny had a few stinkers this season.

Sadlier has shown a few glimpses he could be a good player so pleasantly surprised if he stays. Reminded me of a young, very raw Andy Dorman first time I saw him and not quite sure why he's not had more of a shot - better than some of the other wasters who've had more game time since he came in.

However, does the fact one of Teale's signings getting offered a new deal mean we're not changing manager? Bit silly offering him a new contract only for a new manager to come in and decide he's not in his plans.

For a guy who trained with Michael Johnson, Sadlier is so slow he looks like he's constantly running through treacle.

Apart from that, he looks decent - good touch and that. I'd keep him for next season if possible.