Kieran Sadlier Leaves (Updated Title)

Poor decision to let Sadlier go and keep on guys like Gow, bizarre indeed.

He knows Gow so he obviously rates him. I doubt he ever saw Sadlier play so quite rightly he asked to see him in training first before he would offer a contract. Who was it Danny resigned when he came in, by just watch videos of them, Brady & Robb?? That ended in disaster

The fact that he's waited till today to go elsewhere indicates that he was prepared to stay and he must've known the sorta terms he was likely to be offered.

Would he have signed if a firm deal had been offered, did he go for more money or for a club/manager that was keener to get him than us - who knows?

I understand the POV that Murray needed to see him in action before offering a deal but I'm in the camp that would've preferred Sadlier to Gow for the upcoming season.

It only remains to say best of luck KS - with the usual exception.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Pretty much like Aaron Mooy the potential is there but it never happened with us.

As with others who leave be interesting to see where he ends up.

Totally agree. Definitely there is talent there!

Was hoping that he would of signed another year with us as I think he would of done a decent job for us

Not devastated but I thought he had some potential.

If he's had a better offer than "we will let you train with us and might offer you a deal" then that's fair enough.

I'm guessing David Longwell had some doubts about him otherwise he'd have advised Murray to offer him a deal.

On the contrary, David Longwell thought very highly of Kieran describing him as "having unbelievable talent, and that he would be recommending Kieran to the new manager." However Ian Murray is his own man and wanted to see more before offering him a contract which is fair enough.

This was naturally a blow to Kieran as he had already been told that he would get a new contract under Gary Teale who had planned to play higher up the pitch and get the ball out to the feet of the wide players which would have suited Kieran perfectly, but that is now all history.

Kieran thought long and hard about coming back but after accepting the opportunity to come back in to training he decided that he wanted to find a club in England and is currently talking to a number of league clubs about joining them.

Its fair to say that St Mirren never saw Kieran at his absolute best, what with not being properly match fit and having to make do with cameo appearances and playing to a system that did not entirely suit him. That all said, Kieran loved it up in Scotland, loved the club, got on very well with the players and staff and appreciated the fans support - he will always feel a closeness to St Mirren and will always look out for their results and whats happening with the club.

Edited by Ditto

Guest TPAFKATS

On the contrary, David Longwell thought very highly of Kieran describing him as "having unbelievable talent, and that he would be recommending Kieran to the new manager." However Ian Murray is his own man and wanted to see him more before offering him a contract which is fair enough.

This was a naturally a blow to Kieran as he had already been told that he would get a new contract under Gary Teale who had planned to play higher up the pitch and get the ball out to the feet of the wide players which would have suited Kieran perfectly, but that is now all history.

Kieran thought long and hard about coming back but after accepting the opportunity to come back in to training he decided that he wanted to find a club in England and is currently talking to a number of league clubs about joining them.

Its fair to say that St Mirren never saw Kieran at his absolute best, what with not being properly match fit and having to make do with cameo appearances and playing to a system that did not entirely suit him. That all said, Kieran loved it up in Scotland, loved the club, got on very well with the players and staff and appreciated the fans support - he will always feel a closeness to St Mirren and will always look out for their results and whats happening with the club.

Cheers Kieran and all the best for next season.

I'm really disappointed KS has moved on, I believed he would have done a great job for us next season, but may be that's why I'm not a football manager. I suppose you have to accept that he will have wanted to have some security so I don't think you can blame the lad. Good luck Kieran.

On the contrary, David Longwell thought very highly of Kieran describing him as "having unbelievable talent, and that he would be recommending Kieran to the new manager." However Ian Murray is his own man and wanted to see him more before offering him a contract which is fair enough.

This was a naturally a blow to Kieran as he had already been told that he would get a new contract under Gary Teale who had planned to play higher up the pitch and get the ball out to the feet of the wide players which would have suited Kieran perfectly, but that is now all history.

Thanks fella, I think we all wish him the best of luck, shame it didn't work out with us.

Thanks fella, I think we all wish him the best of luck, shame it didn't work out with us.

You have a great Club up there in Paisley, a great stadium, great facilities and a great fan base and he will never forget the four months he had up there. He could not have been looked after better, just a shame it was such an awful season for the club, no doubt the club will bounce back.

Good luck in the coming season.

Kieran's Dad.

You have a great Club up there in Paisley, a great stadium, great facilities and a great fan base and he will never forget the four months he had up there. He could not have been looked after better, just a shame it was such an awful season for the club, no doubt the club will bounce back.

Kieran's Dad.

All the best to him. Definitely got potential and, selfishly, think it would have served him well to stick with Saints...sure he would be welcomed back anytime, I'll even try sign him in to the 1877 club.

Kieran's Dad.

Thanks for you kind compliments. We hope you have a great life and your son finds a good football club to help enhance his true potential and push his career on for the better.

Kind regards

Joshua's dad

Another lad who never got a chance to shine. The cameos he had showed great promise and I for one think this is a real missed opportunity for Saint Mirren

Well he did get a good few starts under Teale to be fair.

Ian Murray can't be expected to offer a new deal to a player who he will have known very little about and seen very little of.

He did offer the lad a chance to train with the team with a view to winning himself a contract. Kieran turned that down which is his prerogative, not much more the club could have done really.

Kieran's Dad.

Thanks for that.

I would have loved him to stay... I believe he has a real talent and could have dhone next season, earning a big move afterwards.

I wish him well wherever he goes.

Naebody's Dad (I hope)!

;-)

Naebody's Dad (I hope)!

;-)

Aye, there's enough of us ugly buggers out there without you adding to the pool.

I've had enough kids to cover the pair of us.

ETA: Ach that seemed vaguely amusing in my head, but written down......

Edited by oaksoft

• 2 weeks later...

Closer to home

Spot on Insaintee, nothing to do with money.

Very good standard of football, good budget with the aim of being in the Championship next year & only a 25 minute journey from where he lives.

Had several options, including hooking up with Teddy Sherringham at Stevenage but then Jack Collison recommended him to Peterborough.

Been with them for two weeks and impressed, scored 4 goals in two internal friendlies and gave a good performance in the friendly on Wednesday night - ironically plays against his old club West Ham United on Saturday then one of a squad of 22 travelling to Ireland for pre season tour.

Spot on Insaintee, nothing to do with money.

Very good standard of football, good budget with the aim of being in the Championship next year & only a 25 minute journey from where he lives.

Had several options, including hooking up with Teddy Sherringham at Stevenage but then Jack Collison recommended him to Peterborough.

Been with them for two weeks and impressed, scored 4 goals in two internal friendlies and gave a good performance in the friendly on Wednesday night - ironically plays against his old club West Ham United on Saturday then one of a squad of 22 travelling to Ireland for pre season tour.

And we've got Alan feckin Gow , sheeesh ! Good luck Kieran , you're joining a long list of ones that got away !

He has left the club end off . What's the point of dwelling did he score 15 goals in a terrible Saints team or something. Looked average at best to me. Best wishes for the future. We have a new team and manager to look forward too.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

He has left the club end off . What's the point of dwelling did he score 15 goals in a terrible Saints team or something. Looked average at best to me. Best wishes for the future. We have a new team and manager to look forward too.

Yes Ian , but we're still several players short and starting to scrape the barrel. Letting Sadlier slip away without a fight and Reilly about to sign just about justifies me not buying a season ticket !