Kieran Sadlier Leaves (Updated Title)

Very true. One of the only things Murray made the right decision on, imo.

I'd disagree.

Like Kieran, Thomas clearly had potential. In particular he looked good in the Newcastle friendly. Sadly lost his way and confidence. Too often he made the wrong decision, or took long to decide what to do. Needed to get his confidence back and to get his game head on. I suspect Kieran is the same.

There are plenty of players that don't work out at one place or other that go on to do well. Right now I'd happily take Baird and Britton back neither did well first time round.

ETA right now I'd take Thomas and Kieran back can't be worse than Agnew, McMullan, Gow or Carswelll

Edited by insaintee

I'd disagree

Fair enough. Did you think Thomas was a good player then?

Your full post didn't register at first....

That's a fair point RE old players coming back and there's definitely a few I would welcome back. Sadly for me Thomas just didn't do enough to merit getting a game and as you've pointed out wasted the ball on numerous occasions. For me, he didn't look interested sometimes... He would've fitted into this years midfield nicely, in that respect. Time will tell how his career pans out.

Edited by Stevie88

I'm not generally in the habit of slagging off players or calling them shite or whatever and I'm not about to start now.

The fact of the matter is that Kieran is attempting a career in one of the most brutally difficult industries around.

The competition any young player faces is absolutely ruthlessly intense and only a handful make a decent living from it.

It must be very hard to watch your kid struggling to settle but at least Kieran is having a go. IMO that immediately puts him streets ahead of most of the general population who are content to simply bumble their way through life.

For that he deserves a wee bit more respect than TC is showing him although at 22 years of age it needs to happen for him very soon.

Personally I'd give a kidney to walk out onto the pitch and play professional football but I never had the chance. I'm not about to slag this kid for falling short at this point. If his attitude is right, he still has time. I wish him luck.

I'm not generally in the habit of slagging off players or calling them shite or whatever and I'm not about to start now.

The fact of the matter is that Kieran is attempting a career in one of the most brutally difficult industries around.

The competition any young player faces is absolutely ruthlessly intense and only a handful make a decent living from it.

It must be very hard to watch your kid struggling to settle but at least Kieran is having a go. IMO that immediately puts him streets ahead of most of the general population who are content to simply bumble their way through life.

For that he deserves a wee bit more respect than TC is showing him although at 22 years of age it needs to happen for him very soon.

Personally I'd give a kidney to walk out onto the pitch and play professional football but I never had the chance. I'm not about to slag this kid for falling short at this point. If his attitude is right, he still has time. I wish him luck.

Thank you Oaksoft, small point, he is just 21

• 6 months later...
33 minutes ago, shull said:

Christ, is that what qualifies as sports journalism nowadays? 

Even Kieran himself was getting pissed off at the shite research done on him. He went on a spiel about his time with us, then the interviewer goes on to ask about the time at St. Mirren following this. 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Christ, is that what qualifies as sports journalism nowadays? 

Even Kieran himself was getting pissed off at the shite research done on him. He went on a spiel about his time with us, then the interviewer goes on to ask about the time at St. Mirren following this. 

The guy should have done his research but I guess he e-mailed the questions over and has printed the replies, which means an error like that would occur. He could have edited it to stop himself looking a tit though.

Bit odd Sadlier says he was offered a contract. Thought he was only offered pre-season as Murray didn't know anything about him?

11 hours ago, Stu said:

The guy should have done his research but I guess he e-mailed the questions over and has printed the replies, which means an error like that would occur. He could have edited it to stop himself looking a tit though.

Bit odd Sadlier says he was offered a contract. Thought he was only offered pre-season as Murray didn't know anything about him?

Was offered more money and a gig nearer home 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Ah it's the close season and what better for Saints fans than to refight the old battles? When I was in Suez...........:snore

Sadlier showed promise but is probably best remembered for not being Alan Gow, in hindsight missing Ian Murray's tenure also seems to have been a masterstroke!:clapping

Good to see him doing well, wouldn't mind him returning to GHR but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Best of luck Kieran! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...