Redundancies

Just searched google and appears paul mathers now working. Fir the sfa. Strange there has been no comment on this officially. Considering mathers been at the club for past 5 or 6 years

Really ? You find it strange that the board haven`t kept the fans informed ? huh.png & yet they`ve been so good at that up to now !! thumbdown.gif

Yes I think Goodwin would be well suited for the championship and give us that bit of bite and aggression we will need

exactly he would be a big player for us next season unfortunately there are Saints fans out there who have not got a bloody clue. Then again when you hear the pished being spouted from the stands by pished space men it should come as no surprise Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Whatever you think of Goodwin he should be allowed to play next week at some point to allow him a proper farewell. He's a Cup Winning Captain FFS and we've only had 2 of them in my lifetime. Treat the guy with some respect.

Whatever you think of Goodwin he should be allowed to play next week at some point to allow him a proper farewell. He's a Cup Winning Captain FFS and we've only had 2 of them in my lifetime. Treat the guy with some respect.

Oh so thats it then he's off is he?

Says who?

exactly he would be a big player for us next season unfortunately there are Saints fans out there who have not got a bloody clue. Then again when you hear the pished being spouted from the stands by pished space men it should come as no surprise

He's too slow for midfield which is/was his best position and he's not good enough to play central defence, it's not his natural position and it shows. I do however think he should get a game against Motherwell because that will be our last home game. Gary Teale has near enough stated that he will go with youth if given the job, i think that the board will be more than happy to offload the higher earners at the club like Goodwin.

Goodwin should get a two minute sub appearance to bid him farewell. Cup winning captain, otherwise total liability.

Our fans do love someone who chases the ball a lot no matter what gaps it leaves.

He done his job for a while, but lack of positional discipline and intelligence means he isn't cut out for the game in any of the top two divisions.

Goodwin's screwed the nut a bit since his last misdemeanor, I would keep him as I think we'll be short of experienced players with top flight experience next season. Don't see him getting another top flight gig but I'd hate to come up against him playing for another Championship club next season.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Goodwin's screwed the nut a bit since his last misdemeanor, I would keep him as I think we'll be short of experienced players with top flight experience next season. Don't see him getting another top flight gig but I'd hate to come up against him playing for another Championship club next season.

I wouldn't he's going to be even slower next season and anyone with a bit of pace would waltz past him.

I wouldn't he's going to be even slower next season and anyone with a bit of pace would waltz past him.

I kinda see your point but 99% of the players in the Championship will have some sorta Achillies Heel and the other 1% will be gone in the January transfer window.

To quote Gus "Zenmaster" MacPherson - will we be able to replace him with anyone better? Or even as good?

I kinda see your point but 99% of the players in the Championship will have some sorta Achillies Heel and the other 1% will be gone in the January transfer window.

To quote Gus "Zenmaster" MacPherson - will we be able to replace him with anyone better? Or even as good?

I think we could try and mould one of our young midfielders into playing Jim's holding midfielder role, they would have the legs for it.

It's possible Goodwin could be getting booted for non-footballing reasons. Maybe his wage is too high, even after a reduction for dropping to the Championship. Maybe whoever is in charge next season doesn't want someone who was the previous manager's coach hanging around the dressing room. Maybe his demotion as coach has caused problems and the board don't want him hanging around.

If he is away it's a shame he's being quietly ushered out the back door.

Goodwin has a contract for next season. I would hope any decision on his future his made after we decide who our manager is going to be.

Do you know this for definite?

With the Tommy Craig management team debacle we do not know with him going back down to just a player what his contract situation is as to whether he is contracted for another year or not. I would guess that it was renegotiated like Teale's who has a contract as manager to the end of the season. Whether Teale has provision to go back to coach for the other year with someone else in charge or whether the managers contract supercedes the coaching contract will become clearer in the next couple of weeks.