St Mirren V Motherwell Premiership 16Th May 2015

shull

Lovely to see the "As it stands" league table which is supposed to change with results while the matches are still on is out of date at 5.30pm and suggests Motherwell are still in with a chance of avoiding the play off spot. You'd never guess Gary Linekar gets paid more by the BBC than all of Scottish football.

post-7222-0-97251100-1431794320_thumb.jp

Mallan's strike was phenomenal. The perfect goal to win a game. Worth watching the highlights for it alone.

The scramble on the goal line before was well worked but just lacked the confidence in the two young boys to simply shoot!

Motherwell lost the plot, but we looked just as good if not better most of the game despite the above mentioned shots on target stat.

How we lost 5-0 away I will never know. There are certainly green shoots despite relegation. Young boys played extremely well all round today. GT giving the board a bit more than anticipated to think about.

Decision pending in 7-10 days according to Radio Scotland interview before kick off by SG...

No idea how Naismith managed to get the ball in, I'm assuming it hit off someone? And what a goal from Mallan! Fantastic player, extend his contract now! Also, first time I've seen Morgan for more than a 5-10 minute period and, aside from him being as culpable for missing in that stramash, he looked decent while Baird doesn't look out of depth at this level.

Get some experienced guys in, a proper manager and we'll be in the hunt for the play-offs.

The "You're going down with the St Mirren" chant was tremendous.

Motherwell are a shower of dirty bastards. Four bookings; one with a horrendous tackle that might have been red and an actual red for an elbow.

Glad we confirmed their play off place.smile.png

After the 5-0 game all I wanted was the chance to put these f**kers down as they acted as if they'd won something that night and McDonald in particular was hugely disrespectful IMO.

So, what goes around comes around. We could have been out of sight today but to win it with that strike was very pleasing and it came after a few "ole's" from me and my mate at the back of the main stand as we knocked it about for fun. Skippy's red card was the icing on the cake.

Great chant from the home fans...

' DOWN WITH THE ST MIRREN, YOU'RE GOING DOWN WITH THE ST MIRREN! '

That pushed the "You're nothing special, we lose every week" chant at Firhill a few weeks ago into second place for best chant of the season.

After the 5-0 game all I wanted was the chance to put these f**kers down as they acted as if they'd won something that night and McDonald in particular was hugely disrespectful IMO.

So, what goes around comes around. We could have been out of sight today but to win it with that strike was very pleasing and it came after a few "ole's" from me and my mate at the back of the main stand as we knocked it about for fun. Skippy's red card was the icing on the cake.

McDonald took the huff on Sportsound the other night when Jim Spence assumed Motherwell were already lay-off bound. Get it up him. The lack of fight from their players was incredible, as bad as us in the games before the split.

Mallan's strike was phenomenal. The perfect goal to win a game. Worth watching the highlights for it alone.

The scramble on the goal line before was well worked but just lacked the confidence in the two young boys to simply shoot!

Motherwell lost the plot, but we looked just as good if not better most of the game despite the above mentioned shots on target stat.

How we lost 5-0 away I will never know. There are certainly green shoots despite relegation. Young boys played extremely well all round today. GT giving the board a bit more than anticipated to think about.

Decision pending in 7-10 days according to Radio Scotland interview before kick off by SG...

I beg to differ!

Although it was disappointing not to score from a well worked move, it shows maturity and composure to pass the ball to someone in a better position when your in on goal and shooting would be easier - in hindsight I am sure they both wished they had shot but then again they will learn from it.

McDonald took the huff on Sportsound the other night when Jim Spence assumed Motherwell were already lay-off bound. Get it up him. The lack of fight from their players was incredible, as bad as us in the games before the split.

Ah bless him, never did understand why he was on BT Sport as a summariser for our televised games, thought that was a poor judgement on BT's part.

Got to agree that win was sweet, especially when all the youngsters were on at the end. Thought Sadlier and Morgan were the difference in the final 10-15 mins. How Lasley stays on the park is a mystery. This season has been a BIG disappointment, but these kids give us hope for the future.

SMTID

Motherwell are a shower of dirty bastards. Four bookings; one with a horrendous tackle that might have been red and an actual red for an elbow.

Glad we confirmed their play off place.smile.png

As much as anyone, they're never slow to get all dramatic about Jim Goodwin's slightest indiscretion, whether he's done anything worthy of it, or not.

McManus and the collapsible Aussie gave us two more 'if that had been Jim Goodwin....' moments to add to collection.

Hilarious that the f*ckwit has gotten himself suspended for the two play-off games for an incident that happened in garbage time, when Ross County's win had already sealed their fate anyway.

Their were more animals in claret and amber than at Edinburgh zoo and that wee poaching b'stard was rightly sent off.

The referee was a disgrace and we won despite these hindrances.

The kids were superb but the old head who has taken so much flack, (rightly so), who took the plaudits before he was assaulted by that scummy b McManus.

Mallan was superb as were so many of the lads in the stripes.

My grandson was determined to leave after 75 minutes but luckily I convinced him to hang in there and he was rewarded with a tenacious and dogged performance with no little skill and flare.

Mallan's goal was the icing on the cake.

The only downside is the thought that the board could use the last two results as ammunition to keep the status quo. ie. Cheap option.

Edited by stlucifer

Wasn't there some clown on here (not NH) criticising Mallan for shooting too much?

I'm sure someone can remind me who it was.

So tell me, which of his colleagues would you have him pass to ? Who has a better scoring rate this season from open play ?

DITTO REPLIED .....Your completely missing the point, had Mallan laid others in, in better positions who knows, we will never know now, but that is not the point - you don't keep shooting from 30-40 + yds from all angles just because you want to score, kids playing mini football do that.

I like Mallan a lot as a footballer but he is young and has lots to learn.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

I beg to differ!

Although it was disappointing not to score from a well worked move, it shows maturity and composure to pass the ball to someone in a better position when your in on goal and shooting would be easier - in hindsight I am sure they both wished they had shot but then again they will learn from it.

Dayton seemed to have a heavy first touch when Sadlier passed to him, but Morgan perhaps should have slotted home rather than trying to cut back. Sadlier's turn though was class, but again I think he should have shot having done so rather than square it to Dayton.

Perhaps splitting hairs but was a good performance all round and in a way having won good to see us creating chances even if we didn't score!

DITTO REPLIED .....Your completely missing the point, had Mallan laid others in, in better positions who knows, we will never know now, but that is not the point - you don't keep shooting from 30-40 + yds from all angles just because you want to score, kids playing mini football do that.

I like Mallan a lot as a footballer but he is young and has lots to learn.

It's not like our resident "football expert" to talk a load of old shite.