Celtic Playing Their Pre Season Games At Smp ?

With us now being in the Championship should we not be using our own young players more than relying on some from other teams?

Ideally, yes, but we need to bolster the squad with a bit of quality, so have to explore all viable options while ensuring our young players get their chance.

Ideally, yes, but we need to bolster the squad with a bit of quality, so have to explore all viable options while ensuring our young players get their chance.

Would rather it was experienced guys we brought in, rather than adding some slightly older youngsters from somewhere else to our own inexperienced players.

Suppose the ones we've had from Celtic have done a job so shouldn't complain too much.

Edited by Stu

With us now being in the Championship should we not be using our own young players more than relying on some from other teams?

Well, the last few youngsters we have had on loan from Celtic have done ok. Cuthbert, Carey, McGowan... This is an avenue we should be exploiting to the fullest.

If our young players are good enough they will play.

We have only ever had 1 hone friendly in past 7/8 years excluding Morton games. So it's not going to affect us

And we've been told it was because the groundstaff needed time to get the pitch in order before the real stuff started! But when another tyeam wants to keep their pitch in order, we can suddenly have pre season games on the pitch!!! unsure.png

Edited by SBS

I think this is a disgrace and I'm actually embarrassed about it, whoever has allowed this to happen should be ashamed.

I can't say I'm thrilled about it, but can't get quite so upset about it as you seem to be.

Genuine question - if the income generated by this arrangement was sufficient to keep someone at the club employed who might otherwise have to be let go on account of our relegation, would you still think this was a disgrace?

Edited by Drew

I can't say I'm thrilled about it, but can't get quite so upset about it as you seem to be.

Genuine question - if the income generated by this arrangement was sufficient to keep someone at the club employed who might otherwise have to be let go on account of our relegation, would you still think this was a disgrace?

If someone is keeping their job that's great, but it won't be the case I'm afraid.