Season Tickets

On a more serious tack than my inadequecies on the golf course using any brand of golf clubs.... I have no problem with the price. However, this ST renewal announcement comes only days after the BoD muddied already muddy waters with the managerial situation. Asking people to apply for Gary ateale's role and yet asking agary to apply again himself? The more I think about that, the more I need a lie down and a 'FFS' post.

The managerial situation is extremely unclear. The make up of next season's squad is even more unclear. There is zero indication if further big cutbacks are planned, we don't know the teams we will be facing yet either. Sure, we only go to see St Mirren, but will an ST see us have big games v Hibs and the Sports Direct Works XI, or will Queens pull off a comeback? I'm more interested in St Mirren though, so no idea about the manager, no idea about the players likely to be in the squad. No idea where we stand as a club - redundancies already for morevthsn two members of staff. Talk of English consortiums still being interested?

The BoDs communication with the support has been frankly a disgrace. I knew they wouldn't be tardy asking for ST renewals though....

So, it's blind faith time again, eh? And if you look for more information first, you could be accused of not backing the team when they need us? Fair enough. If you still frequent the forum though SGG - many of the players I watched this season clearly couldn't give a fcuk. Why should I? Until I have more thsn blind faith? How many of these useless cnuts are you planning to allow to wear our shirt again? Who will be in our manager's office? Whst kind of budget, to allow him to compete are you giving him? An explanation for the redundancies? Cost saving or is there something we should know?

Blind faith is OK, but come on, give us something more than knowing we love the shirt... You want out, what are your plans? Where will the leadership be to push us up?

What's unclear about the managerial position (other than who the manager will be next season) ? Teale was given the job to the end of the season. We are now approaching the end of the season and we have announced that the job will be advertised and Teale is perfectly entitled to apply. It's not exactly a complicated situation. Had Teale done well enough he would most probably been given the job on a permanent basis but he hasn't so what were the board meant to do - what else could they do but adverise the position ???

It's almost prophetic from many on here and Pathetic from the board.

"We're really sorry and take the blame for this season but we are looking to the future so, geez yer dosh quick so we kin appoint Gary when it's too late fur ye tae dae anythin' aboot it!!!!!!!

I'll be looking for what's left of Ashdowns hat if we get an appointee before the early bird deadline.

Sure to take their time pondering before..... you guessed it.

Edited to add.

My grandson said to me the other day that, if Saints continue to fail, he's gonna start supporting Cellic.

Now THAT IS DEPRESSING!

Just tell him, he'll loss his inheritance if he does that........post-4944-0-78301400-1431520151_thumb.jp

I did consider moving but I'll just stick with W2. Those running down the stairs days are gone, I only do that now if I am in a rush to get to the toilet. I'm no spring chicken mate !

We all know THAT!

We've seen you on Off The Ball... :unsure:

Was an opportunity for the Club to have a clean break and make the West Stand unreseved seating, or have a section for reserved seats and charge a bit more for the privilege. Unreserved seating would improve the atmosphere IMO.

ST? Think I'll wait and see...

Was an opportunity for the Club to have a clean break and make the West Stand unreseved seating, or have a section for reserved seats and charge a bit more for the privilege. Unreserved seating would improve the atmosphere IMO.

The atmosphere will be great and the singing will be loud when we are top of the league and the rest urnae.

You do have to wonder about the staggered increase in ST prices from early bird onwards? Its like saying if you can't/don't buy it in the next two weeks.... f**k off and pay us more!

What a piece of brain dead marketing that is, why not have one price for season tickets up until the first game they are valid/ or until the benefit is gone.

So let me understand this. We go down a division, there's one less home game, arguably less attractive opposition, and we save a whole tenner on a season book? Well, whoop de f*cking do! Where do I sign up?

I don't think there is much in it to be honest.

Games against two of Hibs, Motherwell and Rangers, plus Morton & Falkirk are all going to be more enjoyable than games against Hamilton, St.Johnstone, ICT, Ross County and Hamilton who bring two men and a dog to Paisley. Obviously going to miss games against Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, the two Dundee clubs, Killie and Thistle but I personally don't think the average gate will suffer too much, especially if we have a half decent team on the park.

It's hard for fans to shout from the rooftops about how they want to see better quality players at the club, and then say the gate prices are too high. Can't really have it both ways I'm afraid.

For me and the boy to attend games for £14 is on par with what I'd be paying at the cinema, and less than at a concert. I don't think it's that bad to be honest.

Just get it bought.

Of course I will buy it. It is convenient to retain my seat beside my mate and the folk we know around us, and it is a fair price for a whole season, home cup game or not. It is easier to simply renew and crack on.

I said the price was fair in my last rant, sorry post. However, as a supporter, I have concerns about the way the club is going backwards, and I also believe the BoD, for all the good they have undoubtably done, do not deserve an easy ride and be exempt from criticism. They've pretty much had an easy ride from the support since 1999.

Fair price or not - I stand by every point I raised. Let's hear from them about leadership and vision for next season and beyond, from a want away BoD at a relegated club with managerial issues, serious squad issues, who have already made redundancies and there's still talk about this mysterious English consortium floating around.

Playing well and winning games would improve the atmosphere!

Think the prices are fine. Gate prices are going to be £18-20 quid anyway (maybe £23 if we want to fleece the new club) in the Championship- that's what Falkirk and others charge.

I've had a ST for many years. This season, it's cost me about £35 a game due to my nonchalance at the utter shitfest on the park and in the boardroom.

That said, I will renew for next season, mostly for the fact that I need to rescue my young son from a world where he doesn't give a f**k about the club anymore. One last chance Saints....

Fully expected the ST prices to be roughly the same as last season so no real shocker there. It's a kick in the baws though to the fans to offer the 'early bird' saving for a grand total of 2 and a half weeks.

I'm sure it used to run to the end of June and wasn't staggered into 3 brackets.

Nah you're okay. I'm sure I and others would be happy to give up our seats bang on the halfway line cos a couple of folk want to sit there to sing.

The club has tried to accommodate signing etc in the years since we've been there. If we have something to sing about, the fans will sing.

There is a section of unreserved seating in the West Stand anyway, right down next to away fans. What's wrong with folk who want to sing going down there to sing?

Aldo you are putting words I'm my mouth 1/ I'm in a position to buy a season ticket fully understand not every one is 2/ a season ticket holder does not make you a better supporter than anyone who is not. Hope that clears up your misunderstanding of my post. For me its about the club getting in as much cash as possible so that a financial plan can be put in place for nest season . The more money brought in the better player can be brought in. I only made a handful of games this season and next season might work out the same for me , its about playing my small part in supporting the club, The board only meet every so often on the agenda would have been planing for next season , manager / season tickets that's why these two subjects are brought out to the fans in my opinion nothing sinister in it at all.

I don't think there is much in it to be honest.

Games against two of Hibs, Motherwell and Rangers, plus Morton & Falkirk are all going to be more enjoyable than games against Hamilton, St.Johnstone, ICT, Ross County and Hamilton who bring two men and a dog to Paisley. Obviously going to miss games against Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, the two Dundee clubs, Killie and Thistle but I personally don't think the average gate will suffer too much, especially if we have a half decent team on the park.

It's hard for fans to shout from the rooftops about how they want to see better quality players at the club, and then say the gate prices are too high. Can't really have it both ways I'm afraid.

For me and the boy to attend games for £14 is on par with what I'd be paying at the cinema, and less than at a concert. I don't think it's that bad to be honest.

I accept all of your points, Div., but it's a fallacy to announce this as a reduction in price. It's not, as their own figures show.

By the way, are there TWO Hamiltons?