Season Tickets

Aldo you are putting words I'm my mouth 1/ I'm in a position to buy a season ticket fully understand not every one is 2/ a season ticket holder does not make you a better supporter than anyone who is not. Hope that clears up your misunderstanding of my post. For me its about the club getting in as much cash as possible so that a financial plan can be put in place for nest season . The more money brought in the better player can be brought in. I only made a handful of games this season and next season might work out the same for me , its about playing my small part in supporting the club, The board only meet every so often on the agenda would have been planing for next season , manager / season tickets that's why these two subjects are brought out to the fans in my opinion nothing sinister in it at all.

Sorry bud, was just the way the post comes across. I'm lucky enough to afford the season ticket up front but I know others cannot and often can only make a couple times a year.

The number of games you attend doesn't make someone more or less of a supporter. That doesn't stem from you btw, more directed at some comments from the 'singing' section at Thistle the other week. Some of them trying to make out they were 'soooper-fans' and it really annoyed me!

Edited by aldo_j

I did consider moving but I'll just stick with W2. Those running down the stairs days are gone, I only do that now if I am in a rush to get to the toilet. I'm no spring chicken mate !

You'd have missed all the key analysis from the edge of W2. How would you know if someone was offside?

Sorry bud, was just the way the post comes across. I'm lucky enough to afford the season ticket up front but I know others cannot and often can only make a couple times a year.

The number of games you attend doesn't make someone more or less of a supporter. That doesn't stem from you btw, more directed at some comments from the 'singing' section at Thistle the other week. Some of them trying to make out they were 'soooper-fans' and it really annoyed me!

Back in the 90s I was paid off so could not afford a season ticket and only made the odd game till back in employment . Like you say mate was still a big supporter of the club. It's a hell hole to be in when you have not got the funds. I feel for anyone who can't get a job or are working for employers who take the piss on what they pay. As for employers who say there is no work today but maybe tomorrow should be named and shamed . Roll on next season !

I think there is genuine difference this year on how the season ticket sales have been launched. Firstly the club put out a statement a couple of days before saying 'Mia Culpa' soz, we are advertising for a new manager.

Then the ST's go on sale with a ridiculously short 'Early Bird' period that means you have to buy without knowing who the manager will be next season, or what players are retained/let go!

You are being forced to buy in a shortened window because i suspect what emerges would make a few more question if they should be shelling out on a ST when whats on offer is vastly inferior to the crock of shit that is this season ending.

Its a cheap shot, by a cheap spending board spinning it out until they have enough ST's in the bank, before announcing how impressed they are with Gary's plans for the new season and the targets he has identified, as they confirm him on a two year contract. Can anyone else see this coming?

What they should do for Early Birds is give them the option of cancelling with full refund before the first competitive game if they are not happy with the appointment of the manager , and the squad for the new season. Then again pigs might fly!

Will their be a 'Cooling Off' period for the Early Birds..?

Edited by Lord Pityme

I think there is genuine difference this year on how the season ticket sales have been launched. Firstly the club put out a statement a couple of days before saying 'Mia Culpa' soz, we are advertising for a new manager.

Then the ST's go on sale with a ridiculously short 'Early Bird' period that means you have to buy without knowing who the manager will be next season, or what players are retained/let go!

You are being forced to buy in a shortened window because i suspect what emerges would make a few more question if they should be shelling out on a ST when whats on offer is vastly inferior to the crock of shit that is this season ending.

Its a cheap shot, by a cheap spending board spinning it out until they have enough ST's in the bank, before announcing how impressed they are with Gary's plans for the new season and the targets he has identified, as they confirm him on a two year contract. Can anyone else see this coming?

What they should do for Early Birds is give them the option of cancelling with full refund before the first competitive game if they are not happy with the appointment of the manager , and the squad for the new season. Then again pigs might fly!

No. But I can see what's coming if they don't take in money.

Renewing a ST, or committing to roll up at most home games is a bit like the SPL's ill fated attempt to bring in the 8x8x8 league structure, and a bag of Revels.... You just never know what you are going to get, even though you've paid for it.

Lets see which manager is appointed, and what sort of squad Gary Teale can then assemble.

I can see a lot of people waiting to make sure he's not going to be the manager next season before they renew.

I think £275 for me and the boy to watch 19 games is great value to be honest.

Yes, this season was absolutely horrific, and I can't really say I enjoyed a single home game, but that's football for you.

There are never any guarantees of success but let's be honest, if any one of us was looking for a team that wins every week then we picked the wrong one !

I'll be renewing even before I know who the manager is, before I know who we will be playing and before I know who will be playing for us, just as long as someone guarantees me we won't be playing in that rancid kit again next season.

Onwards and upwards !

We're up to £400 as the Junior becomes a non-earning student.

I missed half a dozen games this season... so not value or enjoyable.

Serious dilemma here for the new season.

PAYG is a nuisance as you need to get there early to get a ticket and it is too easy to just take a break... but can I afford or justify £400? Hmmm

We're up to £400 as the Junior becomes a non-earning student.

I missed half a dozen games this season... so not value or enjoyable.

Serious dilemma here for the new season.

PAYG is a nuisance as you need to get there early to get a ticket and it is too easy to just take a break... but can I afford or justify £400? Hmmm

Of course you can, stop buying poncy wine, sorted. whistling.gif

I've had a ST for years, but I'm waiting to see who the appoint as manager, who the playing staff will be, not paying up front for the BOD to make the same mistakes as they did this season. TBH won't really be struggling to get a ticket, pay per game this season.

You always seem to be carrying a big cross up a hill these days with constant negativity . You don't get that board meetings are every so often not everyday. So planing for next season is right thing to do. Yourself and other fans were making a big noise that nothing was being done regarding getting a manager for next season now that has been answered it's being turned into some kind of conspiracy because season ticket prices have been announced . It's quite incredible. So you are another who won't buy a season ticket until you know who the manager is. I find that strange then again it's your choice mate.

It's hard for fans to shout from the rooftops about how they want to see better quality players at the club, and then say the gate prices are too high. Can't really have it both ways I'm afraid.

I don't have major issues with the price, yes I would like it cheaper but it's about fair.

My issue is with how the club spends the money. We hired a manager last season where everyone knew from the outset it was a extremely risky appointment, particularly over a 2 year contract without interviewing other candidates, and then are stuck paying him off. We give Jim Goodwin a coaching role, only to remove him from it during the season following disciplinary issues. We started the season with gaps all over the squad, particularly up front and at centre half. Players we signed were on the whole of poor quality, why does this not happen at St Johnstone and Inverness to the same regularity as with us? We've paid players out of their contract yet again this season.... I'm sure I could add more if I thought about it.

The board have been good custodians of the club in so much as they keep us trading and solvent, but each season we get the story about budget being cut and living within means and I get that... but we throw away tens of thousands in shocking decisions made about recruitment. The board need to address where the money is being spent and start showing some better judgement about that. I'm genuinely swithering about going PAYG this season as the club seem incapable of spending money sensibly when they have a lump sum.

You always seem to be carrying a big cross up a hill these days with constant negativity . You don't get that board meetings are every so often not everyday. So planing for next season is right thing to do. Yourself and other fans were making a big noise that nothing was being done regarding getting a manager for next season now that has been answered it's being turned into some kind of conspiracy because season ticket prices have been announced . It's quite incredible. So you are another who won't buy a season ticket until you know who the manager is. I find that strange then again it's your choice mate.

It is indeed everyone's choice, and I certainly do not find it strange that fans are voicing concern about just leaping into buying an ST at this juncture without asking questions. madball just summed it up.

All guess work and fabrication above, and all wrong yet again.

It is indeed everyone's choice, and I certainly do not find it strange that fans are voicing concern about just leaping into buying an ST at this juncture without asking questions. madball just summed it up.

He just likes to disagree with my posts whatever they are, i wouldn't read too much into it.

He just likes to disagree with my posts whatever they are, i wouldn't read too much into it.

Poor answer me lord , I only speak the truth your history suggests a very negative out look. While I can understand the hurt of being relegated your constant rant against the board and rea I can't .

I don't have major issues with the price, yes I would like it cheaper but it's about fair.

My issue is with how the club spends the money. We hired a manager last season where everyone knew from the outset it was a extremely risky appointment, particularly over a 2 year contract without interviewing other candidates, and then are stuck paying him off. We give Jim Goodwin a coaching role, only to remove him from it during the season following disciplinary issues. We started the season with gaps all over the squad, particularly up front and at centre half. Players we signed were on the whole of poor quality, why does this not happen at St Johnstone and Inverness to the same regularity as with us? We've paid players out of their contract yet again this season.... I'm sure I could add more if I thought about it.

The board have been good custodians of the club in so much as they keep us trading and solvent, but each season we get the story about budget being cut and living within means and I get that... but we throw away tens of thousands in shocking decisions made about recruitment. The board need to address where the money is being spent and start showing some better judgement about that. I'm genuinely swithering about going PAYG this season as the club seem incapable of spending money sensibly when they have a lump sum.

some of you just don't get it. While the board have publicly said they take full responsibility for their mistakes they have also done correct decisions like letting you still support a club . Everyone makes mistakes the tall stand up and admit mistakes learn and move on. Unfortunately some can not forgive or understand that which is a crying shame. It should be about letting the name of St Miiren survive like a marriage through sickness and health. Roll on next season God bless the buds !

Well said that man .

Supporting a team is not about waiting to see if the board picks a manager that meets with every fans high standards ,

It should be for life .

If you can afford to , get your season ticket .

Edited by munoz

I too will be renewing,there was never any doubt about it BUT the BOD have made a monumental cock up of this season and their apology means nothing to me.

That recent AGM was an eye opener and I will never look at certain Board Members in the same way.A lot of respect was lost that evening.

If we are stuck with this BoD I suggest they get their finger out and get OUR Club back on track.