St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

Ian I appreciate your view but the last 2 results were achieved when we were relegated. Tbh if RC put 8 by us then we would have no complaints. We were poor. When needed, he was clueless as to how to compete when it mattered. The games against Motherwell and RC were embarrassing and proved to me that he is just not good enough at this time. He is no better than TC IMO and we need a fresh start with someone new. There is no guarantee with any appointment but what I have seen from GT scares me as much as TC. I have judged him on his buys and they have either bombed or have not been played.

Just feel Gary should be given a faire shoot at the job, to throw in an inexperienced guy on his first managerial appointment with the state our team was in was a big ask. Some throw in that he was assistant manager. I can only assume these posters don't understand the role of an assistant , assistants don't make decisions they follow orders.

Looking at the short list if true only Teale does it for me. I'm a Saints fan and will back whoever it is appointed. just wish the appointment will be made soon so we can move on and plan for next season

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Here's the shortlist take your pick!.....

Gary Teale

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Gus McPherson

Stevie Thompson

At the end of the day the guy that's just kept Alloa in the championship should still be our manager!

If that was the shortlist it would be Billy Davies all day long for me, no brainer!

Edited by Stevie88

Gary Teale

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Gus McPherson

Stevie Thompson

At the end of the day the guy that's just kept Alloa in the championship should still be our manager!

Gary Teale

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Gus McPherson

Stevie Thompson

Lennon under new system would have had us in playoff position twice so may well have been down a few years by now. So get over him move on.

New manager with teale at number 2 if he wants is the main requirmenet at the club just now. Fed up with people going on about Lennon.

Gary Teale

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Gus McPherson

Stevie Thompson

No Ian Murray? Thought he was getting an interview on Thursday.

From the list today I wouldn't ditch teale for any of them. I would however appoint an older head as director of football

That would be another wage when jobs are currently being cut.

A club of St Mirren's size and status doesn't require a Director of Football. If Teale cannot do it on his own (which, for me, all indications are that he can't), then why pay someone else to guide him as opposed to bringing someone in who might be more up to the task.

Makes no sense to me.

Gary Teale

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Gus McPherson

Stevie Thompson

I'm going to hate myself for this....

Source?

Gary Teale

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Gus McPherson

Stevie Thompson

Y is gus mcpherson on that list i highly doubt hes applied for job!

Going to make a prediction. Whoever gets the job will be someone that has hardly been thought of on here or possibly hasn't been mentioned at all. That's what happened the two times this board have made external appointments. When Tony Fitzpatrick got the boot everyone assumed it would be Campbell Money - instead we toyed with the disaster that was Mark Hateley before going for Tom Hendrie. Likewise, Lennon was barely a candidate until it emerged he'd been interviews and he was appointed two days later.

That's what will happen this time. Or we'll plump for Teale :P

Right, so no one actually knows the shortlist. Mods get this moved to Rumour Mill

To be fair,few people on here (self included) know what day of the week it is, so I'm not sure if this could be the criteria for shifting threads.

Just feel Gary should be given a faire shoot at the job, to throw in an inexperienced guy on his first managerial appointment with the state our team was in was a big ask. Some throw in that he was assistant manager. I can only assume these posters don't understand the role of an assistant , assistants don't make decisions they follow orders.Looking at the short list if true only Teale does it for me. I'm a Saints fan and will back whoever it is appointed. just wish the appointment will be made soon so we can move on and plan for next season

Like you Ian, I will back whoever is the manager. I am sure there will be a few others interviewed but the Board have perhaps their toughest decisions in years. If they employ Gary and it goes wrong then I fear so e fans may vote with their feet. Others will be waiting before buying their season ticket so it's a waiting game.

Gary Teale

Billy Stark

Billy Davies

Gus McPherson

Stevie Thompson

That would be the guy who also lost 3-1 in the first leg? Don't dislike Danny but he made as many rank signings as Craig and Teale have done. His time was up so no point speculating what if scenarios. Just remember how shit we were after the cup success and the awful run we had under Danny.

None of the four names on the alleged " Shit List"..!

James Fowler QOS took his side to a hairs breadth of the play off final on a feckin shoestring!

I would go for him if there was any chance he would take it.

If the board had any sense they would have put the feelers out for this guy, compo for QoS wouldn't be excessive i would think? Depends on his contract really.

If the board had any sense they would have put the feelers out for this guy, compo for QoS wouldn't be excessive i would think? Depends on his contract really.

Don't know QOS have a bigger stadium than us, home crowds not far off 3,000 so they are not exactly much smaller than us yet you think they might let there manager go to come to a competitor in the same league. Me does not think so

That would be the guy who also lost 3-1 in the first leg?

The game was scheduled to last a minimum of 180 mins.Alloa won 4-3 after being 3-1 down at HT.

To me that is a great result for DL and his team.