St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

I love how the "winning formula" phrase is being used for Teale. We have won 2 games both with very late winners against 10 men (1 a pen) and in one of those games we were extremely fortunate to still be in the game when we won the pen. It's hardly a winning formula in my eyes. Yes good to win a couple of games but the result before was a 3 zip pumping at a ground we traditionaly did well at.

You do realise that makes Murray look even worse when we could be facing two of those teams next season and could also be 24 goals negative if he keeps up his current level of coaching!

Thats a shocking stat and identifies why no one else has given him the time of day.

You do realise we're not Dumbarton? He would actually take over at St Mirren, with the players we have and the budget we have.

To be honest, I'd probably prefer Teale to stay over those mentioned, but wouldn't be unhappy with Murray as manager peronally. He has shown up pretty well with a small club, keeping them in a division containing many clubs far bigger than them.

This chat about hearts, hibs & rangers being too big for the champs is not true btw.

Hearts & hibs were both relegated. They were relegated cos they were shit.

Rangers finished behind them this season cos they r even more shit!

Queen of the south r part time and they've managed to do ok.

I'm with lord pityme.

Murray has done ok in the champs but what he has done is no indicator that he could have us challenging for promotion.

Darren young for me.

This chat about hearts, hibs & rangers being too big for the champs is not true btw.

Hearts & hibs were both relegated. They were relegated cos they were shit.

Rangers finished behind them this season cos they r even more shit!

Queen of the south r part time and they've managed to do ok.

I'm with lord pityme.

Murray has done ok in the champs but what he has done is no indicator that he could have us challenging for promotion.

Darren young for me.

Because they were deducted 12 points.

You do realise that makes Murray look even worse when we could be facing two of those teams next season and could also be 24 goals negative if he keeps up his current level of coaching!

Thats a shocking stat and identifies why no one else has given him the time of day.

Different team, different defence, full time club. Cannot compare Dunbarton's defence against our own as Murray, is manager and we do not know who will be our defence.

You do realise we're not Dumbarton? He would actually take over at St Mirren, with the players we have and the budget we have.

To be honest, I'd probably prefer Teale to stay over those mentioned, but wouldn't be unhappy with Murray as manager peronally. He has shown up pretty well with a small club, keeping them in a division containing many clubs far bigger than them.

He or god willing a real coach will have the players that are left when the out of contracts leave. Geezer on here thinks we cant compete with QOS so why would he automatically do better in the same division against Rangers, Hibs or Motherwell just because he's come up the cart?

Different team, different defence, full time club. Cannot compare Dunbarton's defence against our own as Murray, is manager and we do not know who will be our defence.

Murray's record is howling, and the stat above says it all. If the clubs aim is to be promoted next season, how on earth will that be achieved by a guy whose expertise and tactics shipped 79 goals, with a WHOPPING 24 against the very clubs you would be fighting for promotion against?

P.S. I do get Murray has a few mates on here talking him up, hope everyone else gets that too (SGG)!

Murray's record is howling, and the stat above says it all. If the clubs aim is to be promoted next season, how on earth will that be achieved by a guy whose expertise and tactics shipped 79 goals, with a WHOPPING 24 against the very clubs you would be fighting for promotion against?

P.S. I do get Murray has a few mates on here talking him up, hope everyone else gets that too (SGG)!

FFS!

I have just received a text message from a very very reliable source informing me that the St Mirren board will now no longer be interviewing Lee Sinnott as they have already come to to deal in appointing Jamie Fullarton as manager, they are just finalising personal terms with Jamie, and he will be unveiled as the new St Mirren manager at a press conference on Friday morning at 10, the story will be released to the media on Thursday evening.

I have just received a text message from a very very reliable source informing me that the St Mirren board will now no longer be interviewing Lee Sinnott as they have already come to to deal in appointing Jamie Fullarton as manager, they are just finalising personal terms with Jamie, and he will be unveiled as the new St Mirren manager at a press conference on Friday morning at 10, the story will be released to the media on Thursday evening.

Fullarton's Fannies.

Will he be wearing the new strip ?

This argument is ridiculous, I have a mate who plays for Dumbarton, has done for 3 years, is in the first 11 every match. he works full time 9-5 mon-fri, trains twice at night a week and has a game on a Saturday. It is unthinkable that Ian murray could have done more last season than finish 7th and safe. Talk about punching above your weight, hibs, hearts, Rangers, the training complexes, budgets, and quality at their disposal, of course they were supposed to batter the lesser teams. Rank Ian murray against managers/teams on the same budget, and part-time. Answer?? Top of the pile, highest positioned part time club in scotland!!!

I love how the "winning formula" phrase is being used for Teale. We have won 2 games both with very late winners against 10 men (1 a pen) and in one of those games we were extremely fortunate to still be in the game when we won the pen.

A classic "Aye but...." post.

Brilliant.

Can't even enjoy 3 wins out of four without focussing on the negatives.

When we win we are marginally less shite than them.

When other teams win we are shite.

Either way it's negativity all the way.

Serious question - why the f**k do you even bother with football when it makes you feel like this?

Edited by oaksoft