St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

Hendrie: imaginative appointment (back to back promotions with Berwick and Alloa)

Champions in style.

SUCCESS

Coughlin: lazy internal appointment

Awful season.

FAILURE

Gus: convenient internal appointment

Champions but dreary to watch.

SUCCESS

Lennon: imaginative appointment (back to back promotions with Cowden) SUCCESS

Highest league finish + Cup win.

SUCCESS

Craig: lazy internal appointment (backstabber?)

Awful season.

FAILURE

Teale: convenient internal appointment.

Motherwell 5-0, Ross County 3-0 - Make your own minds up!

FAILURE?

MY VERDICT

In the past a left field approach has worked wonders.

Making a difficult choice has more often than not led to success.

We should take a punt on a manager from the lower leagues.

I`n not sure about Murray.

What about James Fowler or Darren Young (if they`d take it)???

Edited by athens-saint

I won't be annoyed if it's true.

I won't be annoyed if it is Jim Jeffries, Ian Murray, or Derek Adams. I firmly believe we must stop the automatic promotions from within, and have a clean break and a new outsider coming in. I would place them in order of personal preference Murray - Adams - Jeffries, but I do believe the Jeffries rumour to be just that, a rumour.

I won't be annoyed if it is Jim Jeffries, Ian Murray, or Derek Adams. I firmly believe we must stop the automatic promotions from within, and have a clean break and a new outsider coming in. I would place them in order of personal preference Murray - Adams - Jeffries, but I do believe the Jeffries rumour to be just that, a rumour.

I was sure Jeffries had chucked it. I really don't fancy the idea of a washed up, best days behind him, former coach who is bored shuffling round the local garden centre with his missus, taking the job.

Everything is crossed here.

Aye, but isn't the concensus view that we will go for the 'cheap option' likely to be proven correct with a Jeffries appointment, while also not rewarding the man who lead us to meek relegation with the gig, and also ticking the box 'outsider coming in' with no dressing room alliegances?

Just saying like... Still think it's bullshit.

Jeffries would be an even worse appointment than Adams, Reid and Stark.

And that's saying something. How do you take Dunfermline from the top flight from the bottom half of league 1? Ask JJ!

Dunfermline fan at my work telling me they have been in dire financial trouble almost no money and ready to go bust. Difficult circumstances to manage a club

Dunfermline fan at my work telling me they have been in dire financial trouble almost no money and ready to go bust. Difficult circumstances to manage a club

Dunfermline in dire financial trouble? About to go bust?

Ah... Time for a beer and a cheeky wee packet of Hula Hoops. Any chance they could take Livingston with them?