St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

Not too sure on this one to he honest. Certainly a pretty big gamble. Our youngest manager ever at 34?

He's never managed at full time level, he has no network of contacts down south as he spent pretty much his whole career up here... And according to Dumbarton fans he isn't that keen on youth players. At least he knows the division I suppose..,

Might work might not, no real way of judging based on his career thusfar.

Either way, welcome to the funhouse Ian Murray.

Not too sure on this one to he honest. Certainly a pretty big gamble. Our youngest manager ever at 34?

He's never managed at full time level, he has no network of contacts down south as he spent pretty much his whole career up here... And according to Dumbarton fans he isn't that keen on youth players. At least he knows the division I suppose..,

Might work might not, no real way of judging based on his career thusfar.

Either way, welcome to the funhouse Ian Murray.

You can't have contacts in England if you have never played / managed there what utter tosh. I suggest you look at some of the players Murray has played alongside before coming away with nonsense like that. Every Saints appointment is a risk but this is needed. Fresh start, no internal baggage and an ambitious young manager. Pretty much all we could hope for.

You can't have contacts in England if you have never played / managed there what utter tosh. I suggest you look at some of the players Murray has played alongside before coming away with nonsense like that. Every Saints appointment is a risk but this is needed. Fresh start, no internal baggage and an ambitious young manager. Pretty much all we could hope for.

So you're saying having had a career and extensive contacts down in England is no advantage to a manager up here?

Utter tosh, I'm afraid. Just need to look at Butcher and the guys he picked up from down south to see the advantages of having good contacts down there.

Conceded 79 goals last season. Finished with goal difference of minus 43. Please someone tell me. Why we appointed this guy. Makes no sense

He kept his part time side in the league we are now entering - narrowly missing out on a play off spot in one of those seasons.

I think that just about covers it.

So you're saying having had a career and extensive contacts down in England is no advantage to a manager up here?

Utter tosh, I'm afraid. Just need to look at Butcher and the guys he picked up from down south to see the advantages of having good contacts down there.

Was it not Butcher's side kick who scouted they players and found some gems?

Either way contacts or scouting both have been things we have lacked for years.

Edited by Sergie's no1 fan

Conceded 79 goals last season. Finished with goal difference of minus 43. Please someone tell me. Why we appointed this guy. Makes no sense

You have got to give the guy a chance , bloody hell he has not even taken his jacket off yet.

Never said it wasn't an advantage but you don't need to have worked in England to have contacts there. He played alongside some top international players so I'm pretty sure he will have kept in touch with a few. And last time I checked Norwich was in England although he wasn't there too long.

TopCat. Murray played down south for Norwich.On the question of age I would have thought that Tony Fitz was very young when appointed as was Alex Miller.As for Dumbarton being part time with no deserve side it would have been well nigh impossible to blood youngsters apart from loanees.Welcome to the Saints Ian.