St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

BuddieinEK says Adams came over as being a nice bloke when he met him. I always thought he came over OK until County hit a really bad patch, and he seemed under real pressure and cracked up. I have no idea if he just lost the plot or if he is a knobhead all the time.

I met Gus a couple of times and liked him - but wasn't he a stubborn pain in the arse? Who knows.

If Adams was appointed our next boss, fine by me. Clean slate and a fresh start. If he got us moving in the right direction and was winding up the opposition by being our knobhead, again, fine by me. I would also give a welcome and a fair go to Jimmy Calderwood, Ian Murray, Mixu Paatelainen or indeed Billy Stark. Anybof them might just work out for us, like Yogi has worked out for ICT.

Billy Reid? No thanks. Thinking about Billy Reid's Accies v Gus MacPherson's Saints still brings me out in a cold sweat. Don't care if he's a knobhead or a good guy, please God, no.

Can you no tap yer big mucker Yogi?

European football is overrated anyway!

I think Teale has received some unfair criticism from some .

We lost Kenny McLean late in the last window which freed up that wage .

With that one freed up wage he was asked to work miracles .

He managed to bring in three or four players for that one wage .

We lost out on many players because of a lack of funds , or players not fancying a relegation battle .

If the players didn't fancy a relegation battle, then that very much is Gary Teale's fault. If Gary Teale couldn't even get his players to fight for survival, then why should he be our manager when we'll need fighting qualities to take on Sevco / Hibs / Queens / Morton / Falkirk / Ross C / Motherwell?

Fight, and going down looking like we gave a fcuk is the very least he should have managed. That he didn't even manage that, allied to his record and signings....

Shouldn't even be considered for the job next season. Harsh, aye, but that's my opinion.

It's Teale's fault that players didn't want to sign ?

I'd say that's harsh . 2 grand budget to work with .

I'm sure you must know you don't get much in terms of quality for that these days , let alone 4 or 5 players in to try and change things .

I'm not saying he should get the job . I just feel he's been up against it fro day one .

It's Teale's fault that players didn't want to sign ?

I'd say that's harsh . 2 grand budget to work with .

I'm sure you must know you don't get much in terms of quality for that these days , let alone 4 or 5 players in to try and change things .

I'm not saying he should get the job . I just feel he's been up against it fro day one .

I'm not arguing that if certain players didn't sign then that's Gary Teale's fault. Budget isn't an issue either. I was never expecting a miracle. Can only repeat why I think he should be nowhere near the job next season. Gus managed to dig out a couple of big performances. Players like Van Zanten, Murray, Ross and Broadfoot dug out big performances.

Our displays against Motherwell and Ross County were pitiful - and at Fir Park the BT Sport dressing room camera showed Gary Teale wandering around staring at the floor with his hands in his pockets, while the camera in the Motherwell dressing room showed an animated Barraclough drilling points across to his players, who were already cruising.

I am not saying Gary Teale should have been throwing teacups or kicking water bottles around, but surely to goodness he should have been able to do a bit better than rolling over and meekly playing dead?

I actually find it very hard to believe that A: The BoD have invited Gary Teale to apply for the job full time, and B: That Gary Teale actually believes he shouldn't have to apply, the BoD should know what they've already got.

It has to be a sick joke from both parties, no?

Thomson not a fan of Teale getting the job . Goodwin not a fan of Teale getting the job .

And people wonder why we got relegated .

It's very easy to point and blame .

It's got to be Teale's fault .

To add to this, if the Board think Gary is the easiest choice, wont rock the boat, everyone knows each other, we just carry on, same old same old, then they should leave too.

Club and team needs a clear out and fresh start.

It'll still be him that gets appointed. Think of the money the board will save on tea & biscuits by just going with the 'same old, same old' managerial recruitment process. Feck me Tommy got the job because he could swap gardening/bowls tips with them and tell stories about the auld days!

What we require urgently is a new management team in place to sort out which players are going and those staying.I see today Morton and Dundee have begun the signing process.

Morton also have a pre-season game fixed up against Rotherham. Newtonnnnn!-less Rotherham.

I'm not arguing that if certain players didn't sign then that's Gary Teale's fault. Budget isn't an issue either. I was never expecting a miracle. Can only repeat why I think he should be nowhere near the job next season. Gus managed to dig out a couple of big performances. Players like Van Zanten, Murray, Ross and Broadfoot dug out big performances.

Our displays against Motherwell and Ross County were pitiful - and at Fir Park the BT Sport dressing room camera showed Gary Teale wandering around staring at the floor with his hands in his pockets, while the camera in the Motherwell dressing room showed an animated Barraclough drilling points across to his players, who were already cruising.

I am not saying Gary Teale should have been throwing teacups or kicking water bottles around, but surely to goodness he should have been able to do a bit better than rolling over and meekly playing dead?

I actually find it very hard to believe that A: The BoD have invited Gary Teale to apply for the job full time, and B: That Gary Teale actually believes he shouldn't have to apply, the BoD should know what they've already got.

It has to be a sick joke from both parties, no?

To be fair Gary's record does speak for itself..... Feckin woeful, but i get his point in that, it didn't stop the previous manager getting the gig, so why bother with a selection process when the board go just go straight to what they know.

Thompson is certainly not a fan of teale getting the manger job also said the club was amateurish because of the way there dealing with contracts many players not heard anything

Amateurish compared to what? Stabbing your team-mate with a training pole? Makes absolutely no sense to offer guys new contracts when the new manager might come in and want them to go.

I see no reason why we couldn't have a decision made by the end of the month. Closing date for applications as the end of next week, interviews carried out the week after and appointment by Friday at the latest. Job done. Sadly I doubt the process will be that quick.

Tell what players Ross County paid transfer fees for under Derek's management? He took players like Britain and Carey from us for nothing both unwanted and arguably made them better.No-one can deny what Adams achieved at a small club like County.

County are and were funded by Roy McGregor.

Just because they don't pay transfer fees doesn't mean they don't pay over the odds wages.

Adams is a cheque book manager who was very unpopular with fans at County by the time he was fired.

It'll still be him that gets appointed. Think of the money the board will save on tea & biscuits by just going with the 'same old, same old' managerial recruitment process. Feck me Tommy got the job because he could swap gardening/bowls tips with them and tell stories about the auld days!

No no! Remember... SG said he was the best coach he'd ever worked with...

Would love to have heard Tommy tell SG 'tales from the auld days' when he had Hibs and Charleroi absolutely flying.

Thompson is certainly not a fan of teale getting the MANGER job also said the club was amateurish because of the way there dealing with contracts many players not heard anything

Was thommo put out because he had to play a sheep in the nativity play while teale was the baby Jesus?

I fear Teale may be a bit delusional. From the BBC article, he is quoted as saying:

"I don't think I have to make a formal application,"

"The board know me inside out. I've already stated my case - I would love the job.

"Do I need to go and apply for it? Probably not, because I feel I've done enough in five or six months to show what I'm doing more than you will get out of me sitting through an interview."

I've highlighted the bit in bold because I find it ridiculous - Teale's record in the past 5-6 months has been nothing short of dismal. We've won a small handful of games and been largely pumped in the rest, including the infamous Motherwell performance where he showed beyond question that he cannot motivate players to fight for survival. If he thinks he has shown he's good enough he needs a reality check - he's not.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got the job (easy/cheap option for our BOD) but he would be a dreadful permanent appointment in my opinion.

We need a new face, someone not connected with the club, who isn't jinxed, and who can give the whole place a boot up the arse.

I fear Teale may be a bit delusional. From the BBC article, he is quoted as saying:

"The board know me inside out. I've already stated my case - I would love the job.

"Do I need to go and apply for it? Probably not, because I feel I've done enough in five or six months to show what I'm doing more than you will get out of me sitting through an interview."

I've highlighted the bit in bold because I find it ridiculous - Teale's record in the past 5-6 months has been nothing short of dismal. We've won a small handful of games and been largely pumped in the rest, including the infamous Motherwell performance where he showed beyond question that he cannot motivate players to fight for survival. If he thinks he has shown he's good enough he needs a reality check - he's not.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got the job (easy/cheap option for our BOD) but he would be a dreadful permanent appointment in my opinion.

We need a new face, someone not connected with the club, who isn't jinxed, and who can give the whole place a boot up the arse.

I think it's pretty much obvious now that Teale won't be getting the job.

In fairness to Gary he won 20 points.

If Tommy had also done that we'd have been safe.