St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

I fear Teale may be a bit delusional. From the BBC article, he is quoted as saying:

"I don't think I have to make a formal application,"

"The board know me inside out. I've already stated my case - I would love the job.

"Do I need to go and apply for it? Probably not, because I feel I've done enough in five or six months to show what I'm doing more than you will get out of me sitting through an interview."

I've highlighted the bit in bold because I find it ridiculous - Teale's record in the past 5-6 months has been nothing short of dismal. We've won a small handful of games and been largely pumped in the rest, including the infamous Motherwell performance where he showed beyond question that he cannot motivate players to fight for survival. If he thinks he has shown he's good enough he needs a reality check - he's not.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got the job (easy/cheap option for our BOD) but he would be a dreadful permanent appointment in my opinion.

We need a new face, someone not connected with the club, who isn't jinxed, and who can give the whole place a boot up the arse.

One thing GT's statement reveals is that TC was a great coach after all - only he could have taught Teale to believe that he has done enough to get the gig full time.

If we are going to have arrogance like this about the place then please let it be displayed on the pitch next season via some decent football.

He's forgetting that for the most crucial games this season his team never turned up , in particular motherwell away which was a disgrace , I think all that he's shown is that he's not what we need and I would be stunned and disgusted if he got the job

Edited by gazmc83

Not necessarily "new",

This sounds like a veiled threat to me.

"We're looking to see what's out there, then we'll look at what Gary's done and try and do a comparison," Gilmour told BBC Scotland.

The manager will be who the manager will be whoever that is will get my backing. Looking forward to next season

We won't get fooled again......................whistling.gif

I think most of would agree Gary is a good guy and has been good for the club overall.

He should however not be our permanent manager.

A new guy with new ideas and no loyalty to any current players to ensure he gets 'real' effort from the guys willing to graft for a place in the team.

Despite relegation , the club is actually in healthy place overall and I think we will enjoy next season.I hope more of the young guys get a start.

New manager sorted within next fortnight , good clear out , fresh start.

Roll on next season.

Edited by whydowebother

I think most of would agree Gary is a good guy and has been good for the club overall.

He should however not be our permanent manager.

A new guy with new ideas and no loyalty to any current players to ensure he gets 'real' effort from the guys willing to graft for a place in the team.

Despite relegation , the club is actually in healthy place overall and I think we will enjoy next season.I hope more of the young guys get a start.

New manager sorted within next fortnight , good clear out , fresh start.

Roll on next season.

To be fair I don't think teale has showed any clique with any player. He has dropped Thompson and Goodwin at tines so clearly does have balls to make decisions

To be fair I don't think teale has showed any clique with any player. He has dropped Thompson and Goodwin at tines so clearly does have balls to make decisions

I think that's a fair point , but over last couple of seasons with the squads we have had we should of done so much better.

I'm not sure why we've done so poorly , I do think a fresh face is the way forward.

I think that's a fair point , but over last couple of seasons with the squads we have had we should of done so much better.

I'm not sure why we've done so poorly , I do think fresh faces is the way forward.

Can't get any fresher than the kids.