St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

a point that i would like to bring up is mcginn was not playing well for months but was not dropped or rested

until he got hurt , defence leaked goals ,as manager he is weak when hard decisions were required

he bottled it ,just a coincidence but cheesey out ,mcginn out ,goodwin out ,

team start playing better and winning ,too little too late

not good enough to be our manager

I'm not sure he had a lot to lose to be honest. I don't think the team that played on Saturday would have lost in the manner we did in the two horror shows v Well and RC. Baird looks a better CH than Cheesey, Goodwin or Genev so imo should have been used much sooner. Perhaps internal politics played a part we don't know but that's all down to a manager to manage. The spear throwing incident again didn't reflect well on management. Any managerial appointment is a risk but all it would need is a bad start and Teale would instantly be under pressure and the board would be left contemplating yet another contract terminating pay off which we really cannot afford. A new coaching team with fresh ideas to compliment our emerging young players is the way forward.

I thought Wylde was a waste of space on Saturday and contributed nothing.

1eye.gif Really? What is the point of this forum at all?

To express opinions and to discuss all things related to Saints with a dash of bollox thrown in.

Doesn't stop fans from being clueless though when it comes to tactics, signings or finance.

You can add clueless about the basic rules of the game while I'm at it.

I can give you a short quiz to prove it if you really want to but TBH I thought my point was reasonable enough.

Edited by oaksoft

Good to see that you've realised that you're clueless.

You know I do believe you are starting to get the idea.

Think of it as me knowing my limitations as regards the financing, tactics and signing processes of the game and behaving accordingly.

That's why you'll rarely see me have a go at those running our club or those managing the team or playing the game.

I know my limitations.

Do you?

To express opinions and to discuss all things related to Saints with a dash of bollox thrown in.

Doesn't stop fans from being clueless though when it comes to tactics, signings or finance.

You can add clueless about the basic rules of the game while I'm at it.

I can give you a short quiz to prove it if you really want to but TBH I thought my point was reasonable enough.

You are of course right... You are without doubt the most knowledgeable poster on the forum, without a doubt.

You know I do believe you are starting to get the idea.

Think of it as me knowing my limitations as regards the financing, tactics and signing processes of the game and behaving accordingly.

That's why you'll rarely see me have a go at those running our club or those managing the team or playing the game.

I know my limitations.

Do you?

If I knew my limitations I would be able to stay sober more often.

Mark Donaldson @DonaldsonESPN 32m32 minutes ago

Gary Teale and Dumbarton boss Ian Murray are two of four candidates who'll be interviewed on Thursday for the St Mirren manager's job.

Murray should have been appointed 12 months go , his freshness and ambition would have been a far better option than Craig !

Edited by billyg

Murray is the only candidate of those 4 in a job. If they desperately wanted one of the other 3, why not meet with them informally for discussions? If Murray applies for a post, attends an interview and is offered the post, does that make his compensation position with Dumbarton easier?

If it is those 4, I'm praying that Ian Murray's impressive record on a small budget at Dumbarton, his knowledge of the Championship and players in the lower leagues and his lack of any sort of history with us, will see him appointed as manager. It's time to have a clearout of the experienced pros and start again.

Mark Donaldson ‏@DonaldsonESPN 32m32 minutes ago

Gary Teale and Dumbarton boss Ian Murray are two of four candidates who'll be interviewed on Thursday for the St Mirren manager's job.

Murray should have been appointed 12 months go , his freshness and ambition would have been a far better option than Craig !

WTF(ont)?

My top 4.............

1. Tealey

2. Adams

3. Murray

4. Stark

1 minute you didn't want teale now you want him because he has won a couple of meaningless game?

He relegated us, had his chance and blew it.

An outsider in please, huge clearout from top to bottom required.

1 minute you didn't want teale now you want him because he has won a couple of meaningless game?

He relegated us, had his chance and blew it.

An outsider in please, huge clearout from top to bottom required.

Where did I put that " The Grumpy Thread " ? lol.gif

What a shitey list

Looks like the BOD have duped us again

Tealey job it looks like

By all accounts, it was all the usual names who applied. I've mentioned before that we just don't have a huge wealth of names in Scotland. Murray appears the best of the 90/00's former players who aren't retired/in media/selling stories to pay debts. We need someone who won't be like "right, no bull Stewart. I like 4-4-2...what's my budget?".

Murray is the only candidate of those 4 in a job. If they desperately wanted one of the other 3, why not meet with them informally for discussions? If Murray applies for a post, attends an interview and is offered the post, does that make his compensation position with Dumbarton easier?

If it is those 4, I'm praying that Ian Murray's impressive record on a small budget at Dumbarton, his knowledge of the Championship and players in the lower leagues and his lack of any sort of history with us, will see him appointed as manager. It's time to have a clearout of the experienced pros and start again.

His compensation is minimal. Was written into his contract when he signed that new deal if a full time team comes in for him he can go without any fuss.

In order, I'd go Murray (despite the fact he's just a baby) > Adams > Teale > Stark.

Not keen on Stark getting the gig at all, and I wouldn't give it to Teale. Would be reasonably happy with Adams, though as discussed above, he is a c**t. I'm happy to be a full-on hypocrite if he's our whinging, whining c**t, though.

Murray has done a good job with Dumbarton. Last year he almost got them into the play-offs and while this season wasn't as good, it was a tougher league and he's working with very limited resources. A comfortably safe seventh is about the most they could have achieved.

Would be delighted if we got him. If the other three names being mentioned are the shortlist he's my pick. Dunno what he's like with youngsters though.