St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

You think shipping 79 goals and being nearly 60 points off the pace looks good on a CV..? Are you SGG in disguise?

For a part time team in a full time league? I reckon survival under the circumstances looks good on a CV. I reckon taking charge of a club last season who were bottom and stranded at the halfway point and ending up mid table by the end of the season also looks good.

There will be spankings along the way, that's part and parcel of part time football. Your assertion of how far off the pace they were is ridiculous. Even on an absolute glory run, the odds of anyone guiding a team of guys who work all day and train together for an hour or two, couple of nights a week to so much as a playoff place are remote at best.

Teale struggles to speak properly and make any sense, cheerio and no thanks, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Hopefully the board can't make the same mistake again going with the cheap and easy option.

That last sentence is the best one liner of the year. Send it to Tim Vine he'll surely win the best gag with it at the Edinburgh festival again.

For a part time team in a full time league? I reckon survival under the circumstances looks good on a CV. I reckon taking charge of a club last season who were bottom and stranded at the halfway point and ending up mid table by the end of the season also looks good.

There will be spankings along the way, that's part and parcel of part time football. Your assertion of how far off the pace they were is ridiculous. Even on an absolute glory run, the odds of anyone guiding a team of guys who work all day and train together for an hour or two, couple of nights a week to so much as a playoff place are remote at best.

Theres a guy at. Alloa who seems to have worked some genuine magic in a very short period of time.

What do you mean by "bankrolled"?

You will find that Ross County's player budget over the last few seasons has been on a par with ourselves.

County for the last few seasons have chosen to invest in January if they are in trouble - they have then gone on runs that have taken them away from trouble,

We have had a number of senior pros on large basic wages - Teale, Goodwin, Thommo, Mair, Harkins, Grainger, Van Zanten, Kello, McGowan, Imrie, McAusland, Tess, etc

Some of these we had to pay-off early and then they joined other clubs.

Teale has managed 3 starts this season and 7 last year - and yet he is has another year playing contract.

That is madness. It is no wonder we have been losing money over the last few years.

Guys like Teale and Goodwin are past their sell-by date. No doubt we will "mutually" agree compensation with these two and who is "bankrolling" that?

I tell you who - the mugs like you and me who buy the Season Tickets.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ross-county-chief-roy-macgregor-5689457

The guy is a multi multi multi millionaire.

County signed plenty of guys last summer, let them go and signed plenty more better ones in January. We can't compete with that ( and didn't ).

Adams was responsible for doing exactly what our previous managers done and the same outcome happened, the only difference was County could afford it.

Plus the fact Adams is a complete weasel I don't want him as manager. If he gets the gig however, I'll get behind him.

Who has interviewed Murray and rejected him for being 'rank'? Which Scottish clubs who actually required a manager had a look at him and said no thanks? When we appointed Danny Lennon, why weren't we fighting off Aberdeen, Dundee United or Hibs types for his services?

Well the clubs he allegedly applied to like Hibs, County, ICT, Motherwell, Hamilton all rubber eared him. Danny was on the radar of one or two premier league clubs, we actually had a bit of foresight and signed a young manager that was winning stuff in the lower leagues, rather than appoint another dud from within. Danny was also allegedly invited to apply for the Hibs job before Butcher, but they went with the big Name.

Any other info required?

Personally, I'd say keeping a part-time team in the Championship regularly is a better achievment than winning promotion into the same division.

If Murray had Dumbarton promoted into the Premiership, he'd be getting linked with much bigger jobs than us - in that scenario he'd be working miracles with that size of team.

Look at it this way; Gilmour has stated its the club's aim to be promoted next season. So if thats your aim who do you get to guide the team to that aim?

A promising young manager winning stuff in a lower league?

A safe pair of hands auld yin who's done it before?

Or a Guy whose followers openly admit has done well to not get relegated from the league your aim is to win?

That said if he is cheaper than Tealzo i would expect him to get the gig and make good on his promise to take us out of that league. Watch out Ayr, Peterhead and Brechin the BAWA are coming down the road!

Edited by Lord Pityme

You think shipping 79 goals and being nearly 60 points off the pace looks good on a CV..? Are you SGG in disguise?

I'd love to see Dumbarton's budget compared to the teams you are using as a yardstick. He has worked wonders at a club with a support in the hundreds playing teams massively bigger in all aspects. Next you will be telling us that the likes of Real or Barca only win the Ch league as there were 127 worse teams competing......your argument could be used to describe every competition in every sport on this earth.

Who do you think we should be appointing ?????

I'd love to see Dumbarton's budget compared to the teams you are using as a yardstick. He has worked wonders at a club with a support in the hundreds playing teams massively bigger in all aspects. Next you will be telling us that the likes of Real or Barca only win the Ch league as there were 127 worse teams competing......your argument could be used to describe every competition in every sport on this earth.

Who do you think we should be appointing ?????

None of the four names on the alleged " Shit List"..!

James Fowler QOS took his side to a hairs breadth of the play off final on a feckin shoestring!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Well the clubs he allegedly applied to like Hibs, County, ICT, Motherwell, Hamilton all rubber eared him. Danny was on the radar of one or two premier league clubs, we actually had a bit of foresight and signed a young manager that was winning stuff in the lower leagues, rather than appoint another dud from within. Danny was also allegedly invited to apply for the Hibs job before Butcher, but they went with the big Name.

Any other info required?

Any other info required!? Naw, you covered it 'allegedly'. I also allegedly applied to shag the arse off Kylie when she split wi' Michael Hutchence...

Who has interviewed Murray, didn't like what they heard and went for someone else?

I think we have picked up on you not rating what he has done with Dumbarton, and you commented on Alex Neil actually winning something. Just what should Murray and a part-time Dumbarton have actually done, in a league with Hearts, Hibs, Sports Direct Works XI, Queens, Falkirk and Raith?

By the way, I am not lauding Murray as an overlooked Jose Mourinho genius or the next Bill Shankley. He's a young manager at a part time Scottish Championship lower-reaches side. If we do appoint him it could work our well or badly, same as any appointment. Butcher - good at some clubs, not others. Yogi - good at some clubs, not others. You get my drift. What he has 'achieved' at Dumbarton I don't think is cause to say he's rank and should be nowhere near St Mirren - which I think is what you said.

Lennon managed Cowdenbeath to successive promotions from the bottom two leagues. He never managed in the second tier and came straight to us. Would he have kept Cowdenbeath up in the 1st Div/Championship? No-one knows the answer to that, but I'm not sure how you can compare a manager who had an element of success at lower levels, with one who has fairly comfortably kept a part-time club in the second tier for three years. You're comparing different clubs at different levels with different targets and expectations.

Darren Young won League 2 with Albion Rovers in his first season. Is he a better manager than Ian Murray becuase he's won something?

Look at it this way; Gilmour has stated its the club's aim to be promoted next season. So if thats your aim who do you get to guide the team to that aim?

A promising young manager winning stuff in a lower league?

A safe pair of hands auld yin who's done it before?

Or a Guy whose followers openly admit has done well to not get relegated from the league your aim is to win?

That said if he is cheaper than Tealzo i would expect him to get the gig and make good on his promise to take us out of that league. Watch out Ayr, Peterhead and Brechin the BAWA are coming down the road!

Any other info required!? Naw, you covered it 'allegedly'. I also allegedly applied to shag the arse off Kylie when she split wi' Michael Hutchence...

Who has interviewed Murray, didn't like what they heard and went for someone else?

I think we have picked up on you not rating what he has done with Dumbarton, and you commented on Alex Neil actually winning something. Just what should Murray and a part-time Dumbarton have actually done, in a league with Hearts, Hibs, Sports Direct Works XI, Queens, Falkirk and Raith?

By the way, I am not lauding Murray as an overlooked Jose Mourinho genius or the next Bill Shankley. He's a young manager at a part time Scottish Championship lower-reaches side. If we do appoint him it could work our well or badly, same as any appointment. Butcher - good at some clubs, not others. Yogi - good at some clubs, not others. You get my drift. What he has 'achieved' at Dumbarton I don't think is cause to say he's rank and should be nowhere near St Mirren - which I think is what you said.

I refer you to my post above. You get what you pay for normally.

Lennon managed Cowdenbeath to successive promotions from the bottom two leagues. He never managed in the second tier and came straight to us. Would he have kept Cowdenbeath up in the 1st Div/Championship? No-one knows the answer to that, but I'm not sure how you can compare a manager who had an element of success at lower levels, with one who has fairly comfortably kept a part-time club in the second tier for three years. You're comparing different clubs at different levels with different targets and expectations.

Darren Young won League 2 with Albion Rovers in his first season. Is he a better manager than Ian Murray becuase he's won something?

Yes he is, because he has taken a team through a complete season and reached their goal of promotion! What we are being fed is Ian Murray is the man because his team haven't been relegated! How did that work out for Danny and Gus..?

Yeah but Alex Neil WON stuff, like promotion, this guy is another bottom feeder.

Alex Neil inherited a good squad at Hamilton plus being a long serving player had a good knowledge of how to get the best out if what he inherited. He won promotion with a FULL time club with more resources than Dumbarton. Also he did not win the league but a play off.

Calling another young manager a bottom feeder is ridiculous. No matter their goals against, they won enough points to stay in the league. If we had survived would you refer to GT as a bottom feeder? Dumbarton operate on limited resources a and any manager that can keep them in the second tier of football is not bad in my view.

Any other info required?

And that is the crux - "allegedly" applied. We have no idea whether he applied while under contract with his current club. Time we let the Lennon period go.