St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

I completely agree with what he's saying and thought the same when the statement was made earlier in the week. If the board want to make him manager, appoint him. If not, cheerio. What are they going to learn in an interview that they haven't learned in the last six months?

Could be this was the board's plan, rather than making us think they weren't appointing him just before season ticket renewals come out. They give him the chance to apply, he doesn't take it and tough luck, you've had your chance.

Gary will not be our manager.My money is on Derek Adams.Don't really like the guy as a person.You can't argue however where be brought County from.I think he would be a good fit.

Considering he's not really one for developing youth players, I doubt it.

Tell me this how can you bring young players to what is no more than a village team in what is a fairly poorly populated area.They have done fairly well with the likes of McKay-Steven and the boy Cooper both going to Liverpool.They now have the talented local lad Dingwall in the first team.Along with Adams's dad they did set up an Acadamy but it could take years to bear fruit.Quite frankly few of us a actually realise how difficult it is to attract players to the Highlands.Of course our keeper Ridgers is a product of County's youth set-up.

Tell me this how can you bring young players to what is no more than a village team in what is a fairly poorly populated area.They have done fairly well with the likes of McKay-Steven and the boy Cooper both going to Liverpool.They now have the talented local lad Dingwall in the first team.Along with Adams's dad they did set up an Acadamy but it could take years to bear fruit.Quite frankly few of us a actually realise how difficult it is to attract players to the Highlands.Of course our keeper Ridgers is a product of County's youth set-up.

It's actually a lot easier than you think. County's model, as the progressed through the leagues, was to sign players from the central belt who were in the 'last chance saloon', with the sell being to move away and concentrate solely on football. It worked very well for them. They also pay whacking great wages...

I also wouldn't great Derek Adams for the youth set up. His dad perhaps, but definitely not him.

They actually have pretty impressive youth facilities, as they are part of the Highland youth academy along with ICT and have an indoor pitch.

http://www.highlandfootballacademy.co.uk/about/

http://www.highlandfootballacademy.co.uk/about/Gallery/

Cheerio Gary: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32741957

We weren't 8 points behind Motherwell or 11 behind Ross County when you took over. After a decent showing in December and January we have been shocking in February, March and April and your January - March signings have been unable to improve a terrible squad put together by Tommy Craig.

how do you know he is gone

For my money, this is a smart move. No-one of any repute is in for the job and Teale at least has the experience of being in charge at Paisley. You would have to know who else actually applies before declaring GT a goner

If saints want him, they will make an offer regardless of whether he applies or not. By not applying but still showing his interest and desire he is putting himself forward and will have a strong hand if appointed

a load of uninformed shite being posted on here today

and a load of armchair experts declaring that GT is not the man.

you have to remember that the board are seeing what he does day-in day-out with what is acknowledged to be a shite squad.

GT has given a start to some good young players this year, being brave enough to discard the underachieving senior players or challenge themto do better

i would not bet against GT getting at least a short-term deal

Edited by beyond our ken

you have to remember that the board are seeing what he does day-in day-out with what is acknowledged to be a shite squad.

GT has given a start to some good young players this year, being brave enough to discard the underachieving senior players or challenge themto do better

He assembled most of the shite squad so gies peace.

It's no more uninformed than any statement the board made about Tommy Craig. Teale is not the man for the job, end of discussion.

Yes and we must not forget it was Gary who recommended we brought Calum Ball to the club being down to his Derby connection.I feel Gary may well be our No 2 failing which he should complete his coaching badges and perhaps take the managerial reigns at a smaller club to learn his trade.

more proof that the discussion goes on

The board have seen him operating yet instead of giving him the job or telling him he'll automatically be considered, they've told him he has to apply. That tells me he won't get it (putting aside the theory they are putting off appointing him until they get the season ticket money).