Young Players Signing Up - Baird, Morgan Cuddihy

Yep he left because he didn't like the coaching and felt he was getting held back. Which he has proven right

And?

Big wowee.ohmy.png

Explain to me how "he has proven right" as you put it.

Steven Mallan, a player two years younger than Slater, who made two less appearances than him this year,scored the same number of goals.

Maybe if Slater had applied himself and not spat the dummy, then he might have achieved what Mallan has this season, a couple of years earlier and might not be playing for team slightly less shite than we were this season.

And?

Big wowee.ohmy.png

Explain to me how "he has proven right" as you put it.

Steven Mallan, a player two years younger than Slater, who made two less appearances than him this year,scored the same number of goals.

Maybe if Slater had applied himself and not spat the dummy, then he might have achieved what Mallan has this season, a couple of years earlier and might not be playing for team slightly less shite than we were this season.

He's proved it because he plays every week for a team that finished above us simple

do you get young player of the month for playing gash?

Slater is still in the premier league where are we think he made the right choice

That was last season.

There's plenty of guff players in the Premier League.

Killie fans have been critical of his performances this season and every time I've seen him this term he's been rubbish.

You'd think we'd missed out on Paul Pogba or something the way people bang on about him.

Tommy Craig hung him out to dry as he was switched all over the place

Pity as he looked promising pre-season out on the wing

Looks like he never recovered from that game

Saw him against Carlisle in pre-season and he wasn't ready for the Premiership (bit like most of Craig's signings). He played on the wing and we offered nothing down the right in the first half. Think the cross for the goal we scored came from the right but also have a feeling Teale was on by that point.

Can't recall seeing him again after that but wouldn't be surprised if the night he played at defensive mid ruined him. Would probably have benefitted from going out on loan as from the limited showing he wasn't ready for the top flight.

Edited by Stu

FFS

Adam is decent and probably has a future in the game. But this year he has slipped from knocking on the door of the first team to being totally out of contention for a place and behind Mallan, Mclear and Morgan in the chase for a place.

Now a young player's development is not a straight line and he could well go on to better things and I hope he does, but he wont get the game time he needs with us and I think it is in every ones interests that he takes his talents and develops them else where.

I'm sure Adam understands that and bears no one any ill will.

Why do these threads always turn into 1. A stupid attack on the youth players and 2 an equally stupid attack on our youth coaches.

ETA mad.gifargue.gif2guns.gif

Edited by insaintee

Yep he left because he didn't like the coaching and felt he was getting held back. Which he has proven right

The number of players who leave the club from the youth set up is probably in the 100s in the last, say, 5 years. If one of them goes on to better things it's hardly worth bothering about as some kind of failure at the club.

The number of players who leave the club from the youth set up is probably in the 100s in the last, say, 5 years. If one of them goes on to better things it's hardly worth bothering about as some kind of failure at the club.

Exactly. If the best of the players who've left us are Cairney and Slater then so be it. Not ideal but hardly a great loss.

I see Danny McDonald and Robbie Mitchell have been released

Must be great being a young forward at the club every season we get rid

Plenty of midfield or defenders get a chance to progress but no forwards

Not a positive view imo

Said it before but it's incredible how few strikers we seem to be able to produce. McGarry must be the last to establish himself in the team with bit part roles for guys like McKenna, McShane and Brady since then (Reilly started as a striker but seems to be a midfielder).

• 1 month later...

Is Lewis Morgan injured or demoted to the 20's? Not been involved in the first team yet either games or pics I've seen from training, thought he was excellent the final few games of the season, pace to burn and not scared to take on the full back.