John Mcginn

if op is correct then I would imagine the vermin would pay more than wigan,if its about playing every week I still think he should be looking at better than wigan ,I mean Caldwell has 7 weeks experience ,he could be worse than tommy craig ,,sorry that's toooo far

Edited by saltcoatsbuddie

On Wigan's official sight they are planning to beat Celtic to sign McGinn.Would hope we get decent money for him.Wigan have done all right by selling McCarthy and McArthur on to Palace and Everton.

You sure it's on their official site? Seen it on a few fans website but wouldn't have thought they'd announce who they were after or mention other clubs they're up against.

The McGinn of last season would stroll it in the Championship.

Yes the money will come in handy downside is that as he is out of contract then it will only be development compensation with no sell on clause. Hamilton did extremely well out of sell on clauses we have probably never had a player who has activated that clause.

Dont know whether it was the club that allowed McGinn to run down his contract or whether the player didn't cooperate. Certainly McGinn is a good football player so one would have thought that the club did its bit. Bit of a worry if young players don't feel any commitment to the acadamy as it's transfer fees that will keep it going and able to bring through young players In the future. Anyway McGinn doesn't want to stay and looks to be off at the first opportunity. Good luck to him.

Google Wigan FC under Transfer News.This carries the story and picture of John.

That is not wigans official site nor does it have anything to do with Wigan is just a news site that almost every English club has set up from a news company. So it's just a rumour. There is nothing on wigans official site

That is not wigans official site nor does it have anything to do with Wigan is just a news site that almost every English club has set up from a news company. So it's just a rumour. There is nothing on wigans official site

& that my friend, will be why this is in the............................ RUMOUR MILL !! tongue.pngrolleyes.gif

Considering the disappointing season McGinn has had off the back of his previous two, Wigan are a decent club for him to go to, who will be looking to bounce straight back up to the championship.

This will be a decent level to test himself at and I would expect him to be involved most weeks. You only have to look at how Connor Newton's career has taken a step backwards, playing for one of the smaller clubs in the championship.

Edited: I wonder if the development fee will put them off. Sheff Utd had bids knocked back last summer which was around half of what we should receive for a development fee.

Edited by kevo_smfc