John Mcginn

If Wigan do fancy paying 300k for him - and I hope they do - then they can't have seen much of him this season.

Based on his performances this season I wouldn't want my club paying 10% of that.

£3 million plus a selling on fee of 50%. The bargains end here is the summer mantra!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Motherwell are getting £500k from Leeds for Lee Erwin this is based on £60k per year since he has been with them just under nine years.I understand this is the Development Fee due for a cross border transfer.On that basis if John signs for Wigan we should be due £600k plus.

I'm sure we could do a deal for 160k to follow on from the McLean deal.

Apparently Motherwell are getting £500k from Leeds for Lee Erwin this is based on £60k per year since he has been with them just under nine years.I understand this is the Development Fee due for a cross border transfer.On that basis if John signs for Wigan we should be due £600k plus.

Lee Erwin has done well in the latter part of the season, but you couldn't even class him as a 'one season wonder' as yet. He's not big enough, strong enough or fast enough to be playing in the Championship down south. If he goes, he'll back at the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs in a year or two. He's the new Lee Miller/Jim Hamilton type, plenty of promise as a youngster but ending up a bit of a journeyman.

Lee Erwin has done well in the latter part of the season, but you couldn't even class him as a 'one season wonder' as yet. He's not big enough, strong enough or fast enough to be playing in the Championship down south. If he goes, he'll back at the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs in a year or two. He's the new Lee Miller/Jim Hamilton type, plenty of promise as a youngster but ending up a bit of a journeyman.

Yeh and he has a glass jaw !

Their is no doubt John McGinn is a good footballer, as was one of his brothers namely Stephen McGinn, unfortunately Paul was not as good, however if John McGinn goes to Wigan, which I think he will, he will have reached his heights in football and progress no further, indeed I would go so far as to say he, like his brothers will be back playing football in years to come for a club in Scotland and a lower end premier league team at that.

If he stays with us and wants regular football, he will certainly have to play a lot better football than he done for us in the2014/15 season.

Their is no doubt John McGinn is a good footballer, as was one of his brothers namely Stephen McGinn, unfortunately Paul was not as good, however if John McGinn goes to Wigan, which I think he will, he will have reached his heights in football and progress no further, indeed I would go so far as to say he, like his brothers will be back playing football in years to come for a club in Scotland and a lower end premier league team at that.

If he stays with us and wants regular football, he will certainly have to play a lot better football than he done for us in the2014/15 season.

Why would he want to go to Wigan when we're better than them. whistling.gif

All probably true...

But what relevance does any of it have to john mcginn?

:P

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Sunday Mail Hearts and Hibs are set to fight it out for John McGinn's signature. That means less money for his development fee if he does sign for another Scottish club. The most likely scenario from this will be the fee set by tribunal.

I hope it doesn't drag on and any deal is done and dusted in time for us to move on with strengthening our squad.