Jim Goodwin

We could not go out and buy a player like Jim Goodwin. He would be essential in a young team in the championship. Yes I have seen him make mistakes but I have also seen him play cracking games. Saints fans being Saints fans will only remember the bad and never the good. Our club is fully rooted to negativity. In some ways I understand the disappointment of relegation but it should never be forgot we have never been flying in the top league , always looking over our shoulder. Letting Jim Goodwin go would be like appoi9nting Tommy Craig as manager again for the championship

Did you notice anyone making basic mistakes, leaving huge gaps and blaming everyone else whilst Jim was missing from the starting eleven? No, neither did I. Jim's a myth, a clugger of a player with no ability to pass or adapt his game to hide his deficiencies. Sadly, those deficiencies are now glaring ones and I genuinely doubt he has the discipline to knuckle down, shut up and play his position. Edited by TsuMirren

Genuine question again for both you and Tsu...is this direct information from the dressing room or your thoughts? Happy to debate opinions...difficult to argue against fact...

Mine is all opinion, I don't have an in to the dressing room these days. I just watch Jim and he does appear like the guy at work who misses targets and blames others. The sort of guy who is allowed to believe his own hype or is in a position where you can't really do anything about it. This season has been a catalogue of errors, sending offs and just basic poor play. Jim isn't alone, but has had the most effect in my view.

Genuine question again for both you and Tsu...is this direct information from the dressing room or your thoughts? Happy to debate opinions...difficult to argue against fact...

I have heard the same especially about his performance on the pitch.

Every game is videoed and when played back his off the ball errors are highlighted,

Us fans see his challenges but half the challenges aren't needed and he is leaving other areas exposed because of this

If he stopped his headless chicken act he would certainly do a job but is he too old in the tooth to stop?

Mine is all opinion, I don't have an in to the dressing room these days. I just watch Jim and he does appear like the guy at work who misses targets and blames others. The sort of guy who is allowed to believe his own hype or is in a position where you can't really do anything about it. This season has been a catalogue of errors, sending offs and just basic poor play. Jim isn't alone, but has had the most effect in my view.

I can see where you are coming from with a number of points, but a lot comes down to perception. I totally agree his ill discipline at certain points has been inexcusable, but the fact he appears to lead the team when playing and is visibly committed has been the redeeming factor. I've been disappointed by numerous events but not sure Jim has been the biggest let down this season.

Performance yesterday was very good, but we do need grafters for next season. Time on the ball will be less and your guys will need a little more physical protection. I'm unclear who we can bring in to do this job when that will cost us as well as the money letting Jim go...

Don't get me wrong I take your points on board but I think when he screws the nut his positive attributes outweigh the negative. However adding the extra element of discontent behind the scenes I don't know what the best route out of the current situation will be...that said I would prefer he stays.

I have heard the same especially about his performance on the pitch.

Every game is videoed and when played back his off the ball errors are highlighted,

Us fans see his challenges but half the challenges aren't needed and he is leaving other areas exposed because of this

If he stopped his headless chicken act he would certainly do a job but is he too old in the tooth to stop?

I don't necessarily disagree but we need some bite with relegation. The youngsters are playing good football which is what we always should strive for, but treatment like McManus on Gow and the Spanish Archer El Bow are proof in themselves.

Munoz if someone is telling tales out side of the changing room then to me it sounds like they are the ones causing unrest. If he or you don't have the courage to put a name to the comments then he shouldn't say them and you shouldn't quote him, in my opinion. Sounds like "I'm just telling you this because your a mate" type shite that you hear in playgrounds, offices etc when all the person is doing is trying to cause problems.

I think jim is great. Difficult year for club due to decisions beyond players control. Hope he stays will do really well in championship. Just hope directors make correct decision on new manager and coaching staff. Stability required. I think we have the players to a job next yeaRs league

I think jim is great. Difficult year for club due to decisions beyond players control. Hope he stays will do really well in championship. Just hope directors make correct decision on new manager and coaching staff. Stability required. I think we have the players to a job next yeaRs league

Stability? Stability was the reason TC was appointed, doesn't always work out like that.

Doesn't look like he's going anywhere he's contracted for another year and says he determined to help rebuild the club

Best news I have

Doesn't look like he's going anywhere he's contracted for another year and says he determined to help rebuild the club

heard all week.

Now the ladies from the gossip page should shut up.

It would be simply NUTS to let Jim Goodwin go he is the type of player we are going to need around our youngsters. I hope he stays.

However you have to ask yourself why he has not been on the park lately obviously something between him and Teale ( speculation on my part )

you have to ask why he lost the coaching role

when answered you will know why he won't be here next year. the board believe the senior players were the problem this year and that is where the cuts will be made

you have to ask why he lost the coaching role

when answered you will know why he won't be here next year. the board believe the senior players were the problem this year and that is where the cuts will be made

I think the board would be right as the three guys they backed instead of backing Danny were Goodwin, Teale and Craig (Thommo to a certain degree too) yet all were posted missing for the majority of the season totally hanging the youngsters out to dry. They look to be the problem last year too, depending on what rumours you believed there was chat of 'senior player's running the team.

One of the reasons I felt we should have kept Danny was that he seemed to be able to help the younger players get into the first team and make an impact, it was Naismith and Kelly joining the first team last season that brought us results, the previous season it was wee John McGinn joining the squad that freshened up the midfield. I think giving him a couple more seasons and we could have had a full team of our own young players and we wouldn't have had the issues of signing shite senior players with attitude problems.

Would be very disappointed if Goodwin left. Was our best player after McLean for most of the season. Experienced, a leader and would be invaluable leading & protecting our young team.

It baffles me the stick he gets from some.

Fortunately he has a year left, so presumably he'll still be around.

Direct info for me .

Would be unfair of me to say who .

And so under those circumstances it's equally unfair to post those views on an open forum anonymously.

If you are going to post this stuff you must know the players read this forum because you are not stupid.

So to post unsubstantiated and obviously damaging stuff like this you're either working on an agenda or you are attention seeking.

Either name your source or stop posting stuff which you know Jim can't respond to.

That would be my advice to anyone who actually cared about our club.

You don't demonstrate your love for the club by doing things like you are doing, which are deliberately calculated to undermine and disrupt morale at the club any more than it already has been.