Jim Goodwin

Experienced, a leader and would be invaluable leading & protecting our young team.

Baffles me where you get that from.

He's experienced in that Scottish way of having played loads of games. I'd never heard of him before he signed for us. Not once did I notice him playing for Hamilton, hell I've never even signed him in Football Manager or FIFA and doubt I'd ever clicked on his page. Admittedly, I've noticed him recently. Moments such as "Why the hell is he getting in Genev's way?", "Where is our defence?" or even "Who's that grey chap pointing at others to pick up his man?".

Leading and protecting "Where were you? Why I'd left that huge gap isn't the point, or even why I'm shouting at a winger to have been covering the centre back position. Where were you?" *Point, glare, point, take a huff, point again*

You can also add the elbows on two United players and the cowardly smash to the back of Sutton at Fir Park as reasons for why he's neither a leader or able to protect anyone.

Edited by TsuMirren

Baffles me where you get that from.

From watching him play. You should try it.

He's experienced in that Scottish way of having played loads of games. I'd never heard of him before he signed for us. Not once did I notice him playing for Hamilton, hell I've never even signed him in Football Manager or FIFA and doubt I'd ever clicked on his page. Admittedly, I've noticed him recently. Moments such as "Why the hell is he getting in Genev's way?", "Where is our defence?" or even "Who's that grey chap pointing at others to pick up his man?".

Who cares whether you'd heard of him? What level of pish are you now posting here? Football Manager?? FIFA?? Hugely embarrassing stuff...

Leading and protecting "Where were you? Why I'd left that huge gap isn't the point, or even why I'm shouting at a winger to have been covering the centre back position. Where were you?" *Point, glare, point, take a huff, point again*

If you're going to put on a post attempting to debunk someone else's opinion, probably best to put some relevant content in there, rather than some sort of reconstructive garbage using silly imaginery quotes.

I eagerly anticipate you coming back with something that's more useful to the debate...

thumbup2.gif

Edited by Soctty

Jim's best position is a defensive midfielder covering the back four. In that area his job is to spot potential problems and go deal with them and I think he does that well. Unfortunately he tried doing that when he was a centre-half but that is not his best or preferred position. Mallan is a really good player in midfield but Reilly is not the answer. Give me Goodwin any time.

When he screws the nut he is a very good player for us. My only big doubt is the cliques that allegedly are around the Club. If that can be addressed then we will need him in the Championship.

Undermine and disrupt morale at the club ?

Don't make me laugh . There have been players doing this .

If they were to read this , I'm sure they would have very little to say , a guilty silence perhaps .

If you don't want to believe that all has not been rosy within the club ,

I suggest you stick your head back in the clouds .

I'm sure things will be resolved sooner rather than later .

If you're going to put on a post attempting to debunk someone else's opinion, probably best to put some relevant content in there, rather than some sort of reconstructive garbage using silly imaginery quotes.

I eagerly anticipate you coming back with something that's more useful to the debate...

thumbup2.gif

With Jim in the team we have looked easy to beat, disorganised, amateur, without ideas and seconds away from the heads of the entire team dropping in an instant. Without Jim in the team, more recently, we have at least looked organised and as if we're working as a unit. Jim has had numerous silly sending offs, I gave three examples above. He also constantly, not occasionally, loses his man, is out of position and exposes those around him. He needlessly gave away a corner versus Motherwell, he was absolutely incapable of tracking Commons in the recent home game versus Celtic (Commons was in the pocket, Jim was between our defence and the midfield) and he's even now at the point where he can't get there to make that "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, Goody, Goody" inducing tackle.

Heck, its my firm belief that the issues we've had this season begin with him. His blaming others, his lack of ability, his piss awful distribution, his disciplinary record and those God f**king awful floaty free kicks.

Tommy Turner or Andy Millen vs Jim Goodwin

No feckin contest.

Both Andy and Tam were far better players, hard as nails, and had good footballing brains.

Definitely some nostalgia clouding judgement there. Tommy Turner a far better player than Jim Goodwin? Tommy Turner was hopeless for us in the top flight and it was no surprise we went right back down with him and Scott Walker at the back. We conceded 70 goals and got 30 points that season, so far we have conceded 65 and also have 30 points with a game remaining.

Andy Millen is a more relevant comparison. He had some good like Jim, but also like Jim he had some shockers too.

I think Goody's time at the club is most likely up. However, I'm sure in the future our fans will look back on him far more fondly than we look back on Turner and Millen. Even at the weekend when he came out to warm up the West Bank started chanting his name. Don't remember that ever happening with Andy Millen...

I think Goody's time at the club is most likely up. However, I'm sure in the future our fans will look back on him far more fondly than we look back on Turner and Millen. Even at the weekend when he came out to warm up the West Bank started chanting his name. Don't remember that ever happening with Andy Millen...

This. They are certainly three players of a type - hard/dirty bastards, best position somewhere between defence and midfield as long as they don't need to run anywhere, Jim looks 45, Millen actually was 45...

However, I think in the cold light of day, Goodwin will come to be remembered very fondly indeed, if only for 17/03/13, turning down Hibs and giving Derek Adams an aneurysm.

Still got a year left on his contract IIRC, will be here next season unless somebody comes in for him - I'd expect him to be here next season.

If he can maintain the discipline he's shown since last misdemeanor -1 booking in 18 games then I'd be happy to have him next season. I'm not going to deny his deficiencies but how many of the Championship players he may be facing will be without a few of their own? Also if he does go I reckon we'll struggle to find someone as good (sic).

Even if a certain team don't get promoted?

Yeah, that occurred to me after I posted it. I'm convincing myself they're going to go up. Mainly because I've got myself looking forward to a Central Scotland, Dumfries and Galloway friendly family league love-in next season.

whistling.gif

Yes I know. What we don't need is unsubstantiated shit throwing on the forums making it worse.

We have a group of very young players and they don't need people like you doing this sort of thing.

If they were to read this , I'm sure they would have very little to say , a guilty silence perhaps .

If you don't want to believe that all has not been rosy within the club ,

I suggest you stick your head back in the clouds .

I'm sure things will be resolved sooner rather than later .

I don't think he was disputing things haven't been great, it was more to do with your approach. You talk as if you have the inside track on club matters and then won't share your source to validate your view.

At best this is mischief making and at worst it's a serious attempt to destabilise an already rocky situation. If the individual passing you the info is aware you're taking this approach then we'd be better of without him, particularly if it's a senior player who should know better.

This is the sort of sabotage Goodwin is capable of and why his contract should be terminated: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/buddies-boss-gary-teale-reveals-4993914

I may be wrong here Stu but were you not one of the many posters at the time that said this could be a good signing.; Maybe not but plenty did.

Ether way lets kick big Jim balls for helping out the manager in time of need. Unlikr your lucky self Jim and Teale could not see into the future

I may be wrong here Stu but were you not one of the many posters at the time that said this could be a good signing.; Maybe not but plenty did.

Ether way lets kick big Jim balls for helping out the manager in time of need. Unlikr your lucky self Jim and Teale could not see into the future

I really worry about you if you thought I was being serious with that post :lol:

And I was totally against signing Arquin,

This is the sort of sabotage Goodwin is capable of and why his contract should be terminated: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/buddies-boss-gary-teale-reveals-4993914

Great mind games from Goody.

Get Teale to sign a shite player, make GT look bad and blow his chances of getting the job and opening the door for himself.

It would have worked if it wasn't for those pesky kids!

"Is he any good Jim?" - "I've found him tough!" to which, Teale should have replied along the lines of "Is there a player alive who you don't find tough?". But no, he goes with Mr Bungle's recommendation and signs him.

"Is he any good Jim?" - "I've found him tough!" to which, Teale should have replied along the lines of "Is there a player alive who you don't find tough?". But no, he goes with Mr Bungle's recommendation and signs him.

No he didn't. Did you even read the f**king article before bashing your gums?

He got him in for a few days training and offered him a deal ONCE HE SAW HIM FOR HIMSELF.

No he didn't. Did you even read the f**king article before bashing your gums?

He got him in for a few days training and offered him a deal ONCE HE SAW HIM FOR HIMSELF.

Gums? I was using my keyboard, like the drenched pantied warrior that I am. Ooh, hang on, not abused you yet...erm, ya dick.