Alex Miller

Alex Miller on bbc sport sound saying he offered his services to St Mirren when tommy Craig was sacked , huge opportunity missed by the club think he could have kept us up , he says he never even got a response from the club

If you recall, the English consortium had offered to appoint the new man. Who knows what happened with Gilmour going on holiday, leaks, the Argie bid, texts and everything else. That said, to not even respond to Miller if true is just nonsense. "We're getting sold, just leave it..." then weeks later it's forgotten about or even not mentioned to suit agendas etc.

Alex miller talking a huge amount of sense today. Said thommo wanted job and so did teale and Goodwin which was unhealthy. He offered his services to put something back. He was happy to come in without any contract and work for a month to see if they liked him. Then he would work for same wage as tommy had without contract. I cannot understand why we could not have brought him in with teale instead of longwell?

Alex miller talking a huge amount of sense today. Said thommo wanted job and so did teale and Goodwin which was unhealthy. He offered his services to put something back. He was happy to come in without any contract and work for a month to see if they liked him. Then he would work for same wage as tommy had without contract. I cannot understand why we could not have brought him in with teale instead of longwell?

Totally agree.

Initially when he spoke about Sevco I feared senility had taken its toll... but that was obviously just his allegiances kicking in.

Not loved by all. Mark Fulton got a really hard time from him... but that experience could have been invaluable.

Mr Gilmour has to respond to this... either to deny it or add it to his list of this seasons fcuk ups!!!

my goodness, that looks to me to have been the biggest mistake of all made by the board.

Alex Miller could have organised the team, recruited good new players and got the best out of those already there.

He would most likely have got us in to at least the play off position.

I am failing to comprehend why his offer wasn't taken up.

my goodness, that looks to me to have been the biggest mistake of all made by the board.

Alex Miller could have organised the team, recruited good new players and got the best out of those already there.

He would most likely have got us in to at least the play off position.

I am failing to comprehend why his offer wasn't taken up.

Or even responded to... Edited by BuddieinEK

Just checked Miller age - 65 so presumably if he was selected we'd be looking for him to mentor either Teale or Thompson.

The big question would be how up to date his knowledge of Scottish lower league football is, whoever gets the job will have to work fast to get in the 3/4 experienced pros we need to bolster our young players.

One year deal - could do a lot worse!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Offering to come in at full salary is not a big favour. That's him asking for the job. He was shite first time round. Well done Mr Gilmour that's one bullet dodged.

Cup semi finals and top end of the top division. I'd settle for that kind of shite now!

He inherited a good side and then ruined it. Treated Marc Filton like a piece of shite. Also changed our attacking style of football. Don't rate this guy at all. Right up there with David Hay in my book.

Edited by magnus

He inherited a good side and then ruined it. Treated Marc Filton like a piece of shite. Also changed our attacking style of football. Don't rate this guy at all. Right up there with David Hay in my book.

He brought through some pretty famous names like Paul lambert and had us pretty steady in the top league , it was his team basically that won the cup , hardly "shite " Edited by gazmc83

He also bought Ian Ferguson to the club who was a big part of the Cup winning team and who we sold for big money

He had to get rid of the big earners as we were losing money over fist.

He got rid of these top players and still kept us safe in the top league when it was only 10 teams

Also good cup runs every season and European football also

Aye he was shite right enough