Alex Miller

Alex Miller has 32 more years of experience now...experience of man management, media friendly management, not wearing a Rangers top at training management!

....modern tactics and strategy from the highest level.....contacts all over the world.

I feel that those throwing up their arms in horror about AM coming back to St Mirren are the same people who railed against us signing these old, over the top, has beens from Rangers...Davie Cooper and Bobby Russell, aye and Craig Paterson too. They did alright for the club they did sign for!

Whether what Alex Miller is saying is true or not he did not need to go public with his claim. If he thought he might have had any hope of working with the club again then he can probably forget it now. No board of directors in the land would take on someone who has said what Miller said on the airwaves. Pity really because we could undoubtedly do with his experience now.

We were in a completely different place as a club when Miller was manager. We had players like Thomson, Clarke, Fitzpatrick, Scanlon, McDougall, McAvennie and then McGarvey, so we're not exactly comparing like for like. He started with us scoring 4 against Celtic and Dundee United, and we did qualify for Europe BUT after his blistering start, he became increasingly cautious and it was dire to watch. Crowds were regularly under 3,000 for home games for a team that was qualifying for Europe and finishing mid table at worst.

I laughed at the bit yesterday when he said that St Mirren don't have a goalscorer so they have to work on a system that brings goals. He had great goalscorers at his disposal yet managed to produce a team that struggled to score.

I took his offer of "giving something back" as recognising that no-one links with any jobs and that he had to do something to get back into the game. If he truly wanted to "give something back", I'm sure he's financially comfortable enough to do it without asking for a wage. He's a chancer and I'm amazed at the number of folk on here that think we've missed something by not taking him on.

I heard the discussion on the radio. Alex Miller said something along the lines of that he got someone close to someone at St.Mirren to sound them out and was a bit vague about the response. If I was to understand the answer he got was not direct to him, but he didn't say that he got no answer which hints that the answer may have come back via the same channels he used.

Is Alex Miller the last manager to be poached from us? The last manager not to be sacked, or "mutual consented"...?

hugely experienced, with a lot of good contacts.

Wouldn't mind having him back, with Teale alongside him, Longwell there too.

FIFY

Fergie set up our scouting network that uncovered some great finds. Over the last 15 years our club decided that this was not worth investing in.

We have never replaced Joe Hughes.

To be fair, Jack Gilmour and Maxie Gray were there long before Fergie. Bobby Reid & Tony Fitzpatrick were already at Love Street when Fergie arrived and said scouts had brought us Bobby McKean, Iain Munro, Gordon McQueen, Ally McLeod et al, not long before.

We don't have a scouting set up today. Scouting today consists of waiting to see who is released from Murray Park & Lennoxtown.

I laughed at the bit yesterday when he said that St Mirren don't have a goalscorer so they have to work on a system that brings goals. He had great goalscorers at his disposal yet managed to produce a team that struggled to score.

mmm

I remember a spell where we beat Rangers 3-0, Celtic 4-2 (after being 2-0 down) then champions Dundee United 4-0 (against a defence of Gough, Hegarty, Narey & Malpas).

Even when the great strikeforce of McAvennie, McDougall & Scanlon was away, I can remember us beating Hearts 5-2 on the last day at Love Street to qualify for Europe then beat Hearts 6-2 on the first home game of the following season... the same Hearts who almost won the league at the end of that season!

Miller's biggest f'uck up was of course Hammarby...

mmm

I remember a spell where we beat Rangers 3-0, Celtic 4-2 (after being 2-0 down) then champions Dundee United 4-0 (against a defence of Gough, Hegarty, Narey & Malpas).

Even when the great strikeforce of McAvennie, McDougall & Scanlon was away, I can remember us beating Hearts 5-2 on the last day at Love Street to qualify for Europe then beat Hearts 6-2 on the first home game of the following season... the same Hearts who almost won the league at the end of that season!

Miller's biggest f'uck up was of course Hammarby...

Getting beat 5-1 by Forfar and 2-0 by Cowdenbeath wasn't too clever either