shull

Been on two so far today.

The 101 from Barrhead to Paisley

And the 38 from Paisley to Cardonald

Both sparkling clean and nearly new.

Comfortable journeys.

Courteous Drivers.

Total cost - £3.95

The Company get a lot of flak, especially from Buddies on Facebook.

I've found them excellent.

Looking forward to the reverse journey this afternoon to pick up my Car from Barrhead.

10/10

You've most definitely lucked out there, they deserve all the negative comment they get. I've seen people caught in doors, doors closed in faces, drivers asking "are you on or aff" as someone struggles with a pram and all manner of other incidents.

Edited by TsuMirren

Comfortable journeys.

Courteous Drivers.

Total cost - £3.95

Looking forward to the reverse journey this afternoon to pick up my Car from Barrhead.

10/10

I used to get the 101 from Neilston Rd to Barrhead , ( then the 3 from Barrhead to South Nitshill ) to go to work, and never had any problems with them, in fact I found the drivers to be helpful and courteous, and the buses to be in good condition.

I used to get the 101 from Neilston Rd to Barrhead , ( then the 3 from Barrhead to South Nitshill ) to go to work, and never had any problems with them, in fact I found the drivers to be helpful and courteous, and the buses to be in good condition.

I don't know about good condition

Every day i go past at least a couple that have broken down

Also very hard to get a bus after 7pm and in some cases like Linwood no buses at all

Comfortable journeys.

Courteous Drivers.

Total cost - £3.95

10/10

ffs , not being much of an advocate for using the taxis then

Is this the same company that had red and grey buses running to Glenburn and Burrheed years ago.

Can also remember Greens buses who ran to hunterhill a long long time ago anyone remember them.

If its raining I use the Westcoast buses which is great put your hand out or ask to get off where there is no stop they oblige , one of the many delights of living in a small community.

Me and the wife were walking back once and a cab stopped , jump in its ok I am not charging im passing your way anyway. Spoke to a local taxi driver who was telling me he was going shooting deer. A few days later my door bell rings with the taxi driver at the door with a big bag of venison all butchers up ready for cooking. Just a different life style on an island best move we have ever made.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Guest TPAFKATS

They have nothing to do with the old McGill's - just stole the name. Were the green ones Cunningham's? There was a company by that name but I can't remember if they were green buses or not. Maybe one of the auld yins will know.

I'm sure the forum's Reg Varney will be along soon to keep us in the know.

They have nothing to do with the old McGill's - just stole the name. Were the green ones Cunningham's? There was a company by that name but I can't remember if they were green buses or not. Maybe one of the auld yins will know.

Correct on both counts.

There was also a company with blue and white buses called Patons.

They were from Renfrew IIRC.

I'm not that old. Honest.

The green buses to hunterhill were youngs buses i believe, patons' and cunninghams ran paisley to renfrew and vice-versa, all 3 of these companies had rather old buses whilst western smt usually replaced theirs regularly. I recall the patons' and cunninghams being blue and white and green and white respectively and also recall signage inside them relating to "london transport" so assume they bought second hand vehicles from london and across the uk.

McGills' as they are now have a bad reputation and i have heard a few stories of grumpy unhelpful drivers who also seem to give you tickets which are printed with a price that is much higher than you have paid for them, not ripping off customers directly but possibly gaining more funding from the relevant authority, certainly not money-laundering ?

Correct on both counts.

There was also a company with blue and white buses called Patons.

They were from Renfrew IIRC.

I'm not that old. Honest.

When St Cuthberts and Johnstone High had the shared campus in Johnstone , the green and white Cunningham buses picked up at St Cuthberts and the blue and white Paton's buses picked up Johnstone High , l kid ye not. .1eye.gif

14709717013_32bb5a728b_b.jpg

Edited by saintnextlifetime