Mark Ridgers

kevo_smfc

Wouldn't mind if he stayed. It's likely that Kello will leave, so we'll be getting another keeper in anyway. Whoever that turns out to be and Ridgers can fight it out for the number one jersey.

If Ridgers was to stay I would expect Dan Wilks to be the back up. Don't know if we could cover the cost of 2 experienced keepers. The other option may be that if Mathers has left someone like what Gal has done at Thistle by becoming the goalkeeping coach/back up keeper.

£750K and another £250K when he gets his first Scotland cap?thumbup2.gif

The bargains end here. Rotherham will pay 1.5 up front and 500k when he steps out his car into the car park at their stadium. Sg should be standing next to their chairman with his hand held card machine waiting for his foot to land.

Thankfully any teams interested in taking any of our players are unable to read our fans forums!!

All they'd see is

'he's Shite! Why do they want him!

Wouldnae think he's worth that!'

If someone wants to buy players from us we should be talking them up not slagging them off!

And some folks wonder why we never get decent transfer fees!

Edited by SBS

I LOVE tablet.

But it's shite at goalkeeping so this post is slightly off Topic.... unsure.png

I love tablet but when I moved to Ulster I thought it wasn't sold here. Took me years to discover it's sold here but they call it fudge. It's good. Could you eat a whole cake or bag of tablet at one go? A big ask. And I know this should probably be somewhere else.

I love tablet but when I moved to Ulster I thought it wasn't sold here. Took me years to discover it's sold here but they call it fudge. It's good. Could you eat a whole cake or bag of tablet at one go? A big ask. And I know this should probably be somewhere else.

Makes you wonder , what do they call fudge ?

Is there an Irish joke in there somewhere. . .

According to this Ridgers was one of the worst keepers in the SPL.

So now there is statistical evidence to back up the anecdotal evidence that he's rubbish.

Personally if it's an option I'd bin him. We can do better.

Looks mid table from my reading of it.

But what is does show is that we scorned chance after chance. Our conversion rate is 8% compared to the next lowest who is at 12%. If we had matched that fairly underwhelming rate we'd have got another 18 goals. That might have been enough to keep us up.

Marwood, Ball, Dury, Caldwell, Arquin, that's the reason we went down, not Ridgers or Cheesy, or Teale

Looks mid table from my reading of it.

Mid table? 10 of 11 other keepers (who have played >20 games) are above him. Which would suggest around 90% of SPL starters are better than Ridgers.

I didn't say he was the reason why we were relegated. I just said he wasn't very good. Which he clearly isn't according to the stats.

As well as our awful strikers (and I agree with you they were apalling) we also conceded the highest number of goals in the league so the defence must also take some of the blame.