Mark Ridgers

kevo_smfc

Another poster compared him to Mark Howard earlier. Good comparison.

Widely ridiculed by Saints fans in his younger years...Currently Sheffield United's number 1.

Yeah...I hope Ridgers is our number one next season. We could (and almost certainly would) do far worse.

I might be wrong but I can't help feeling your posts in the last few weeks have been a tad bitter. Just remember the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Yes , you are wrong , I'm not being bitter at all , I'm just of the opinion that he isn't good enough. GKs a position we must get right if we're serious about promotion. There was indecision by the management during our last promotion season involving Hinchcliffe , Smith and Bullock !

Ridgers is hopeless, was this a vote he won to be named official website POTY?

Glad I don't read the forum over there, I thought there was some nonsense posted here but they must be wired to the moon if they think Ridgers is any type of player never mind the best one at the club!

Another poster compared him to Mark Howard earlier. Good comparison.

Widely ridiculed by Saints fans in his younger years...Currently Sheffield United's number 1.

Yeah...I hope Ridgers is our number one next season. We could (and almost certainly would) do far worse.

Probably the reason that they're still in League 1 & go through umpteen managers, maybe their next manager should buy a decent keeper

Inverness won the cup yesterday but if it wasn't for him dropping a simple catch, they would've been out in round 3

Nope....I blame the defender who allowed the cross......No,wait, it was actually one of our forwards who lost the ball that allowed possession to to go to Caley...

or maybe you just don't like Mark Ridgers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ridgers is in general a good goalie and I hope he stays with us for at least until his contract is up, which I believe is for another year. Given he is only 24 he will improve and one area that needs improvement is his command of the goal area.

Ross County still keen to sign him according to the Record today. Interesting to see if we let him go for nothing or want a fee for him - or just tell them to sod off.

Interesting to see that Scott Fox left Thistle for Ross County. I could see him getting the nod ahead of Ridgers if both were playing at the club.

Interesting to see that Scott Fox left Thistle for Ross County. I could see him getting the nod ahead of Ridgers if both were playing at the club.

According to the newspaper article Fox would be No1.

Would you rather be No1 at St Mirren or No2 at County?

According to the newspaper article Fox would be No1.

Would you rather be No1 at St Mirren or No2 at County?

It would be taking a step backwards to where he was at with Hearts. A goalkeeper takes a bigger risk over an outfield player in moving club when there is only one position available to fight for. On paper, you would have thought Kello would have been first pick every week.

Has Sammy been released by Killie?

I believe Sammy signed until this summer with Sillie , so he would be out of contract now unless they give him a new one at Sillie . I don't think there is much chance tho' that he would return to our Club . .

It would be nice to be wrong on that one tho' , as personally , I think Sammy was great for us and is a really decent individual . .

I believe Sammy signed until this summer with Sillie , so he would be out of contract now unless they give him a new one at Sillie . I don't think there is much chance tho' that he would return to our Club . .

It would be nice to be wrong on that one tho' , as personally , I think Sammy was great for us and is a really decent individual . .

Yeah I was a big fan of Sammy, his heroics in the first half of the League Cup Final will live forever in my memory, and outside of the odd blunder, ( trying to dribble past Griffiths in the box at home v Hibs earlier that season readily comes to mind ) he was in my opinion the best keeper we had since promotion under Gus.

Yeah I was a big fan of Sammy, his heroics in the first half of the League Cup Final will live forever in my memory, and outside of the odd blunder, ( trying to dribble past Griffiths in the box at home v Hibs earlier that season readily comes to mind ) he was in my opinion the best keeper we had since promotion under Gus.

As above, Sammy was really good for us and I would be delighted to see him rerun to Saints.

Of course , we mustn't also forget his heroic save of the Mullgrew penalty in the Semi. .which undoubtedly kept us in the game and surely helped , enormously in our victory over der green ***. .clap.gif

Of course , we mustn't also forget his heroic save of the Mullgrew penalty in the Semi. .which undoubtedly kept us in the game and surely helped , enormously in our victory over der green ***. .clap.gif

That penalty save.... and if I remember correctly, a couple v Aberdeen in the quarter final.. Sammy come home! thumbup2.gif