The Appreciation Thread

The last thing I'm going to do is to dig out some recent posts from people lauding this appointment who said a day or two ago that if Murray gets it we are going nowhere... If I did that, folk would go and dig out my posts where I reckoned I could see why the BoD bumped up Tommy Craig - continuity, knows the players, time to be his own man... so on and soforth. Tommy was no different to any new Saints boss - I wanted the best for him and therefore the team.

Which leads me into my view that this time, I am not lauding Murray's appointment as being visionary, nor am I going to say I think his record at Dumbarton isn't great and we should have went for A.N. Other. I am very much up for giving the guy a real chance - give him time. We are in the Championship anyway. We are up against Sevco / Hibs / Motherwell etc anyway. We need a rebuild anyway.... Let's give the guy every chance to move us in the right direction.

There's no desperate bottom six struggle, no grim attempt to hold onto top flight status. A fresh start for everyone - Murray himself, and the players, supporters and staff of St Mirren FC. I am encouraged that the BoD have went for a new, young, outside manager, and I am encouraged that Murray sees us as a step up. He also speaks very well and comes over well in interviews.

Fresh start indeed. The very best wishes to Ian Murray, and indeed applauds to the BoD for making a gutsy move. We are all in this together now. Let's get behind everyone connected with SMFC.

The last thing I'm going to do is to dig out some recent posts from people lauding this appointment who said a day or two ago that if Murray gets it we are going nowhere... If I did that, folk would go and dig out my posts where I reckoned I could see why the BoD bumped up Tommy Craig - continuity, knows the players, time to be his own man... so on and soforth. Tommy was no different to any new Saints boss - I wanted the best for him and therefore the team.

Which leads me into my view that this time, I am not lauding Murray's appointment as being visionary, nor am I going to say I think his record at Dumbarton isn't great and we should have went for A.N. Other. I am very much up for giving the guy a real chance - give him time. We are in the Championship anyway. We are up against Sevco / Hibs / Motherwell etc anyway. We need a rebuild anyway.... Let's give the guy every chance to move us in the right direction.

There's no desperate bottom six struggle, no grim attempt to hold onto top flight status. A fresh start for everyone - Murray himself, and the players, supporters and staff of St Mirren FC. I am encouraged that the BoD have went for a new, young, outside manager, and I am encouraged that Murray sees us as a step up. He also speaks very well and comes over well in interviews.

Fresh start indeed. The very best wishes to Ian Murray, and indeed applauds to the BoD for making a gutsy move. We are all in this together now. Let's get behind everyone connected with SMFC.

Pretty much this.

I can find no reason to feel downbeat about this appointment.

Pretty much this.

I can find no reason to feel downbeat about this appointment.

Joking, right? He's cheap, untested, disnae' bring on the kids, finished a zillion points behind Hearts, fannies about the lower end of the Championship with a part-time outfit, signed Lee Mair, and is shite at Scrabble.

Get this cnut tae' fcuk out of our club! Sort it Gilmour!

Edited by pozbaird

Joking, right? He's cheap, untested, disnae' bring on the kids, finished a zillion points behind Hearts, fannies about the lower end of the Championship with a part-time outfit, signed Lee Mair, and is shite at Scrabble.

Get this cnut tae' fcuk out of our club! Sort it Gilmour!

Everyone finished way below Hearts.

Last year he was available without the need for compensation! Naw why do that when we had Tommy Fooking Craig! Given the resources he had,he has done really with Dumbarton. Critics should look at Dumbarton's performance in the previous season after which he lost his top scorer and Paul McGinn.

2013–14 P 36 W15 D6 L15 F 64 A 64 GD 0 Points 51 Position 5 Championship

Edited by madmitch

Happy enough with this appointment. Should have been brought in when Danny left, but that's history now.

This is perhaps the best time to bring in a guy like Murray. A step up in terms of the size of the club, but in a league he is familiar with. No huge pressure to either keep us up (in the top league), or win the league, so hopefully a couple of years to place his stamp.

Aye, given some of the names in circulation, I am quite happy with this appointment.

Welcome to the club, Ian. All the very best.

Totally agree Drew.

Quite pleased with his appointment. He'll not have the added pressure of a possible relegation battle (hopefully) and be able to bring the younger boys through.

Looking forward to the new season.

Can anyone tell me of any great signings Murray made in two and a half years at Dumbarton or what young players he has brought through while conceding 79 goals and losing over half the league games in a season?

I can't. I don't watch Dumbarton, check their squad lists, read about them in the papers, or research their signings and kids coming to the club.

I know they play in yellow and black strips in Dumbarton.

Why still no official announcement from Saints? - Dumbarton had this news on their website over four hours ago!

Norrie is the only one who knows how to insert 50p in our website's meter, and he's probably away crying into his coffee about Tom Brady's four game ban for deflating balls against Indianapolis Colts....

Give the guy time.