The Appreciation Thread

Watched Murray being interviewed on SKY, sounded positive about getting us challenging for promotion next season... AND.... he can actually string two words together....it's been a while wink.png

He should sound positive and be challenging in the Championship, as he's landed an attractive job at one of the biggest clubs in the league.

Can anyone tell me of any great signings Murray made in two and a half years at Dumbarton or what young players he has brought through while conceding 79 goals and losing over half the league games in a season?

He signed Chris Kane ( 20 ) on loan from the Perth Saints. He scored 10 in 18 last season and 5 in 10 this season.

He also signed a young goalkeeper on loan from Aberdeen called Danny Rodgers ( 21 ) who has been a revelation for them.

Stuart Findlay ( 19 ) signed on loan from Celtic in January, in 15 appearances he has won player of the month twice.

Seems like a sensible appointment to me. After a rotten 12 months, and with all the uncertainty surrounding the club, I do have a concern we could go the way of the likes of Dunfermline or Wigan.

Motherwell

St Mirren

Hibernian

Queen of the South

Falkirk

Raith Rovers

Dumbarton

Livingston

Alloa

Morton

That will be tough. Murray knows the league and, will hopefully be able to steady the ship. Would take 4th place next season right now.

One of the lowest scorers in the Championship last season, second worst defence and had Cowdenbeath not been pumped 10-0 in one match Dumbarton would have had the worst defence in the division.

Well, he has hopefully learned from that (the way Danny did from the Summer of 'beath), and will kick on. He is a young manager and will be learning his trade with every match. For me, the key to being an effective manager - in any line of work - is to take the knocks, know your limitations, and learn. I don't think it is unreasonable to let Murray prove that he has these qualities before writing him off.

Edited by Drew

Can anyone tell me of any great signings Murray made in two and a half years at Dumbarton or what young players he has brought through while conceding 79 goals and losing over half the league games in a season?

No nobody can, I wish him all the best and am glad that Gary Teale was not installed as manager. Ian i hope you do well for us, i'm not totally inspired by your appointment, but hopefully you go on to inspire our team, this is a different job to what you had before and therefore nobody should be judging you until you prove them right or wrong, you have been a manager and will have learned from that.

Make us proud and hard to beat.

COYS.

Seems like a sensible appointment to me. After a rotten 12 months, and with all the uncertainty surrounding the club, I do have a concern we could go the way of the likes of Dunfermline or Wigan.

Motherwell

St Mirren

Hibernian

Queen of the South

Falkirk

Raith Rovers

Dumbarton

Livingston

Alloa

Morton

That will be tough. Murray knows the league and, will hopefully be able to steady the ship. Would take 4th place next season right now.

If we finish below that bottom 5 then we deserve all we get. Personally, I don't see that happening.

Well, he has hopefully learned from that (the way Danny did from the Summer of 'beath), and will kick on. He is a young manager and will be learning his trade with every match. For me, the key to being an effective manager - in any line of work - is to take the knocks, know your limitations, and learn. I don't think it is unreasonable to let Murray prove that he has these qualities before writing him off.

Of course no-one should be writing him off. Some on here are saying we are destined to fail, all he's achieved at Dumbarton was to keep them up, he hasn't signed anyone of note, he hasn't brought through any kids...

I swear to God, if we appointed Jose Mourinho, some on here would say 'Shite - was OK at Madrid and Chelsea with the money, but what did the cnut ever do at Benfica?'

It's been a shite season wearing a shite strip, shite signings, shite results, shite cup exits, shite performances leading to a shitey relegation....

Then, when we get a sniff, a glimmer, a teensy-weensy wee glimpse of that elusive intangible called 'feelgood factor', moaning-faced cnuts on here try to drum it out of you before the ink is even dry on the bloke's contract.

Take a bow, you miserable basturts.

Of course no-one should be writing him off. Some on here are saying we are destined to fail, all he's achieved at Dumbarton was to keep them up, he hasn't signed anyone of note, he hasn't brought through any kids...

I swear to God, if we appointed Jose Mourinho, some on here would say 'Shite - was OK at Madrid and Chelsea with the money, but what did the cnut ever do at Benfica?'

It's been a shite season wearing a shite strip, shite signings, shite results, shite cup exits, shite performances leading to a shitey relegation....

Then, when we get a sniff, a glimmer, a teensy-weensy wee glimpse of that elusive intangible called 'feelgood factor', moaning-faced cnuts on here try to drum it out of you before the ink is even dry on the bloke's contract.

Take a bow, you miserable basturts.

I'm not saying he will fail or is a bad appointment. I thought we were in the market for someone with a bit of experience, who has maybe helped teams get promoted before, or has done well in the transfer market and / or brought through young players? Until Sergie's post above I wasn't aware of Murray signing anyone other than St Mirren rejects although I was sure he must have more strings to his transfer bow than that. It seems we've appointed someone who does a great job interview. The prematch and postmatch interviews should improve this season, which is always important.

At the minute the biggest plus for me is he is an outsider coming in and able to look at the squad ad player contracts without being part of clques within the club for years.

I'm not saying he will fail or is a bad appointment. I thought we were in the market for someone with a bit of experience, who has maybe helped teams get promoted before, or has done well in the transfer market and / or brought through young players? Until Sergie's post above I wasn't aware of Murray signing anyone other than St Mirren rejects although I was sure he must have more strings to his transfer bow than that. It seems we've appointed someone who does a great job interview. The prematch and postmatch interviews should improve this season, which is always important.

At the minute the biggest plus for me is he is an outsider coming in and able to look at the squad ad player contracts without being part of clques within the club for years.

I didn't quote anyone, but if you're putting yourself forward... Miserable basturtttt!

He signed Chris Kane ( 20 ) on loan from the Perth Saints. He scored 10 in 18 last season and 5 in 10 this season.

He also signed a young goalkeeper on loan from Aberdeen called Danny Rodgers ( 21 ) who has been a revelation for them.

Stuart Findlay ( 19 ) signed on loan from Celtic in January, in 15 appearances he has won player of the month twice.

Sadlier & Rodgers are good mates, they play together in the U21 Rep of Ireland squad.

Good keeper.

I stated i would hold back on my season ticket to find out if we were getting a new man in, and that if we did we all need to pay up asap to give the man some cash to work with.

Iam now going to log onto the ticket site and renew my season ticket.

There you go Ian, see who you can get for £275.00 thumbup2.gif

Edited by buddiecat