Thommo Interview.

Just on twitter that a number of the young lads have left the club along with Adam Brown.

From the list I'd say only Robbie Mitchell was worth keeping. None of them are rubbish just no where near the first team and run out of time.

I'd think in general team let the kids go too soon. Nowadays if your not pushing for a start bythe time you are 20 them your done, and that is just wrong.

I would like Teale to be made assistant. He's been treated dreadfully by the club and left to carry the can for bad decisions. He has another year left on his contract so he may as well earn his money.

Treated dreadfully? How so?

Treated dreadfully? How so?

He was appointed assistant manager at the start of the season, then given the Managers job halfway through the season and despite guiding us to the rock bottom of the league we didn't give him the gig full time.

Shocking treatment.

Going by Ian Murray's update, I doubt Teale will be kept on as assistant. Will he accept a downgrade to coach? Probably not.

By already announcing who has left today, it must mean the remaining players out of contract will be offered new terms on their return from holiday.

Edited by kevo_smfc

Over a week and no decisions on what one would assume to be a incoming managers priorities, i.e. Players out of contract, to make offers or let go. Also no news of any targets identified and negotiations. This from a manager who knows the league and the players we are now in. Take it easy Ian, have another roll in sausage down at Ralston now you have a training ground. Nae rush, you've got all summer....

Here you go - you didn't have to wait too long after all

James Dayton and Emmanuel Sonupe, who were on loan last season, have both gone back to their parent clubs.

Jeroen Tesselaar, Marian Kello, Yoann Arquin, Mark Williams and Mo Yaqub have also left the club.

Sadlier has been offered training facilities "while he sorts himself out"

I would like Teale to be made assistant. He's been treated dreadfully by the club and left to carry the can for bad decisions. He has another year left on his contract so he may as well earn his money.

What utter shite.

Oh silly me I forgot that rule that 'nothing must happen, nor any decision be made before ye olde POTY dance has passed'.... Yeah it all makes sense now, how illogical to move for targets, or decide who is staying before we've had a piss up and a dance.

Where was my head at thinking sorting out the playing staff following relegation and a horrendous season should come before a night out?

Ffs there is no end to your moaning. Think for a minute and consider that the POTY will be a swansong for many, in essence a farewell. Let them have their final bow and then see who is coming in to replace those leaving. BTW, I am not shaking about who Dumbarton have brought in just like any other transfer dealings from other clubs. Give Murray a chance and acknowledge he won't operate to your timetable and besting of your drum. There may be a time to complain but certainly not now when the managers seat is still warm from GT's backside. Only a handful of Scottish clubs have brought in players. Most are assessing budgets, playing staff and squad size rather than panic buying which is what our last 2 managers engaged in.

Ffs there is no end to your moaning. Think for a minute and consider that the POTY will be a swansong for many, in essence a farewell. Let them have their final bow and then see who is coming in to replace those leaving. BTW, I am not shaking about who Dumbarton have brought in just like any other transfer dealings from other clubs. Give Murray a chance and acknowledge he won't operate to your timetable and besting of your drum. There may be a time to complain but certainly not now when the managers seat is still warm from GT's backside. Only a handful of Scottish clubs have brought in players. Most are assessing budgets, playing staff and squad size rather than panic buying which is what our last 2 managers engaged in.

That's true but last season we were panic buying in the last 2 weeks in July

I hope we are quicker this summer and not looking at players near the end of our pre season

Hung out to dry by the directors and given no money to spend.

Utter nonsense. He didn't need to take the job, his signings were awful and his tactics were suspect. All in all he got a crack at it and we have been relegated. He had 5 months to save us and when it came to the crunch we lost 5-0 and 3-0 x 2 to our rivals.

He set up the first goal in the cup final, he's a legend.

Billy Abercromby, Campbell Money, Billy Stark, Iain Munro, Frank McAvennie, Jackie Copeland, Cammy Murray are examples of a club legend. The successful cup winning teams are hailed as legends because of the feats but how many can be held in the same regard as Bryceland, Baker, Steve Clarke, Ally McLeod (who else scored 4 goals at Ibrox in a visiting team?), Frank McGarvey et al?

Billy Abercromby, Campbell Money, Billy Stark, Iain Munro, Frank McAvennie, Jackie Copeland, Cammy Murray are examples of a club legend. The successful cup winning teams are hailed as legends because of the feats but how many can be held in the same regard as Bryceland, Baker, Steve Clarke, Ally McLeod (who else scored 4 goals at Ibrox in a visiting team?), Frank McGarvey et al?

They are all legends, agree with that. The cup winning team of 2013 are also legends they beat Celtic and hearts to do it.

Can't list club legends without mentioning Fitzy, but otherwise I agree.

Edited by Mykey

I did apologise for not realising a Dinner Dance was more important than putting a squad together who are capable of gaining promotion at the first shout which Gilmour publicly stated was the boards aim. Oh and glad to see Ian has got his sponsored car sorted out too.... No rush the football side of things can wait. Hope he gets his fuel card and other perks sorted soon too.

Almost forgot to wish Ian happy holidays for next week, hope he catches some sun and rests, recharges the batteries and such. Hell you only live once and theres plenty of time to assemble a playing squad, coach, pre season training schedule, contracts, scouting, dealing with agents, getting an assistant and coaching team. Have a great holiday mate must have been hectic getting your car and all that sorted.

Edited by Lord Pityme