Thommo Interview.

I would like Teale to be made assistant. He's been treated dreadfully by the club and left to carry the can for bad decisions. He has another year left on his contract so he may as well earn his money.

How has he been treated dreadfully? They gave him a terrific opportunity to manage the team and prove himself, he wasn't good enough, they brought someone else in. End of. Hardly poor treatment. I have sympathy for the mire of a team he inherited but he failed - simple as.

I have some sympathy for Teale. He came in at a very difficult time and did change the spirit about the team. He was very unlucky with some of the results due to incompetent match officials. We did seem to be making progress. And then the transfer window!

I don't think you can blame Teale for selling Mclean but you can blame him for Arquin, Gow, Snoopy, and Genev. We could have done much better.

He does have reasonable points per game and win ration, but in the big games we totally blew it and the decent football we were playing went out the window.

On the evidence he did not do enough to keep the gig.

ETA should try the Stranraer job

Edited by insaintee

The guy got us relegated, muppet.

Oh dear.

1; Was given five month to save the club which already had a shite team.

2; First thing Teale did was get rid of some bad players.

3ç Gave a list of players Teale wanted to the Board to strengthen the team

4ç Board or Brain Caldwell could not get any of Teals list to sign for St Mirren

5ç Last day of the open window board sell our best player

6ç Teale forced to bring in players not on his wanted list in the hope something might happen , in other words the club bought a lottery ticket.

Last but not least Teale did not ask for the managers job he was told.

You might not find Teale a hero but for me I remember the Thompson turn with the perfect pass to Teale , Teale running with the ball holding it until just the right time for the Hearts goalie to be out of position. Then Teale cut the ball into the middle for the ball to be tapped into an empty net.

All the first team in that game were heroes and now legends and rightly so.

Too early for your melt down mate , come back on Monday when you can read it officially

Meltdown will only arrive if we dispense of a player/coach with experience in gaining promotion from the English Championship twice, the English first division and the Scottish second division. Mallan recently spoke highly of Teale with him helping to develop in the u20s and then putting him into the first team. I would hate for us to lose such an experienced pro who seems to get on with the young players who must respect what he has done in the game.

I would love to see the experience of Murray, Teale and Thommo all driving the club in the same direction. They all have experience of playing at the highest level so know what it takes.

Gloryhunter, would not argue with that mate.

Unfortunately there are quite a few angry fans who want a complete clear out. However we know anger makes you blind and your thoughts scattered !

I'm not angry at all, I'm really looking forward to the season.

I want what's best for the new gaffer and the club and IMO a complete clear out including our local hero Thommo would be best for the new gaffer.

I'd love to see him back in a few years in a coaching capacity but now is not the right time.

Edited by davidg

I heard Thomohawk had been offered a 1 year deal before heading on holiday and he should sign on his return from holiday. :-)

This cannot be accurate.

The good Lord assured us that the new manager demonstrated flagrant disregard for his responsibilities by heading off on holiday with his family without looking to sort anything out with the squad beforehand.

• 3 weeks later...

Any of our esteemed 'itk' posters know what's happening with him?

He's back his holiday, it's mid June and still no announcement on his contract. Meanwhile Gow has signed up.... Starting to get the fear that Thommo is leaving.

Any of our esteemed 'itk' posters know what's happening with him?

He's back his holiday, it's mid June and still no announcement on his contract. Meanwhile Gow has signed up.... Starting to get the fear that Thommo is leaving.

It's a stick-on McGinn's got something to do with it.