Is There Any Body Out There

Lord Admiral Hill-Norton, Former Chief of Defence Staff, 5 Star Admiral of the Royal Navy, Chairman of the NATO Military Committee

There are objects in our atmosphere, which are technically miles in advance of anything we can deploy, that we have no means of stopping them from coming here. There is a serious possibility that we are being visited and have been visited for many years by people from outer space, by other civilizations. Who they are, where they are from, and what they want should be the subject of rigorous scientific investigation and not be the subject of rubishing by tabloid newspapers

Dr. Brian Oleary, Former NASA astronaut and Princeton Physics Professor

There is abundant evidence that we are being contacted, that civilizations have been monitoring us for a very long time. That their appearance is bizarre from any type of traditional materialistic western point of view. That these visitors use the technologies of consciousness, they use toroids, they use co-rotating magnetic disks for their propulsion systems, that seems to be a common denominator of the UFO phenomenon

Dr. Edgar Mitchell, 6th man to walk on the moon.

Yes there have been crashed craft, and bodies recovered. We are not alone in the universe, they have been coming here for a long time

Gordon Cooper, Former NASA Astronaut, Aeronautical Engineer and test pilot. One of the seven original Astronauts in Project Mercury, the first manned space program of the United States

In my opinion I think they were worried that it would panic the public so they started telling lies about it. And then I think they had to tell another lie to cover their first lie, now they dont know how to get out of it. Now its going to be so embarrassing to admit that all these administrations have told so many untruths, it would be embarrassing getting out of it. There are a number of extraterrestrial vehicles out there cruising around

Lord Admiral Hill-Norton, Former Chief of Defence Staff, 5 Star Admiral of the Royal Navy, Chairman of the NATO Military Committee

There are objects in our atmosphere, which are technically miles in advance of anything we can deploy, that we have no means of stopping them from coming here. There is a serious possibility that we are being visited and have been visited for many years by people from outer space, by other civilizations. Who they are, where they are from, and what they want should be the subject of rigorous scientific investigation and not be the subject of rubishing by tabloid newspapers

There is abundant evidence that we are being contacted, that civilizations have been monitoring us for a very long time. That their appearance is bizarre from any type of traditional materialistic western point of view. That these visitors use the technologies of consciousness, they use toroids, they use co-rotating magnetic disks for their propulsion systems, that seems to be a common denominator of the UFO phenomenon

Yes there have been crashed craft, and bodies recovered. We are not alone in the universe, they have been coming here for a long time

Gordon Cooper, Former NASA Astronaut, Aeronautical Engineer and test pilot. One of the seven original Astronauts in Project Mercury, the first manned space program of the United States

In my opinion I think they were worried that it would panic the public so they started telling lies about it. And then I think they had to tell another lie to cover their first lie, now they dont know how to get out of it. Now its going to be so embarrassing to admit that all these administrations have told so many untruths, it would be embarrassing getting out of it. There are a number of extraterrestrial vehicles out there cruising around

You had me until that. I'm not gullible enough to believe in the moon landings!

You had me until that. I'm not gullible enough to believe in the moon landings!

Don't believe in the moon landings either. If the Russians were winning the space race why have they never sent a man to the moon? Kennedy promised a man on the moon by the end of the decade and they were losing the space race. Lo and behold the managed it (allegedly).

FFS.

Do any of the loony bins who actually believe this tedious guff ever stop and ask themselves why these "aliens" only visit desolated places?

We never see them in our High Streets.

Or are we to believe that having made a billion mile journey from the planet GullibleAsf**k they suddenly are overcome by shyness?

FFS.

Do any of the loony bins who actually believe this tedious guff ever stop and ask themselves why these "aliens" only visit desolated places?

Or are we to believe that having made a billion mile journey from the planet GullibleAsf**k they suddenly are overcome by shyness?

Cannae' come down the High Street until July. Do keep up!

Don't believe in the moon landings either. If the Russians were winning the space race why have they never sent a man to the moon? Kennedy promised a man on the moon by the end of the decade and they were losing the space race. Lo and behold the managed it (allegedly).

Nothing like a good conspiracy. Have watched the documentaries that say there was no man on the moon , they are good and make you question the facts.

However have also watched the documentaries that ridicule the ones that say they was never a man put on the moon.

Who knows as you say the USSR was out in front in the space race. However when you look at the pictures taken of earth from the moon and the shuttle space craft they are absolutely stunning. Also the many video movies of the moon surface again from the shuttle they are real going by maps of the moon

Here we are today putting robotic machines onto the surface of Mars.

Many people believe the American government blow up the New York towers and if you watch the documentaries its easy to understand why so many think like that. There is nothing further from the truth on the towers the planes brought them down.

Diana is another one that can be open to question especially when you have the mother of an ex girlfriend to an SAS soldier writing to the chief of defence about how Dina was taken out which match eye witnesses accounts outside the tunnel seeing extremely bright light shinning before the noise of the crash. A well know SAS tactic to blind the so called enemy.

Plenty conspiracies to keep the mind working overtime.

UFOs for me are real. We have mentioned before that scientists now know there are galaxies out there made of the same stuff our own galaxy is made of which are millions of years older than our galaxy. All it takes is a planet like our own to be millions of years advanced. Einstein says its possible to travel billions of miles is seconds through worm holes. Anything is possible as they say the truth is out there ( somewhere )

FFS.

Scientists , physics are all crack pots everyone except you.

Small narrow minded Mr Oaksoft

I don't see why not. It's only 112 years since the Wright brothers flew at Kitty Hawk and look how aircraft have progressed from stringbags to fighters, bombers, trans-Atlantic jets, supersonic planes, Concorde, missiles and rockets. All in little over 100 years. Space may be infinite. It was supposed to be at one time. Suppose in some far corner of the Milky Way in the year 1ad. there was a planet where their aircraft were on a par with what we have today. How much might that planet's aircraft have advanced by today? I dunno, but I would think a lot. Go further than that. Suppose when Homo Erectus was first getting erect my imaginery planet already had supersonic aircraft. How much might they have developed interplanetary craft? I don't know that either.

Why haven't we got conclusive proof of interplanetary travel? They don't want us to know. We know what a cock-up colonialisation can be. I think an advanced civilisation might adopt a laissez faire policy. If they have, I hope they would step in to stop us completely destroying our green planet.

I think to believe that we live in the only inhabited planet is taking conceit to the nth. degree. I also believe that a species which had supersonic aircraft 2,000 years ago could easily have mastered interplanetary travel by 1,000 ad.

FFS.

You're not very observant for a Scientist Oaky, here on BAWA we have Slartibartfast ( from the planet Magrathea ), we have Ford Prefect from a small planet in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, Zaphod ( from the same planet ) and StuDick who is obviously a Vogon.

Or perhaps you are trying to hide here on earth after being expelled from your own home planet...

Nothing like a good conspiracy. Have watched the documentaries that say there was no man on the moon , they are good and make you question the facts.However have also watched the documentaries that ridicule the ones that say they was never a man put on the moon.Who knows as you say the USSR was out in front in the space race. However when you look at the pictures taken of earth from the moon and the shuttle space craft they are absolutely stunning. Also the many video movies of the moon surface again from the shuttle they are real going by maps of the moonHere we are today putting robotic machines onto the surface of Mars.Many people believe the American government blow up the New York towers and if you watch the documentaries its easy to understand why so many think like that. There is nothing further from the truth on the towers the planes brought them down.Diana is another one that can be open to question especially when you have the mother of an ex girlfriend to an SAS soldier writing to the chief of defence about how Dina was taken out which match eye witnesses accounts outside the tunnel seeing extremely bright light shinning before the noise of the crash. A well know SAS tactic to blind the so called enemy.Plenty conspiracies to keep the mind working overtime.UFOs for me are real. We have mentioned before that scientists now know there are galaxies out there made of the same stuff our own galaxy is made of which are millions of years older than our galaxy. All it takes is a planet like our own to be millions of years advanced. Einstein says its possible to travel billions of miles is seconds through worm holes. Anything is possible as they say the truth is out there ( somewhere )

You missed out the biggest conspiracy theory of them all. Ask any Celtic fan about the refereeing and the SFA.

I don't see why not. It's only 112 years since the Wright brothers flew at Kitty Hawk and look how aircraft have progressed from stringbags to fighters, bombers, trans-Atlantic jets, supersonic planes, Concorde, missiles and rockets. All in little over 100 years. Space may be infinite. It was supposed to be at one time. Suppose in some far corner of the Milky Way in the year 1ad. there was a planet where their aircraft were on a par with what we have today. How much might that planet's aircraft have advanced by today? I dunno, but I would think a lot. Go further than that. Suppose when Homo Erectus was first getting erect my imaginery planet already had supersonic aircraft. How much might they have developed interplanetary craft? I don't know that either.

Why haven't we got conclusive proof of interplanetary travel? They don't want us to know. We know what a cock-up colonialisation can be. I think an advanced civilisation might adopt a laissez faire policy. If they have, I hope they would step in to stop us completely destroying our green planet.

I think to believe that we live in the only inhabited planet is taking conceit to the nth. degree. I also believe that a species which had supersonic aircraft 2,000 years ago could easily have mastered interplanetary travel by 1,000 ad.

Yes , perhaps it would be ludicrous to expect that we are the only intelligent life in the universe , never mind this galaxy , in which we are positioned at the edge of . As one gets closer to the centre of the galaxy there are far more stars making "downtown" a far more dense and concentrated area. No doubt some star has reached a far greater degree of technological advancement . But that being the case , why would they come here ? I'm quite they know we are out here in a similar way that we know Siberia exists (or Greenock for that matter) but we don't necessarily want to go there. .

Also , if they did come here , surely they would be able to make themselves "unseen" ?

The great inventor Tesla discovered aether theories and more advanced electro-magnetic propulsion systems . Despite being the father of the modern electrical age (he also discovered alternating current , prior to which , you would have to have stayed about a mile away from a power station producing direct current) , by the early part of the 20th century , Tesla was virtually a non person because his funding had been withdrawn due to him proposing the wireless transmission of free energy (electricity). Tesla had threatened the monopoly that is the coal,gas and oil industry. Certainly Tesla continued to produce theories right up until his death but perhaps some other agencies on this planet have went ahead and developed his theories ? It certainly looks like there is physical evidence that the Nazis tried to develop them. . and of course , after the war hundreds of Nazi scientists were captured and put to work by the Allies. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Space for me is fascinating probably because looking up to the sky at sea from different parts of the world you see different formations of stars. Down here in Brazil you get great views of the Milky Way.

One night in January in the southern atmosphere on a clear dark night the sky was pulsating with a dim light every few seconds a wonderful sight just like the northern lights is a amazing spectacle.

The Hubble telescope DVD is strongly recommended if you are interested in space. We are seeing further into space than we have ever done and learning more almost on a daily basis.

Here is an equation that's worth a read.

Let's get down to some mathematics. The equation, in its pure form, looks like this:

N = R* × fp × ne × fl × fi × fc × L

It looks horrible, but it's really easy to understand. Its purpose is to take some numbers we can estimate from our existing knowledge rather than totally guess, plug them all together and come up with the magic number "N" an estimate on the number of contactable civilizations.

We can start by taking the average rate of star formation (R*) in our Galaxy, the Milky Way. A strange factor to consider perhaps, but understanding how many stars form each year allows us to ultimately consider how many civilizations are born each year. Current theory suggests this number, in the Milky Way, is about 10 new stars per year.

The second item fр defines the fraction of those stars which have planets and, according to current scientific values, is something like 50 percent.

Of the remaining values, we can actually look closer to home and learn from our very own solar system. Taking ne and fΙ, which explain the number of planets that can support life and the fraction of those planets where life actually evolves, and applying to the Solar System, will suggest a couple of possible options.

Obviously, Earth can support life (as we know it) and perhaps in the past so has Mars, this gives us an answer of 2 for the first point but we should also perhaps consider Europa and Titan as they, too, may harbor conditions where life, however primitive or weird, may be able to evolve, giving us an answer of 4 instead. The fraction where life evolves is at least 1 but it's thought that if the conditions are right, then life will evolve to some degree, at some time, leaving f

We can then apply some decent and pretty reliable numbers to the final factors in Drake's equation. fⁱ is the fraction of those life bearing planets where intelligent life evolves. From our own Solar System we know of only one place where intelligent life has evolved (although sometimes I do wonder) leaving us with 25 percent.

According to the SETI organization, fⁱrefers to the "fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space" and comes in at a meager 1 percent.

Finally comes "L," the length of time that the civilization releases detectable signals into space, which, using humans as an example, this technological advancement can be estimated at 10,000 years.

So this is the exciting bit, plug those numbers all in to the equation and you come up with... (drum roll please) ...50!

Is that really it?

The number of contactable civilizations in our Galaxy, right now, that we might communicate with, is just 50... fifty? It's estimated that there is around 400 billion stars in our Galaxy and, according to my numbers (which, by their nature are educated guesses), there are just 50 alien civilizations that we could communicate with.

Space for me is fascinating probably because looking up to the sky at sea from different parts of the world you see different formations of stars. Down here in Brazil you get great views of the Milky Way.

One night in January in the southern atmosphere on a clear dark night the sky was pulsating with a dim light every few seconds a wonderful sight just like the northern lights is a amazing spectacle.

The Hubble telescope DVD is strongly recommended if you are interested in space. We are seeing further into space than we have ever done and learning more almost on a daily basis.

Here is an equation that's worth a read.

Let's get down to some mathematics. The equation, in its pure form, looks like this:

N = R* × fp × ne × fl × fi × fc × L

It looks horrible, but it's really easy to understand. Its purpose is to take some numbers we can estimate from our existing knowledge rather than totally guess, plug them all together and come up with the magic number "N" an estimate on the number of contactable civilizations.

We can start by taking the average rate of star formation (R*) in our Galaxy, the Milky Way. A strange factor to consider perhaps, but understanding how many stars form each year allows us to ultimately consider how many civilizations are born each year. Current theory suggests this number, in the Milky Way, is about 10 new stars per year.

The second item fр defines the fraction of those stars which have planets and, according to current scientific values, is something like 50 percent.

Of the remaining values, we can actually look closer to home and learn from our very own solar system. Taking ne and fΙ, which explain the number of planets that can support life and the fraction of those planets where life actually evolves, and applying to the Solar System, will suggest a couple of possible options.

Obviously, Earth can support life (as we know it) and perhaps in the past so has Mars, this gives us an answer of 2 for the first point but we should also perhaps consider Europa and Titan as they, too, may harbor conditions where life, however primitive or weird, may be able to evolve, giving us an answer of 4 instead. The fraction where life evolves is at least 1 but it's thought that if the conditions are right, then life will evolve to some degree, at some time, leaving f

We can then apply some decent and pretty reliable numbers to the final factors in Drake's equation. fⁱ is the fraction of those life bearing planets where intelligent life evolves. From our own Solar System we know of only one place where intelligent life has evolved (although sometimes I do wonder) leaving us with 25 percent.

According to the SETI organization, fⁱrefers to the "fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space" and comes in at a meager 1 percent.

Finally comes "L," the length of time that the civilization releases detectable signals into space, which, using humans as an example, this technological advancement can be estimated at 10,000 years.

So this is the exciting bit, plug those numbers all in to the equation and you come up with... (drum roll please) ...50!

Is that really it?

The number of contactable civilizations in our Galaxy, right now, that we might communicate with, is just 50... fifty? It's estimated that there is around 400 billion stars in our Galaxy and, according to my numbers (which, by their nature are educated guesses), there are just 50 alien civilizations that we could communicate with.

52 actually.

N = (R* × fp × ne × fl × fi × fc × L)+(Er2e)

You forgot the other variable.

The two bigot brothers' fans.